I have been working on a native Telegram app for BlackBerry 10 for some time now (before the whole Facebook bought WhatsApp scare) and hope to release a first beta in the next couple of weeks (would love to say days but don't want to make and break any promises).
    So stay tuned as I plan to go live on Crackberry first of course

BTW. if I have time I will post some UI screenshots to get early feedback on UI improvements!
    AWESOME! This awesome indie development FTW!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 07:15 AM
    BTW any special requests? I will keep it simple and quite similar to the existing Telegram apps for now but am open to suggestions
    02-28-14 08:29 AM
    BTW any special requests? I will keep it simple and quite similar to the existing Telegram apps for now but am open to suggestions
    Are you going to follow Telegram's path and make it free and open-source, or you're just going to release it via BBWorld?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 08:35 AM
    Simply the fact that you are working to further extend BlackBerry's App ecosystem is awesome but since you're asking here are some suggestions:
    Make it fit in with te BB10 experience: HUB integration, a Black Theme option; BB10 UI shortcuts for the Qwerty users among us; toast notifications.

And a donate to the developer shortcut shouldn't be forgotten

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dodger52; 02-28-14 at 12:46 PM.
    02-28-14 10:31 AM
    Are you going to follow Telegram's path and make it free and open-source, or you're just going to release it via BBWorld?
    I want to release at least the library parts as open source – not sure about the actual BB10 app yet. Will see how it turns out
    02-28-14 02:18 PM
    Make it fit in with te BB10 experience: HUB integration, a Black Theme option; BB10 UI shortcuts for the Qwerty users among us; toast notifications.

And a donate to the developer shortcut shouldn't be forgotten
    HUB integration was planned before I even started development
    I'm not a big fan of the black theme (at least not on the Z10), but will keep it on my todo.
    For the rest of the UI I want to get Built for BB again
    02-28-14 02:21 PM
    Great you are working on it! Hub integration and toast notifications are the most important. If we could have that, that would be awesome!
    Next to that the standard telegram features (any file sharing, secret chats, ...) are already great!
    Thanks once again.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 02:28 PM
    Great you are working on it! Hub integration and toast notifications are the most important.
    What do you mean with toast notifications? The instant notifications like BBM or WhatsApp where you can also reply and stuff?
    03-01-14 02:17 AM
    What do you mean with toast notifications? The instant notifications like BBM or WhatsApp where you can also reply and stuff?
    Yes, that's toast

Posted via my Z30 running 10.2.1
    03-01-14 05:17 AM
    It really needs to run headless! Don't want to run it in an active frame. Looking forward so much! Thank you!
    03-01-14 06:49 AM
    HUB integration was planned before I even started development
    I'm not a big fan of the black theme (at least not on the Z10), but will keep it on my todo.
    For the rest of the UI I want to get Built for BB again
    No man I LOVE the black theme on my Q10

Either way you're effort is great!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Dodger52; 03-01-14 at 08:07 AM.
    03-01-14 07:23 AM
    03-02-14 06:04 AM
    Hi alopix,
    Do you have any screenshots available? :-) Is it progressing well?
    03-03-14 10:47 AM
    Hi alopix,
    Do you have any screenshots available? :-) Is it progressing well?
    No screenshots yet – could take some later this week though.
    Progressing well and hope to have a really early version out soonish
    03-04-14 01:05 AM
    Hello alopix could you implement the offline status into it also that not everyone can be able to see when your online and stuff like that. Many thanks from amsterdam.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 01:33 AM
    Hello alopix could you implement the offline status into it also that not everyone can be able to see when your online and stuff like that.
    Not exactly sure what you mean by it? Setting an offline status when not actively using the app?
    03-04-14 01:39 AM
    Not exactly sure what you mean by it? Setting an offline status when not actively using the app?
    Uhmmm what I mean is that when someone else check the app for people's who are online they doesn't see that I just opened up my app are the last time a was online. iPhone has that option. My English is not that well

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 03:42 AM
    Uhmmm what I mean is that when someone else check the app for people's who are online they doesn't see that I just opened up my app are the last time a was online. iPhone has that option. My English is not that well
    You want to hide that you are currently online – if I understood correctly.

If Telegram supports it, I will consider adding this feature.
    03-04-14 06:45 AM
    Yes okok would be nice. Tnx 4 the response.

Posted from my Q10 king off all kings.
    03-04-14 03:19 PM
    If you need beta tester, count me in!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 07:13 AM
    Will you follow Telegram's own design guidelines, or rather BlackBerry's? Or will you come up with something new?

Your work is still appreciated. Before an official Twitter app existed on iOS, there were a couple of third-party ones, each with their own strategies, designs and features. These are actually still very popular today, despite the official app. It is by no means a lost cause if there is a bit of competition, it all depends on what you make of it.

My only requests thus far are proper integration with the Hub and notifications (i.e. that I can do all messaging within the Hub, without opening an active frame) and a sleek design. I am currently using the Android version, but I can't say I like it. It really needs a menu bar at the bottom and the text size should reflect the system default (which you can change in system settings).

Keep up the work. Can't wait for a few screenshots! :-)
    03-08-14 10:07 AM
    Hi alopix,
    Any progress made? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 03:18 AM
    Hi alopix,
    Any progress made? ;-)
    The whole telegram connection stuff is basically done but untested and therefor having problems with it
    Wanted to release a first alpha/beta version next week but weather was too perfect so development was slow (at least now it's raining ). Didn't want to release screenshots yet and make people anxious ;P
    03-16-14 03:44 AM
    The whole telegram connection stuff is basically done but untested and therefor having problems with it
    Wanted to release a first alpha/beta version next week but weather was too perfect so development was slow (at least now it's raining ). Didn't want to release screenshots yet and make people anxious ;P
    Let's hope it rains a lot :-)
    Can't wait to test it.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 04:19 PM
    Let's hope it rains a lot :-)
    Can't wait to test it.
    Finally found one of the problems and now it looks like I'm going to start a dedicated thread this week – just as I had planed
    03-18-14 01:20 AM
67 123