@cdm76: you sir, are a great joker. On my side, I guess you did understand that I wasn't complaining. But priv and android will eventually wipe out the rest.
    04-18-16 09:27 PM
    @cdm76: you sir, are a great joker. On my side, I guess you did understand that I wasn't complaining. But priv and android will eventually wipe out the rest.
    Yes I did understand hopefully you didn't think I was directing that at you. I was trying to generalize.

And I hope you are right. I love BB10 dearly but it's just not working in the consumer / enterprise space.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 11:00 PM

And I hope you are right. I love BB10 dearly but it's just not working in the consumer / enterprise space.

Posted via CB10
    Do you really think anyone knows about BB10? It's like if you made a movie and didn't advertise for it and only played it in your basement. "Oh, this movie just isn't for the mainstream." Ludicrous.
    Raptor 007 likes this.
    05-03-16 05:19 PM
    On Pebblets and ESPN apps:

I am running T2W pro on a Passport using Pebble steel watch.

When I first install them they work perfectly and I get excited. After the first disconnect or something, they stop working. The watch seems to search for the refresh data (new team scores, new stock prices, whatever) within the app but cannot find anything. It just shows that it is searching. Eventually, I give up.

In other words, the apps themselves open but are not retrieving the data they need to function.

I think this problem started after an update 6 months or so ago because I remember a period when I could use Pebblets and ESPN. Maybe this has changed. Any input? Thanks.
    05-03-16 05:30 PM
    On Pebblets and ESPN apps:

I am running T2W pro on a Passport using Pebble steel watch.

When I first install them they work perfectly and I get excited. After the first disconnect or something, they stop working. The watch seems to search for the refresh data (new team scores, new stock prices, whatever) within the app but cannot find anything. It just shows that it is searching. Eventually, I give up.

In other words, the apps themselves open but are not retrieving the data they need to function.

I think this problem started after an update 6 months or so ago because I remember a period when I could use Pebblets and ESPN. Maybe this has changed. Any input? Thanks.
    Can you check if both watchfaces needs an update? To do so, close Talk2Watch and make sure it's not running headless. Open Pebble app ( you might want to update Pebble app too, it has been updated quite a few times in the past two-three months), pair with Pebble watch, go in Pebble Appstore by selecting the + sign and look for those watchfaces/watchapps.

I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 06:20 PM
    I might need to find the latest Pebble app. When I try to open the apps from Talk2Watch it tells me an update is available for firmware 3.X. When I try to do this it freezes and doesn't update.

Any advice on where to sideload the latest Pebble app from? I thought this would be easier on my new phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 04:39 AM
    There are mostly three options :
    1) Use Snap (sideload needed)
    2) Install Play Store apk and patch it (search CB forums for infos)
    3) Use this url to search for Pebble apk : https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ (search for 'com.getpebble.android.basalt')

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 04:46 AM
    Thanks, Rodger. I found it. Holy sh--! I had no idea Pebble had completely reworked its OS for the old devices!

Wow! ESPN is working on my watch and I haven't even reinstalled Talk2Watch yet! It's running pure Android? I don't get it but looking forward to much better operation on my old watch.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 05:12 AM
    I installed Hub2Watch and Talk2Watch from scratch. I think I first did Hub2Watch from within the Pebble app. The watchface shows up but no notifications. I then tried to install Hub2Watch from within Talk2Watch since it shows up in my locker. Then the watch freezes. Should I delete and try to install again from Talk2Watch?

ESPN app now freezes when I try to start it -- so no improvement there. I can run when linked to the Android app only. If the watch is linked to Talk2Watch the ESPN app (and I suspect others) won't work

Thanks!
    05-04-16 06:20 AM
    I installed Hub2Watch and Talk2Watch from scratch. I think I first did Hub2Watch from within the Pebble app. The watchface shows up but no notifications. I then tried to install Hub2Watch from within Talk2Watch since it shows up in my locker. Then the watch freezes. Should I delete and try to install again from Talk2Watch?

ESPN app now freezes when I try to start it -- so no improvement there. I can run when linked to the Android app only. If the watch is linked to Talk2Watch the ESPN app (and I suspect others) won't work

Thanks!
    First of all, remember that you can't use Pebble app alongside Talk2Watch, most watchapps won't work with Talk2Watch but they will with Pebble app, but you won't get email or sms notifications with Pebble app. There are still some watchapps that works with Talk2Watch, but you'll have to try them individually.

For Hub2Watch :
    Install Hub2Watch and Talk2Watch, in whatever order you prefer. Make sure Talk2Watch is connected to your watch. Once done, open Hub2Watch, swipe down from top and select Help. Click Tutorial button in the bottom. On the third screen, click on Authorize with Talk2Watch button. There should be a message saying that it's now connected to Talk2Watch, you'll be good to go after that, just navigate to the menu on your Pebble and go back to Hub2Watch watchface to force a refresh.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 07:06 AM
    Thanks, Roger. I had to install the Porsche watchface from the Pebble app because my Talk2Watch app is not working well. I can't install or even view installed apps within Talk2Watch.

I did get Porsche up with notifications but I notice that the temperature reads 1832. Hmmm. Probably not a Hub2Watch issue but still annoying.

That is a good design for this watch. I wish I could get text readout instead of BBM since so few contacts on BBM. But it's very nice.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 12:15 PM
    Current list of apps working with Talk2Watch? Has anyone discussed this recently?

I'm down to Misfit. Do any other non-watch faces work?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 12:53 PM
    I don't mean to hog the thread, but does anyone know why after upgrading my Pebble Watch firmware and the Pebble app, my BB10 device shows two bluetooth Pebble watches available for connection?

One of these is just "Pebble 7A--" and the other is "Pebble-LE 7A." What does the "LE" mean? Can this extra watch in the bluetooth devices create any issues? Thanks.
    05-04-16 01:14 PM
    The Pebble name with 'LE' showing in your bluetooth settings is the Low Energy bluetooth protocol that the Pebble supports, but don't pair with that one as it's not used for Android or BlackBerry, it's only used for iPhone pairing.

For Hub2Watch temperature, it's indeed a Hub2Watch bug, but you can probably fix it yourself by opening Hub2Watch, swipe down from top and select Settings and change Weather provider to another one. Stay away from Yahoo as this one have been unreliable lately.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 03:40 PM
    Roger, changing the provider does not fix it but I notice that if I change the setting to show Celsius the reading falls to 1000 from 1832.

Looking at the settings some more, I found that my location was not set. Once I did that it started working.

Great new version of your app! Thanks!
    05-05-16 03:08 AM
    Roger, changing the provider does not fix it but I notice that if I change the setting to show Celsius the reading falls to 1000 from 1832.

Looking at the settings some more, I found that my location was not set. Once I did that it started working.

Great new version of your app! Thanks!
    Great news! Thanks for the feedback, hope you'll enjoy Hub2Watch as much as I do.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 04:12 AM
    I have just sent an email to the developer of Talk2watch. I do hope to receive an answer. I will post any info here.
    05-16-16 01:57 AM
    I suppose, Blackberry will not find a solution for a proper whatsapp Integration in 2017. So everybody who wants whatsapp will have to use the android version. Now the android version only displays one notification in the hub, if a whatsapp message is received. Until now I don't know a way to get a message on my pebble steel, if a android-app-notification is displayed in the hub.

Today I use Powertools to sent the information of a received whatsapp message to my pebble. Does anybody know a way to send android-app-notifications or any other notifications from apps to a pebble?

I don't want to use a particular watchface for showing up a new received whatsapp message. Best way for me would be a popup message like Powertools does it in combination with talk2watch.
    Last edited by Jenserm; 05-19-16 at 04:47 AM.
    05-19-16 04:29 AM
    I suppose, Blackberry will not find a solution for a proper whatsapp Integration in 2017. So everybody who wants whatsapp will have to use the android version. Now the android version only displays one notification in the hub, if a whatsapp message is received. Until now I don't know a way to get a message on my pebble steel, if a android-app-notification is displayed in the hub.

Today I use Powertools to sent the information of a received whatsapp message to my pebble. Does anybody know a way to send android-app-notifications or any other notifications from apps to a pebble?
    Unfortunately, there is no way to reliably do that. Android apps running in Android runtime might be able to catch some of the Android notifications posted, but at some point they won't be able to catch them anymore until the phone restart, and there's no good reason why this is happening.

I've explained this in more details in the before-last post of this thread :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=994438

While WhatsApp is still supported on BlackBerry 10, I suggest you stick to PowerTools or you sideload my unpublished app HubNotifier, which is pretty similar to PowerTools in terms of WhatsApp notifications :
    https://app.box.com/s/ykdjln2zvabrmyh9beznie7n4l04zwg6

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 04:49 AM
    Thank you for your fast response, Rodger. I'll see what I do, if whatsapp will not work as native app in 2017.
    05-19-16 06:26 AM
    Hi, I am new user of T2W and H2W with pebble steel on blackberry passport... the installation was a bit tricky, managed to do that, also T2W is a bit moody, sometimes the pebble store works, sometime problems with installing watchfaces... the biggest probl�m for me now is that NO facebook notifications work... tried Talk2Watch, FB settings, authorized it, reinstalled it... what am i doing wrong? thank you for any help... really need to get the notifications and read a messages at least partially...
    06-06-16 04:02 AM
    Hi, I am new user of T2W and H2W with pebble steel on blackberry passport... the installation was a bit tricky, managed to do that, also T2W is a bit moody, sometimes the pebble store works, sometime problems with installing watchfaces... the biggest probl�m for me now is that NO facebook notifications work... tried Talk2Watch, FB settings, authorized it, reinstalled it... what am i doing wrong? thank you for any help... really need to get the notifications and read a messages at least partially...
    If you upgraded to the new BB10 Facebook app, which is really only a link to the Facebook mobile browse, you have lost the FB notifications on T2W. It's not a T2W issue, it's a facebook app issue

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    06-09-16 05:15 AM
    If you upgraded to the new BB10 Facebook app, which is really only a link to the Facebook mobile browse, you have lost the FB notifications on T2W. It's not a T2W issue, it's a facebook app issue

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    Technically, that's not right. Facebook integration was broken in Talk2Watch way before Facebook app become a Web launcher app. Facebook changed their policy on third-party apps that can access your Timeline sometime in 2015, Talk2Watch lost his access at that moment. Benjamin tried really hard to regain access to Facebook API calls but it went nowhere. In fact, Talk2Watch never relied on the BlackBerry 10 Facebook app at all.

The only way to get Facebook notifications are with Nemory's app Face10 (Pro version required), go into Settings page of Face10, scroll down to middle of the page and enable "Bridge Pebble" notifications. I worked with Nemory to make this connection possible between Face10 and Bridge, and because I always been a supporter of Benjamin's work, I also made sure that Face10 connects to Talk2Watch too. So, even if it's not clearly stated in Face10, you can use Face10 with Talk2Watch to get Facebook notifications on your Pebble. There's nothing to setup in Talk2Watch Pro app, it will just magically work.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 05:34 AM
    My Q10 (10.3.2) does not work well with T2W free version when paired with Pebble Steel. The watch only shows ongoing call notification, but that's all. SMS, Email contents couldnt be pused to the watch screen. Please give me some recommendations. Thanks in advance!
    06-19-16 05:44 AM
    Buy the pro version ?
    06-21-16 06:45 AM
2,357 ... 8990919293 ...