Just jump and install 10.3.1 through sachesi. T-Mobile will likely leave you on that version forever

Posted via CB10
    Even on 10.3, launching Pandora from t2wpro doesn't work, like it does in pebble's native app. About sachesi, some rumors are that T-Mobile may roll out 10.3 in June, but who knows. Rumors are just that. I like the possibility of having free wifi calling. Unfortunately, there is no app for that (to wifi call any landline for instance); viber, Skype or whatsapp would just need to use phone's credentials to place the call from their servers (I guess). Maybe one day, some app will do it. (Skype does it, but not for free).
    Last edited by bbnole; 04-25-15 at 12:00 PM.
    04-25-15 11:46 AM
    The 10.2 is the latest from T-Mobile, the look and feel of t2wpro (1.0.4.0) is different from the version working on 10.3. But I did try t2wpro on a 10.3 from Rogers (Canada) and espn wasn't working as well. But more importantly, how to launch an app on the phone using scripts? this would be useful. Pebble app does it with Pandora.
    I can't remember if it was a script at some point, but it wouldn't be a great experience anyway. Here's why :
    An app (ie: Talk2Watch) can only open another one (invoke) while it is fullscreen and device screen is on.

If your device is in your pocket, it won't work.
    If your device screen is on but Talk2Watch is minimized as an active frame, it won't work.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:08 PM
    An app (ie: Talk2Watch) can only open another one (invoke) while it is fullscreen and device screen is on.
    but pebble's native app (headless) can open Pandora without any problem! both on blackberry or any android phone.
    04-25-15 12:13 PM
    but pebble's native app (headless) can open Pandora without any problem! both on blackberry or any android phone.
    What's happening here might be confusing for the end-user.

Pebble app and Pandora app are both Android apps. The way it works here on BlackBerry, there's an Android runtime that is running at all time, and when you open an Android app, it will be executed in this Android runtime. Think of the runtime as a standalone big app that would run all the Android small apps. So, small apps that are running inside this Android runtime can interact with each others, exactly the same way they do on Android. So, yes, Pebble app can open Pandora even if Pebble app is closed or not fullscreen, because both apps are living in the Android runtime (like if they were part of the same app). I haven't tested this as I have never built an Android app, but I would assume that an Android app wouldn't be able to open a BlackBerry native app if it isn't fullscreen with screen awake.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 12:33 PM
    Great explanation.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 01:02 PM
    great explanation indeed, but what is the conclusion: there is no solution or there is no will?
    the only chance of survival for bb is the integration of android apps. On my 10.2, I can see watchespn, teamviewer and other, with the big plus of a physical keyboard (only reason I use bb). App developers for BB should go in the same direction, make APK versions that work well in bb. Otherwise, it is only detrimental. Now, this story is yet another reason to switch from bb, instead of being a reason to keep it on.
    04-25-15 01:41 PM
    great explanation indeed, but what is the conclusion: there is no solution or there is no will?
    the only chance of survival for bb is the integration of android apps. On my 10.2, I can see watchespn, teamviewer and other, with the big plus of a physical keyboard (only reason I use bb). App developers for BB should go in the same direction, make APK versions that work well in bb. Otherwise, it is only detrimental. Now, this story is yet another reason to switch from bb, instead of being a reason to keep it on.
    Let's be honest, no one makes Android app targeted for BlackBerry devices. They make Android apps that are targeted at Android users and they might take some extra steps to make it work on BlackBerry too.

I don't have an Android phone. If I wanted to start to develop Android apps, I'd buy an Android phone, and that phone would become my daily driver as I'm mostly testing my apps by using them all day. I'd probably build one or two apps with BlackBerry devices as main focus, but the third app or so would be targeted at Android users and I'd probably stop supporting BlackBerry devices at some point, because I wouldn't see the point anymore.

Getting access to Android apps is an amazing feature as a BlackBerry end user, but the recent decision by BlackBerry to push developers to Android development have started to make the native developer community shrink, and I don't see that positively. But, that's my own point-of-vue, for me, I LOVE developing apps on BlackBerry and I'm not ready to jump ship. I don't care about app revenue, as I do this for fun.

Have you seen a post about an Android app specially targeted at BlackBerry users? I've not seen one yet...

Hope I didn't sound too depressed as I'm not, but I don't think this is going to end well...

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 04:40 PM
    Hope I didn't sound too depressed as I'm not, but I don't think this is going to end well...
    but it will end somehow maybe BB will adopt the core of the android OS, solving the runtime app issue you described above. But one way or the other, the BB OS will end. It was fun but the ball is rolling over.
    Perhaps there are some patches that BB developers can make for bb apps. Without having any clue about what I'm talking, I give as an example the google app services required to run WatchESPN and Netflix on 10.2 . I uploaded them from a forum and all is working. Perhaps t2wpro could have a patch to communicate inside android runtime.
    04-25-15 05:30 PM
    did anyone with 10.3 tried to patch the notification system "a la" Android? There is a "cobalt" thing that allows to use android apps. One of the many features is:
    "Android Settings
    The Android Settings APK provides a direct access to the hidden Android settings of the Blackberry device. It also allows to edit the Google Account synchronization settings or to turn off app-notifications being sent to Blackberry hub.
    Download Android Settings"
    source: CB thread named "Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page"

This can solve the notification problem with Pebble official app. That app has the notifications greyed-out. But perhaps if one can access the system differently, via the "Android Settings", the notifications can be enabled. I don't have 10.3, can someone try this?
    04-27-15 05:55 PM
    did anyone with 10.3 tried to patch the notification system "a la" Android? There is a "cobalt" thing that allows to use android apps. One of the many features is:
    "Android Settings
    The Android Settings APK provides a direct access to the hidden Android settings of the Blackberry device. It also allows to edit the Google Account synchronization settings or to turn off app-notifications being sent to Blackberry hub.
    Download Android Settings"
    source: CB thread named "Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page"

This can solve the notification problem with Pebble official app. That app has the notifications greyed-out. But perhaps if one can access the system differently, via the "Android Settings", the notifications can be enabled. I don't have 10.3, can someone try this?
    I tried a similar thing a while back, accessing the Google Notification settings via Ghost Commander. This made the official Android version of the Pebble app work perfectly with all Android based messaging, including WhatsApp, but only the android version. This came at the expense of hub integration so you have to weigh up what is more important to you.
    04-28-15 05:05 AM
    I tried a similar thing a while back, accessing the Google Notification settings via Ghost Commander. This made the official Android version of the Pebble app work perfectly with all Android based messaging, including WhatsApp, but only the android version. This came at the expense of hub integration so you have to weigh up what is more important to you.
    so no SMS or call notifications, right? pity there isn't a software solution to link the 2 environments, the bb os and the android runtime.
    04-28-15 06:55 AM
    All of a sudden im note getting any calls notification on the pebble, emails and texts are finr but not calls?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 07:26 AM
    let's face it, pebble and other android smartwatch will never work as well as normal smartphone. We are on a different world now.
    I will wait for a official smartwatch for BB10.
    04-28-15 10:55 AM
    let's face it, pebble and other android smartwatch will work as well as normal smartphone. We are on a different world now.
    I will wait for a official smartwatch for BB10.
    Already launched.

http://www.inpulsewatch.com/inpulsewatchspecs.asp

Wait it's for BBOS

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    04-28-15 10:57 AM
    the workings of the website do not instill confidence, is this a real device or another example of vaporware ?

and wasnt there some >2K watch that was supposed to be designed for bb10 as well ( not that it was in my price range) ?

and even if the in pulse is not vaporware, the few web pages that still load dont mention anything about the ability to read BBM's just text's, emails and calls.
    Last edited by sandysan; 04-28-15 at 11:37 AM. Reason: addition
    04-28-15 11:32 AM
    so no SMS or call notifications, right? pity there isn't a software solution to link the 2 environments, the bb os and the android runtime.
    If I remember correctly, SMS came thru but no Caller ID on incoming calls.
    It's a shame BB10 is so good in so many other aspects or I'd jump ship and defect to Android just to get full functionality of my watch.
    There doesn't seem to be much on the side of reassurance or input from the dev of T2W Pro either, which is disappointing.
    04-28-15 03:09 PM
    the workings of the website do not instill confidence, is this a real device or another example of vaporware ?

and wasnt there some >2K watch that was supposed to be designed for bb10 as well ( not that it was in my price range) ?

and even if the in pulse is not vaporware, the few web pages that still load dont mention anything about the ability to read BBM's just text's, emails and calls.
    The inPulse smartwatch is the parent to the Pebble. It was one of the first, if not the first, or the current crop of smartwatches (and I know that there is some Timex or other watch that has been able to get notifications, but not read messages, since like 2006 or something, I don't consider that to be in the same class as current smartwatches).

The people, or person, who makes Pebble started with the inPulse for BlackBerry but there wasn't much of a demand for it at the time, if I remember correctly.
    04-28-15 03:15 PM
    but pebble was crowdsourced funded through kickstarter, and some of the pics I saw for the in pulse had it with a color LCD ( good bye battery life) and i looked online, there is no mention of it ever actually existing that I could find. most of the links on the web page are 404.

i've seen technology that looks great on a webpage that never goes beyond a prototype and vaporware. this looks like it qualifies.

and I'm fine with my pebble and talk to watch pro, I swapped out the rubber wristband for the amazon el cheepo metal one from china and use a face from hub2watch. Would I love to be able to read my BBM's ? sure. aside from that, I'm happy with it, especially as it was on sale before the release of pebble time.
    04-28-15 04:02 PM
    If I remember correctly, SMS came thru but no Caller ID on incoming calls.
    It's a shame BB10 is so good in so many other aspects or I'd jump ship and defect to Android just to get full functionality of my watch.
    There doesn't seem to be much on the side of reassurance or input from the dev of T2W Pro either, which is disappointing.
    I use it on an Android tablet (Nexus 7 2013) as well as my Q10

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    04-28-15 06:25 PM
    What does crowd-sourcing have to do with anything?

It may surprise some folks to know that Pebble is not Migicovsky’s first smartwatch. That honor goes to InPulse, a device he released in 2010 that initially worked with the BlackBerry smartphone. But even though it paved the way, the Vancouver-born Canadian found he still needed to make a compelling case for wrist-worn tech.
    04-29-15 12:18 PM
    All of a sudden im note getting any calls notification on the pebble, emails and texts are finr but not calls?

Posted via CB10
    Is the phone icon green or white in the T2W app? Sometimes it toggles off.

Posted via CB10
    ab190670 likes this.
    04-30-15 04:52 AM
    What does crowd-sourcing have to do with anything?

It may surprise some folks to know that Pebble is not Migicovsky’s first smartwatch. That honor goes to InPulse, a device he released in 2010 that initially worked with the BlackBerry smartphone. But even though it paved the way, the Vancouver-born Canadian found he still needed to make a compelling case for wrist-worn tech.
    he makes M$ in seconds, but can't make a version of the official app to work for BB?
    04-30-15 09:03 AM
    Is the phone icon green or white in the T2W app? Sometimes it toggles off.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you, can't believe I didn't check that

Posted via CB10
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    04-30-15 10:01 AM
    Is anyone else's "Mark as Read" function working?

I ticked the box for "Mark as Read" in my Talk2Watch Pro app. And the texts and mails do NOT get marked as read even if I read it on my watch.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a known error?

Thanks!
    04-30-15 06:12 PM
    I don't use that option, but just did a quick test and it's working here.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 06:44 PM
2,357 ... 5253545556 ...