I have noticed another interesting quirk today.

When I send an email off one of my exchange accounts, it notifies me on the Pebble. Very odd.

The exchange account in question is essentially connected to a Lotus Notes Traveler account.
    11-12-13 01:58 AM
    That has already been reported to me. I'm currently doing some tests to find out what causes the problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 02:33 AM
    Noticed a couple of things today. I actually got calendar notifications on the watch from my work ActiveSync account. Also, my battery just about died on me - down to 1%. Usually, I would be at 40-50% left at the same point in the day. This app seems to be very CPU intensive; 2nd on the list after System in the device monitor (>300 MB). Hope this info helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:55 AM
    Noticed a couple of things today. I actually got calendar notifications on the watch from my work ActiveSync account. Also, my Z10 battery just about died on me - down to 1%. Usually, I would be at 40-50% left at the same point in the day. This app seems to be very CPU intensive; 2nd on the list after System in the device monitor (>300 MB). Hope this info helps.

Posted via CB10
    Edited to add that it was the Z10 battery not the pebble.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:57 AM
    You are right with that - the reason is the constant measuring of the bluetooth signal quality. I take the mean of 10 samples per second to make a decision - the current value is very depending on time and position.

I know: not everyone needs high precise RSSI measuremets and for most people the battery lifetime is more important. For this reason I decided to decrease the measurement frequency to 1 sample/ second.

The current beta version already contains this adjustment and as my betatesters can tell you: it really improves the power consumption. Expect this for the next release.

Posted via CB10
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    11-12-13 04:15 AM
    It would be a nice option to turn off sampling all together for us that don't need it.
    11-12-13 05:07 AM
    The last quirky error, is the continuous vibrating of the phone when receiving a call. If I pick up the call, the watch keeps vibrating and when I press a button it kills the call.
    This!
    Thanks for the quick update.
    11-12-13 10:35 PM
    I noticed today that my battery life was significantly decreased as well. And to my suprise my gps is constantly on whenever i have the app opened. Explanation? why would it be using gps?
    11-12-13 11:16 PM
    The battery drain is due to the constant measurement of the bluetooth signal strength - as I already wrote it is fixed in the current beta. I'm currently doing some tests for a Foursquare integration (the authentication mechanisms are already implemented but hidden) - that is what GPS will be needed for. You don't need to assign the permission at the moment, because it is not really used.

The next update will include all those fixes and some additional features. If the power consumtion is too high for you, I can send you a beta version (send me a private message including your email address).
    11-13-13 12:44 AM
    Someone has the new leak (10.2.1) and a pebble smartwatch, who can test the pebble apk from the playstore ?
    11-13-13 06:18 AM
    Not sure if it's been covered, but I noticed that the app picks up emails after I archive them. So if I get a new email to Gmail I get an alert, but then I also get one after I read that email and archive it. Does the app scan all my synched folders? Perhaps I could have the option to only recognize the inbox as to not receive the added alert?

Love the app - working pretty good on the 10.2.1 leak.
    11-13-13 11:21 AM
    Oh and maybe some sort of Active Frame screen? Tough to look at the active frame when it just shows a smaller version of the settings. An icon or something would be lovely
    11-13-13 11:23 AM
    Thanks for your feedback. I did not know about that email issue, this is not intended. At first some bugs have to be fixed and a few new features will also be implemented. But then I will think about a little facelift (already tried some things but it did not satisfy me) and the active frame screen.
    11-13-13 12:14 PM
    Someone has the new leak (10.2.1) and a pebble smartwatch, who can test the pebble apk from the playstore ?
    It kind of works. Seems that SMS and phone calls are ok, but it can't handle email since there is no Android Gmail app installed.
    11-13-13 12:16 PM
    It kind of works. Seems that SMS and phone calls are ok, but it can't handle email since there is no Android Gmail app installed.
    So the new runtime supports bluetooth?? What about nfc??
    Edit : sorry if this is a hijack.
    11-13-13 03:20 PM
    New update available:
    - much lower power consumption
    - improvements with active sync
    - scalable rssi measurements
    - automatic time sync on app start
    - http post feature for scripts

Thanks to everyone who helped with testing and own ideas
    wikison and Akuji_ism like this.
    11-14-13 12:10 AM
    Sorry if I'm wrong but you have added mms, cool. Never noticed before but extra points for better power consumption also.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:08 AM
    I wonder if Peble Firmware Updates would be supported =))

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.0.1791 | Globe PH
    11-14-13 07:05 AM
    Not via Talk2Watch - I don't want to be the responsible guy if anything goes wrong there and you have a dead watch.
    But with 10.2.1 you can use the official Android app for firmware upgrades and watchface installation.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 07:20 AM
    App works great! Much better power usage on the update. Thanks for being so active with your app!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 09:15 PM
    For some reason pbbl works with my watch, but this app won't? I'd really like to use this one going forward and ditch pbbl. It will show connected, but when I get any sms, email, etc.. it says that it disconnected, then reconnects. Any ideas??

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:28 AM
    Sounds strange - which firmware version do you use on the watch?

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:48 AM
    I'm using firmware 1.13, most recent one?
    11-16-13 10:10 AM
    Yep, it is the last stable release and should work. Please contact me via BBM - 2FFF6B79. Maybe we can try a few things to find the error.
    11-16-13 10:15 AM
    Ok, we solved it.

To all people with a similar issue: if you use 10.2.1 and have installed the official android pebble app - be sure to disconnect the watch<->phone link if you want to use Talk2Watch. You cannot use them simultaneously.
    11-16-13 10:50 AM
2,357 12345 ...