Are we still expecting updates to T2W? I know there has been multiple requests for added app support as well as headless support.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 02:34 PM
    Download the pebble app from Snap. Use it to update your watches firmware and install any watchfaces/apps that you want. Then close down the pebble app and start up Talk2Watch to begin receiving notifications. If you have trouble getting Talk2Watch to connect to your watch than uninstall the pebble app.
    Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 03:37 PM
    Are we still expecting updates to T2W? I know there has been multiple requests for added app support as well as headless support.

Posted via CB10
    There's no headless support yet??

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 05:23 PM
    Talk2Watch Pro is not headless.
    04-17-14 05:55 PM
    I have written some notes about that topic when I released T2W Pro but I can give you some further details about why making T2W headless is more effort than any other HL app so far (at least that I know).

1) Memory usage
    You have probably heard that HL apps only allow 3 MB RAM usage to developers, if you need more the app crashes are parts of it stop working (I had this issue with receiving emails). What you probably have not heard is that BlackBerry's messaging classes (which have to be used if you want to listen for and read the content of SMS, emails, phone calls) have a problem with memory leaks. This means that as soon as the app receive an email, it will steal some KB (for emails about 400) which will never be freed again. If you are a programmer yourself you know that not freeing dynamically created objects is bad programming practice. However there is nothing I can do to fix that point, it is up to BB (read MessageService.message memory leak - BlackBerry Support Community Forums if you are interested in further information)

There are other apps which have to deal with the same problem. But in the case of T2W there is also Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, bluetooth, GPS and many other submodules which all want to get their part of the cake. I have talked with BlackBerry about this point and they have agreed to give me the doubled allowed RAM size - 6 MB. So far it seems to work fine, but I cannot guarantee that there will not be issues when the app is released - due to the memory leaks of BB's classes.

2) Invocation
    Invocation is a great mechanism for inter-app communication on BB10. However headless apps cannot invoke non headless apps. This means that you will not be able to start the music player via the music app on the watch and you will not be able to update your BBM status.

3) Performance
    As most other headless apps are just meant to send notifications this part is not important for them. I doesn't bother you if a notification is delayed one or two seconds. But T2W has an active component - take ScriptMode as an example. Currently with my HL T2W beta it takes up to two seconds to get an update on the screen - that is a long waiting time if you want to scroll through your script list.

So, I have a headless version of T2W which is under test since a few months. It works but the performance is definitely lower than the non headless version. Maybe you guys can give me some information about what of these aspects matters to you.
    dannykavs likes this.
    04-18-14 02:54 AM
    Finally got my Steel last night. So far, so good!

I personally prefer the app as it is (vs headless), especially if it means better performance. I also like that I can easily close the app when I am not wearing the watch. I suppose that if I wanted to close a headless app, I'd need to go to App Manager and close it from there. But that's a little less convenient...

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-18-14 08:05 AM
    So, I have a headless version of T2W which is under test since a few months. It works but the performance is definitely lower than the non headless version. Maybe you guys can give me some information about what of these aspects matters to you.
    Thanks for the reply, didn't know that there was so many headaches involved with making T2W headless. Script mode is a nice feature and if it's affected when headless that could be an issue. I don't mind the 2 second delay in receiving notifications.

Any word on getting other apps like Yelp! Or ESPN (if it's available) to work natively with T2W like Foursquare does?

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    04-18-14 11:20 AM
    You can get espn news, sports updates, etc. By using ifttt in sms. They will show up on your watch.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 04:04 PM
    You can get espn news, sports updates, etc. By using ifttt in sms. They will show up on your watch.

Posted via CB10
    I've used ifttt and find it to be utterly useless. Especially for real time sports updates.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 05:52 PM
    I have a Z10 and I did install the 10.3 leak. When I ran the Pebble software, I was able to pair with my watch, but I do not think the program ran further. I uninstalled it. I downloaded T2W. I completely removed Pebble SW, rebooted. Once again, I paired both devices and opened up T2W and received the error, spp_open fail errno=61. When I open up settings on W2T, and then bluetooth, the box for Pebble D716 is unchecked. When I check it, I get the message that if there are problems with the BT connection to restart both devices and repair, which I have done several times. The message at the top of the opening screen reads No Device Found. I imagine this is just a simple correction. Do you have any ideas?
    04-19-14 12:45 PM
    I have a Z10 and I did install the 10.3 leak. When I ran the Pebble software, I was able to pair with my watch, but I do not think the program ran further. I uninstalled it. I downloaded T2W. I completely removed Pebble SW, rebooted. Once again, I paired both devices and opened up T2W and received the error, spp_open fail errno=61. When I open up settings on W2T, and then bluetooth, the box for Pebble D716 is unchecked. When I check it, I get the message that if there are problems with the BT connection to restart both devices and repair, which I have done several times. The message at the top of the opening screen reads No Device Found. I imagine this is just a simple correction. Do you have any ideas?
    Here's what works for me :
    - Close T2W active frame
    - Swipe down from top on Phone's main screen
    - Turn Bluetooth OFF
    - Wait 2 second
    - Turn Bluetooth ON
    - Wait 2 second
    - Open T2W again

I don't think that the checkbox in T2W BT settings do anything at all, it used to work in Free version for some time but I think it's not working anymore.
    04-19-14 01:01 PM
    Hi

I use my Peeble more for running than anything else.

I have tried a few apps from the Peeble android app but the ones I've tried so far don't seem to track my runs properly.

Haven't tried Runkeeper and jetfit yet, they do have nice reviews.

However I would prefer a native app.

Since I have tried the free version of talktowatch and could not make it work to track my runs, I'm wondering if your app could enhance the geolocation feature so that I would actually know how many km I've done.

Thanks

P.s. There is a app on Peeble called 7 minute work out, where a set of exercises are shown on Peeble. Would you consider having something similar.

Update :

I've tried Runkeeper but it needs google services to work so I've switched to Runtastic.

I've tried it twice so far and tracks the distance.

However it does not link with Peeble. So I have to keep looking at my phone instead of my watch.
    Last edited by kraidx; 04-20-14 at 11:36 AM.
    04-20-14 10:51 AM
    I would love the option to turn on headless-support!
    I only use my watch for the notifications and weather, so these limitations wouldn't affect someone like me.
    raica7979 and anon(4318378) like this.
    04-21-14 06:46 AM
    I don't know if this is possible, but would love to have Evernote support in T2W!

I've had my Pebble Steel for about a week, and T2W is working super well. Using the Y WEATHER watch face and it has been really great. Just one bug is that sometimes it's the middle of the day, and instead of a sun, it shows a moon! Kind of funny at 12:30pm!

Posted via CB10
    byransays and onmyown like this.
    04-23-14 02:43 AM
    When I use this app I noticed that some of my watch faces don't show the weather update, but when I use the pebble app it works fine. With the talk2watch app it just has a triangle picture with the word "phone" beside it

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 01:36 PM
    When I use this app I noticed that some of my watch faces don't show the weather update, but when I use the pebble app it works fine. With the talk2watch app it just has a triangle picture with the word "phone" beside it
    There are only certain watchfaces that are supported by Talk2Watch. If you open up the application menu in Talk2Watch and select the Watchfaces option you'll see a list of the supported watchfaces.
    04-23-14 01:51 PM
    There are only certain watchfaces that are supported by Talk2Watch. If you open up the application menu in Talk2Watch and select the Watchfaces option you'll see a list of the supported watchfaces.
    I can't seem to find this option, I'm sure it's rite in front of my face but I can't seem to find it

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 03:05 PM
    I can't seem to find this option, I'm sure it's rite in front of my face but I can't seem to find it
    I guess I should first ask if you are using the pro version or not. If you aren't then I believe active watchfaces are not supported at all. If you are using the pro version than the menu can be accessed by swiping down from the top of the screen and Watchfaces is in the very centre.
    04-23-14 03:19 PM
    My favorite currently is Futura as it has time date and weather info and they are all large. Y weather isn't as pretty but has more info and if you like an analog watch face modern is you're only choice at the moment. These all only work with Talk2Watch Pro.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 07:04 PM
    I guess I should first ask if you are using the pro version or not. If you aren't then I believe active watchfaces are not supported at all. If you are using the pro version than the menu can be accessed by swiping down from the top of the screen and Watchfaces is in the very centre.
    Not using the pro version.

Aside from the watch faces, what other features would i gain?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 10:30 PM

BBM notifications, scriptmode (I'm not going to try to describe this here I'll just say it makes using scripts a lot easier), and support for the Talk2Watch API so that you can get companion apps. There's probably more but those are the ones that come to mind right now. For myself the BBM notifications (even in there somewhat limited form) and ability to view the weather on my watch make purchasing it an easy decision but not everyone is the same as me.
    04-23-14 10:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Paired with SWC, you get a lot more. The best feature for me is generating the 2nd-level authentication code right from my pebble rather than a phone app.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-24-14 08:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    GoPro support, active watchface (weather watchface), ScriptMode, automatically reconnects when BT connection is lost, BBM support, better Talk2Watch API support, etc.

The good thing here is that if those features doesn't justify the money for you, you still have access to the free version with basic features. It's really up to you!
    04-24-14 08:56 PM
    Not sure if I will use all the features, but i bought the pro version just to show support to the dev for working hard in this!

Wish bbm and whatsapp would work! Maybe one day...

So when I want to use apps I need to launch the pebble app, and if I want notifications then I need to launch talk2watch, is that correct?

Thanks to all for the help! It's very much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 12:05 AM
    Not sure if I will use all the features, but i bought the pro version just to show support to the dev for working hard in this!

Wish bbm and whatsapp would work! Maybe one day...

So when I want to use apps I need to launch the pebble app, and if I want notifications then I need to launch talk2watch, is that correct?

Thanks to all for the help! It's very much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    Kind of lol there is a few apps/active watchfaces that will work within T2W Pro. If you swipe down from the home screen of T2W Pro and select "Watchfaces" you will see which ones work. Currently, the only app I know of that works is Foursquare as well as 5 active watchfaces that provide weather and other useful info. There have been some requests for other apps to be included, such as Yelp! and ESPN (once its released) however there has been no mention of it as the app dev has been working on getting other smartwatches to work with T2W / BB10.

So in general, if you want to get several apps to work with your BB10 then yes, you need to be running the Android Pebble app but you won't receive notifications. If you want to receive notifications, you need to be running T2W/T2W Pro but you'll be limited to the apps/active watchfaces that are included.
    04-25-14 11:22 AM
2,357 ... 2122232425 ...