There's an app called OfCourse!
    Edit: You can get all these apps now via http://qtness.com/bardownload.php
    Last edited by xsacha; 12-04-14 at 07:49 AM.
    SubCamp likes this.
    10-13-14 12:08 PM
    Don't need anything but just came in to say this is awesome! Thanks xsacha
    10-13-14 12:14 PM
    How about JetPack Joyride?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:21 PM
    Angry birds Go link is not working
    10-13-14 12:28 PM
    Your app??
    In case it gets pulled!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:30 PM
    And if I have purchased Modern Combat 4 for PlayBook, will it be free on BBW for BB10?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 12:33 PM
    How about JetPack Joyride?
    Sure, why not?
    Edit: You can get all these apps now via http://qtness.com/bardownload.php

And if I have purchased Modern Combat 4 for PlayBook, will it be free on BBW for BB10?
    This depends on the vendor. For Modern Combat 4, it appears Playbook is listed separately. So, no it'd be a separate purchase.

Your app??
    In case it gets pulled!!!
    Paid app.
    The free version has more features anyway

Angry birds Go link is not working
    It says 'temporary error'. Hopefully it is
    Last edited by xsacha; 12-04-14 at 07:49 AM.
    10-13-14 12:36 PM
    It's slighly disturbing how easy it is to content inside QML files. No secret keys or something else can be left in there :/
    10-13-14 12:53 PM
    It's slighly disturbing how easy it is to content inside QML files. No secret keys or something else can be left in there :/
    It's a bit silly to put secret keys in UI files in the first place :P Let alone plain text files... let alone on the clients device.

But yes, a lot of these apps mistakenly dump their entire source code as plain text in their app, in the form of QML. I have always been able to see this. I'd be surprised if others didn't look too. Maybe a wake up call for them.

Anyway, the benefit is it is very easy to modify the app and fix it for Passport where the developer has abandoned it .
    10-13-14 12:58 PM
    It's a bit silly to put secret keys in UI files in the first place :P Let alone plain text files... let alone on the clients device.

But yes, a lot of these apps mistakenly dump their entire source code as plain text in their app, in the form of QML. I have always been able to see this. I'd be surprised if others didn't look too. Maybe a wake up call for them.

Anyway, the benefit is it is very easy to modify the app and fix it for Passport where the developer has abandoned it .
    Well if you use an API that requires key, and you fetch and display from QML you can't be bothered putting it into c++. Fortunately I've started coding all but UI in c++. Almost all :P
    10-13-14 01:02 PM
    It will have the same formatting issue as when you restored it.
    If you download via Sachesi yourself, or install the .bar I give you, it'd be the same as your restored version.

With this bar, you could definitely modify the QML files and resign it though. Do the developers job for them. If you think it's worth the effort

Maple Leafs 14.2.0.12
    I'll give it a try! I have no experience in QML but it'll be a learning experience lol

Do you have a recommended Qt editor? I read online Qt creator is free and works well.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:13 PM
    I'll give it a try! I have no experience in QML but it'll be a learning experience lol

Do you have a recommended Qt editor? I read online Qt creator is free and works well.
    Well it's actually made using Cascades and not plain Qt.
    So you'll probably want to use Momentics and the Blackberry SDK.
    https://developer.blackberry.com/native/downloads/
    To package it up, you'll also want a signing key.

Well if you use an API that requires key, and you fetch and display from QML you can't be bothered putting it into c++.
    Well here's a wake up call to all developers: there is not one operating system on the planet where I can't grab the application installable file off a device I own. So, expect the installable file to be grabbed and don't put priv keys in your app :P
    It's very easy to find WP, iOS and Android apps online. I never see Blackberry ones -- not sure why, but that doesn't mean you can stick your credit card details in there or something.
    10-13-14 01:15 PM
    Well it's actually made using Cascades and not plain Qt.
    So you'll probably want to use Momentics and the Blackberry SDK.
    https://developer.blackberry.com/native/downloads/
    To package it up, you'll also want a signing key.
    Awesome! I've messed around with Momentics when I got my z10 so I'll give it a try when I get home. Thanks a lot man!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:24 PM
    Well here's a wake up call to all developers: there is not one operating system on the planet where I can't grab the application installable file off a device I own. So, expect the installable file to be grabbed and don't put priv keys in your app :P
    It's very easy to find WP, iOS and Android apps online. I never see Blackberry ones -- not sure why, but that doesn't mean you can stick your credit card details in there or something.
    Sure, but you still need some kind of auth to get to restricted API. And even if you put it in c++ you can still get it, although not as easily. Obviously you won't put passwords or credit card information in it (definitely not a developers).

How exactly do you get it from devices?
    10-13-14 01:36 PM
    Sure, but you still need some kind of auth to get to restricted API.
    You can have the app completely transparent and not lose any security. It's all about how you interact with the server. Most Android and iOS apps seem to manage. Don't want a third-party clone app (like Whatsapp has), see Skype. It's possible of course -- if you want. Even with opensource.

Does it mean the developer can't be lazy? Sure.

Another benefit of releasing these I suppose

Any app you want?
    art ur likes this.
    10-13-14 01:47 PM
    Hey.. I yesterday downloaded Cineplex app on my Passport but the UI is pretty messed up.. I was wondering if you could fix the UI on it to work better on Passport.. Help is appreciated...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:53 PM
    You can have the app completely transparent and not lose any security. It's all about how you interact with the server. Most Android and iOS apps seem to manage. Don't want a third-party clone app (like Whatsapp has), see Skype. It's possible of course -- if you want. Even with opensource.

Does it mean the developer can't be lazy? Sure.

Another benefit of releasing these I suppose

Any app you want?
    I'm guessing BBM is difficult to view? Or are BlackBerry's apps as vulnerable as all others?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:54 PM
    I'm guessing BBM is difficult to view? Or are BlackBerry's apps as vulnerable as all others?
    I've posted it in first post. You can have a look I wouldn't call it 'vulnerable'. There's no harm to security by having a markup user interface.

Hey.. I yesterday downloaded Cineplex app on my Passport but the UI is pretty messed up.. I was wondering if you could fix the UI on it to work better on Passport.. Help is appreciated...
    I don't have a Passport but would Q10 have the same problem? That is, it's an aspect ratio problem or a size problem? Also, link to the app?
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    10-13-14 01:57 PM
    This is what it looks like on the passport. Almost like a z10... lol

Taking Requests: Any physical .bar file from BBWorld-img_20141013_150610.png

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 02:06 PM

I don't have a Passport but would Q10 have the same problem? That is, it's an aspect ratio problem or a size problem? Also, link to the app?

Taking Requests: Any physical .bar file from BBWorld-img_20141013_130646.png

This is how it look like.. here is a link from BBW..
    Http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/18386

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 02:10 PM
    Thank you!
    10-13-14 02:12 PM
    Haha! Awesome xsacha! They blocked the URL downloading I used to do but I guess you found a better way.
    10-13-14 02:26 PM
    Please give new links for beta zone and angry birds go

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 02:27 PM
    Edit: Never really changed Or I kept up with it so much it seems it hasn't.
    10-13-14 02:29 PM
    Edit: Never really changed Or I kept up with it so much it seems it hasn't.
    More likely lol. I only ever looked when someone asked me for something.
    10-13-14 02:47 PM
532 ... 23456 ...