To me, the ui is fine, I don't need anything fancy. What I would like is the return of some of the functionality that was lost from blackberry traffic. So, if anyone from BlackBerry is listening, here are some suggestions for the next update:

1. Include traffic overlay in navigation mode. This should be easy to implement - make route line green, yellow, or red depending on traffic flow. Why is the traffic overlay only shown in the "Map" view?

2. Alternate between "Time Remaining" and "Eta" in navigation mode. I like to know what time I expect to arrive, not only how many minutes are left in the trip.

3. Offer options for routes with less traffic (a la blackberry traffic)

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 08:34 PM
    Another thing I rather miss from BB Traffic is the breakdown of traffic throughout your planned trip. It was a green bar of sorts representing your total trip, where yellow and red zones (with their respective distances indicated) would indicate traffic along the way. I found that quite useful, although it's not super-important to be by any means I'd love to see it make a return.
    02-26-13 08:37 PM
    Reasonable requests.

I'm sure adding BBOS features to BB10 is important and high on the list for BlackBerry.
    02-26-13 08:44 PM
    I personally would love google maps natively with android functionality.. just my two cents... although i do love the way blackberry traffic works on my bold 9900
    02-26-13 08:49 PM
    I very much like BlackBerry maps. I was trying to find put how to get to an address with Google maps but it was giving me two different destinations at opposite ends of the same street. I put the address into BlackBerry maps and it took me to the correct address!!!
    Love the turn by turn navigation as well.
    I used to use Google maps on my 9810 but I don't think I will use it if the app makes it to BlackBerry 10. I think BlackBerry maps is great thus far and can only get better!!!

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    02-27-13 01:57 AM