Saw loads of updates in this topic
    Great work, just bought it and will use it tomorrow on my ride to work.
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

How did she fare for you?
    01-02-17 02:19 PM
    Random one, would anyone be interested in a experimental idea for the Night Mode Video layer (that black layer that shows over videos), was going going to try an automated intensity feature powered by the light sensor
    01-06-17 07:27 AM
    Random one, would anyone be interested in a experimental idea for the Night Mode Video layer (that black layer that shows over videos), was going going to try an automated intensity feature powered by the light sensor
    Sounds cool. I'm still trying to get Web streaming to work.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 07:33 AM
    Sounds cool. I'm still trying to get Web streaming to work.

Posted via CB10
    Streams basically need to be direct links to files or basic wrappers like .m3u, it's restricted a lot because BlackBerry broke the error reporting on their Media Component back when 10.3.1 was released, and never fixed it, so I have no way to tell the user what the problem is with their file/link
    01-06-17 07:40 AM

Will be able to change the colour of the Video filter in the next update as well, pre-built colors and custom available
    01-06-17 05:35 PM
    Sounds great!

Posted via CB10
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    01-10-17 12:15 PM
    Version 1.32.0.28 became available. Thanks again Paul, one of the best purchases I ever made on BB10.

Via Pasta CB10
    01-11-17 06:23 AM
    Version 1.32.0.28 became available. Thanks again Paul, one of the best purchases I ever made on BB10.

Via Pasta CB10
    No problem
    01-14-17 10:13 AM
    Hi Paul, I'm experiencing one strange issue with SP. I'm unable to see the "visual" part of some videos using your player, which I was able to view before. It works/doesn't work quiet randomly, audio works great as before anyway. And if it would be possible, what about adding alphabet order possibility to Clean video picker? Thank you for any kind of feedback

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 05:35 PM
    Hi Paul, I'm experiencing one strange issue with SP. I'm unable to see the "visual" part of some videos using your player, which I was able to view before. It works/doesn't work quiet randomly, audio works great as before anyway. And if it would be possible, what about adding alphabet order possibility to Clean video picker? Thank you for any kind of feedback

Posted via CB10
    Hi,

Can you please enable the apps debugging, by pulling down from the top- Help - hold the Application permissions option until you get a popup, then after restarting the App the next time it happens email me the log it produces to contact at allstarsoftware.co.uk

Regarding the picker, I'll see what I can do, always had a bit of trouble with the organisation from the database

Thanks
    01-15-17 03:03 AM
    Thanks. I've contacted you via Facebook

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 09:09 AM
    Thanks. I've contacted you via Facebook

Posted via CB10
    Cheers Martin
    01-16-17 05:18 PM
    1.32.29 was released this morning
    tollfeeder and brookie229 like this.
    05-10-17 02:20 PM
    Thanks for another update Paul, really appreciated. Did you ever consider implementing YouTube functionality btw? Not sure, what's possible with BB10's stack, but just being able to copy/paste and play a url or even download it would be nice though, wouldn't it ? Oh, and I had some minor trouble, after my WiFi failed during recordings and connection switched to mobile data, but I guess that's BB10's fault for not seamlessly reconnecting.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-10-17 02:58 PM
    Thanks for another update Paul, really appreciated. Did you ever consider implementing YouTube functionality btw? Not sure, what's possible with BB10's stack, but just being able to copy/paste and play a url or even download it would be nice though, wouldn't it ? Oh, and I had some minor trouble, after my WiFi failed during recordings and connection switched to mobile data, but I guess that's BB10's fault for not seamlessly reconnecting.

Via Pasta CB10
    More than welcome

It would be lovely, but that's an API kind of thing which I'm not going to dive into for an old App like this, I'll look into a sort of Web Wrapper thingy like another App did before it was shut down.

I guess when your WiFi failed it just killed the recording? It would have fired an error code (well, should have lol), technically it's not BB10's fault since I use the Qt NetworkAccessManager and it resorts to firing an error code and letting the app handle it, I'll see if I can implement something while my Z30 is working ( keep having to autoload it, the settings app just stops opening for no apparent reason)

I would need some sort of testing from yourself or another though, my sim will no longer fit in my Z30 (Micro vs nano)
    Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 04:08 PM
    I was thinking more of a basic gui hook for youtube-dl. There is an app for Sailfish OS that does this. Sure, it's Qt5 and if you think a web wrapper would make more sense I'll appreciate it anyway.
    Yep, recording stopped in the middle and there was an error message, but I didn't care to debug or log at sunday 8 am, sorry. While I never had this problem, it seems to be a nasty bug with the settings app for a lot of people.
    I'd sure do some testing, got a Z30 with broken screen (but still working fine) and a Q10 here. Just out of interest - which device did you switch to ?

Via Pasta CB10
    05-11-17 04:50 AM
    I was thinking more of a basic gui hook for youtube-dl. There is an app for Sailfish OS that does this. Sure, it's Qt5 and if you think a web wrapper would make more sense I'll appreciate it anyway.
    Yep, recording stopped in the middle and there was an error message, but I didn't care to debug or log at sunday 8 am, sorry. While I never had this problem, it seems to be a nasty bug with the settings app for a lot of people.
    I'd sure do some testing, got a Z30 with broken screen (but still working fine) and a Q10 here. Just out of interest - which device did you switch to ?

Via Pasta CB10
    What's the name of this App? I don't have a Sailfish running device atm so I'm a little out of the whole Jolla scene.

Ill have to try handle the connection failure error, hopefully it's not still a utter pain.

I'm currently on a Nexus 6p (used a 5 before that but had the 6p for a year now)
    05-11-17 08:36 AM
    What's the name of this App? I don't have a Sailfish running device atm so I'm a little out of the whole Jolla scene.

Ill have to try handle the connection failure error, hopefully it's not still a utter pain.

I'm currently on a Nexus 6p (used a 5 before that but had the 6p for a year now)
    It's this one, source is on GitHub as well https://openrepos.net/content/llelec...s-video-player . Thanks for trying so hard. And Nexus devices are always a great choice for Android.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-11-17 08:51 AM
    Oh, I looked at the log file and Star Player crashed with this error message when connection is switched from WiFi to mobile data and vice versa:

2017.05.11 17:41:13[W] : QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once. 2017.05.11 17:41:13[D] : Error: 99

How can I disable logging/debugging again?

Via Pasta CB10
    05-11-17 10:49 AM
    Oh, I looked at the log file and Star Player crashed with this error message when connection is switched from WiFi to mobile data and vice versa:

2017.05.11 17:41:13[W] : QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once. 2017.05.11 17:41:13[D] : Error: 99

How can I disable logging/debugging again?

Via Pasta CB10
    Bugger, the error slot is playing up again :sigh:

Toggling the logging by long pressing Application Permissions option at the bottom of the help section. (Note it deletes the file)
    tollfeeder likes this.
    05-11-17 02:42 PM
    It's this one, source is on GitHub as well https://openrepos.net/content/llelec...s-video-player . Thanks for trying so hard. And Nexus devices are always a great choice for Android.

Via Pasta CB10
    Ta very much

I'm actually planning to get another device, the One Plus 5 may be my next, the dark theme is attractive, bright ones kill me
    05-11-17 02:44 PM
    Thanks, that's a rather nifty way of toggling this. "Ta" - had to look that up, always learning something new about the English language ^^. And agreed, too few amoled devices nowadays.

Via Pasta CB10
    05-11-17 03:35 PM
    Thanks, that's a rather nifty way of toggling this. "Ta" - had to look that up, always learning something new about the English language ^^. And agreed, too few amoled devices nowadays.

Via Pasta CB10

Well, I love AMOLED displays but Android doesn't have a dark theme for the entire UI, just skins for Apps and that's a devs choice, you can imagine the light my 5.7 inch AMOLED panel gives off with a white theme.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 04:10 PM
    On a lighter note, I do love some App users, plenty of colours to choose from #bitBloodyAnnoying
    Star Player By Allstar Software-img_20170511_211347.png

Oh and it has a dimmer.

Sh*t like this is why I stopped development
    Posted via CB10
    05-11-17 04:15 PM
    Yet another reason why I don't want to switch to Android (yet).
    Yeah...developers and users - too often it's not the happily married couple I'm hoping for sadly. I'm really sorry, you and others have to deal with frack like this. I stopped reading these kind of reviews, too many bad things happening on the internet nowadays, but then again, that's easy for me to say. Keep your head up anyway!

Via Pasta CB10
    05-12-17 04:28 AM
415 ... 45678 ...