I'm sure there is no native app for BB10. Has anyone tried Square android port with the square device on their z10 for credit card transactions? Thanks.
    03-13-13 02:20 PM
    I was pondering this very question when I searched the app store then crackberry for a square app around noon today. The agency (treatment center) I work for has square and my boss has android and our intern has iphone. They are both using it and I was like well, I could possibly port it to my playbook, but I guess that doesn't work.

I told my boss that the new Z10 is dropping from verizon any minute now (wasn't aware of the preorder until like 3 hrs ago). I may preorder and give it a shot, if it doesn't work I may have to jump. I love my BB devices because I don't play games the only thing I do is email, and sync my calendars back and forth, I also use powerpoint and word on the go. I'm not sure if i'll even enjoy the Z10 because I need a physical keyboard, I'm not into the touchscreen although I did like my Storm. Minus the formatting I put together an outline of a group topic and such from my BB while waiting at the dmv for an hour and 20 minutes. From there it was simple to get the file on dropbox, via my phone and when I got to a computer and put some finishing touches on it then print and was ready to go.

Could I have done that somehow, someway on android, probably. Doesn't mean I'd want to and I'd never ever try an apple device.
    03-13-13 10:25 PM
    03-13-13 10:26 PM
    that is awesome. where do we get this?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    03-13-13 11:48 PM
    Here's the only version I have. I haven't tested this under the latest OS so use at your own risk. https://www.box.com/s/gyttpaiijw35mdtsgyob

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 12:21 AM
    I was able to load the app on my Z10 (STL100-4, 10.1.0.1483), but it's not recognizing the card. When I swipe the card, the voice command screen comes up. Has anyone else gotten this to work?
    05-21-13 09:43 AM
    Any new info on this? Running leaked OS 10.1.0.2342 STL-100-4
    Need to be able to at least type in the CC info, swiping would be great but not a breaker.
    06-13-13 08:07 AM
    Any new info on this? Running leaked OS 10.1.0.2342 STL-100-4
    Need to be able to at least type in the CC info, swiping would be great but not a breaker.
    Check this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=795238

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 12:01 PM
    I would prefer PayPal here. It's more secure and widely available.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 04:10 PM
    First, sorry for my bad English. I needed to install the updated Square Register app because my Blackberry Hub kept reminding me that there was a new version. I searched on internet and found the solution. On Google Play, I searched Square Register and I clicked on the Square icon in the results area.

I have copied web site address and paste on this site: APK Downloader. I generated a link to download the application.

I use an other web site ton convert APK to BAR. So, I uploaded the APK file on GoodEReader and downloaded the converted app.

Then I put my BBZ10 on developper mode and I made a sideload with the Google Chrome extension called BB10/Playbook App Manager.

I tested ... and Voil� !!! All works... (for now...)

I hope it could help someone
    11-02-13 09:08 PM
    Can I ask does the swipe reader work on 10.2? Do you know if this works for Canada or is it just a US regional app?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 07:28 PM
    I have 10.2 OS and 3.2.2 Square Register version. I live in (Quebec) Canada and everything works with the swipe reader. Once the app sideloaded, I had to turn the phone off and on again with the card reader inserted ... Then after everything worked with the application.

EDIT: I forgot to say, I sideloaded lastest Android Runtime.
    11-14-13 10:23 AM
    I sideloaded the bar file or the Android version of the Square Register ap on my Blackberry Playbook tonight, following all the directions in the tutorial, and it would show the sign in screen, but after I signed in, it would tell me the app quit for an unexpected reason. Any help anyone could provide would be most welcome.
    10-09-14 07:28 PM
    I sideloaded the bar file or the Android version of the Square Register ap on my Blackberry Playbook tonight, following all the directions in the tutorial, and it would show the sign in screen, but after I signed in, it would tell me the app quit for an unexpected reason. Any help anyone could provide would be most welcome.
    Wrong section, make a new thread instead of bumping an old thread

Z10 - 10.3 - STL 100-1
    10-10-14 06:25 AM