I know, there's no BB10 app for it right now. But what's the status on getting it in the future? While not having Spotify won't stop me from buying my Z10 in a couple of weeks, it's still my most-used app and I may have to adjust to life without it.

My beloved 9700 gave up the ghost a few months ago, but when I went to get another BB the store practically shoved a Galaxy SII in my hand instead, for pennies. Although I'm kinda meh on the overall Droid experience, the biggest positive is that the same Spotify app that ran terribly (when it ran at all, which was rare) on my 9700 runs like a dream on the SII.

Is there a good Spotify port at least, if I wanted to hot-wire it in? If not, is there a comparable app I can use instead?

(Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2 - but not for long!). ..
    Pandastrong likes this.
    03-08-13 07:54 AM
    again grain of salt.. but I thnk N4BB is pretty good..

Exclusive: Spotify Coming To BlackBerry 10! - N4BB
    03-08-13 08:53 AM

Thanks for the heads up - I'll keep an eye out!...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    03-08-13 10:00 AM
    Hi, I am new to the 'side loading' approach to apps, but have managed to load a few!! Works well.

However, when it come to spotify, I'm stuck.

Does anyone know what is happening with the official Spotify App??

Is it coming...ever??
    05-05-13 02:56 AM

When is it coming?
    05-05-13 02:58 AM
    No one knows. Some says it's in the works other have said that they got a response from Spotify saying they have no plans for a BB app at the moment. We'll just have to wait and see.

One thing is for sure. Spotify gives crap about its customers. Worst company ever when it comes to customer relations.
    05-05-13 12:20 PM
    Didn't someone make a launcher for the Web app? Can't seem to find it, now

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 06:57 AM
    I have saved a bookmark to the Spotify web player. It works but it's not really smooth to use.
    05-08-13 07:07 AM
    Here's a link to a thread on spotify.
    http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spot.../165414/page/7

If you want spotify post there.
    Sent from my Galaxy 4
    05-08-13 07:13 AM
    Spotify would easily be my most used app if it came to BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 11:55 AM
    Deezer is just like Spotify it takes some getting used to but it's great

Posted via CB10
    robkd likes this.
    05-09-13 04:16 PM

I wouldn't take too much notice of this post. With all due respect to N4BB, they said months ago that the app was pretty much waiting for BlackBerry approval, and it's still yet to arrive. I'm also one of the many who contacted Spotify and were told that they had no plans to support BlackBerry 10 yet.

In the meantime, I recommend switching to Deezer if you can get it where you are. The experience isn't quite as good, but it's certainly not bad, and it's the closest you'll get to Spotify right now. Alternatively, search the forums for the Rdio Web app. This gives you Rdio as another alternative, but it is slower than a proper app, and there are some flaws.

The Spotify apps for Android don't function on BlackBerry 10, so it's not even possible to side load one, unfortunately. I'm in the same boat as you -- I love Spotify and I use it several times a day.

Posted via CB10
    Pandastrong likes this.
    05-09-13 05:03 PM
    check n4bb's twitter. A couple weeks ago he reiterated that he saw the Spotify app at a BBJam session (or whatever they are called) being shown off by a spotify rep
    05-09-13 09:40 PM
    My personal opinion:
    I think it will eventually come to BB10. Spotify has made it to every other platform in some fashion. They just suck at customer relations, developing apps, etc.
    (Another point: why would N4BB make that up? what does he have to gain? 1000 extra hits on his site for that story? He hasn't misreported anything else of this magnitude to my knowledge.)
    05-09-13 09:46 PM
    10.1 would be the answer to most of these threads.
    If you don't see the major apps you ve been expecting coming within 2-3 weeks after 10.1 is officially released then you may lose most if not all hope for them.

Seems 10.1 contains alterations that a lot of these app developers including first and foremost Skype ( which Btw has been ready since day 1) have deemed vital and have requested BlackBerry to push to the devices before they release the apps... so sadly it is BlackBerry's fault to en extent this time around...

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 12:41 PM