Hey guys, I'm an avid runner, and since moving from the iPhone to the Z10 I've been using Sports Tracker. It's actually quite better than the Nike+ GPS app I was using on my iPhone, the only issue is it's a BETA and there are still some things that need to be worked out and added.

As such I created a BB10 feedback thread on the support forums if any of you are using the app and have some feedback to give. The developers check the support forums regularly and I've had some questions answered already. They are planning to release the full version soon, but they are waiting for BB10.1 to be available before they update the app.

Anyway if you guys use the app and want to give some feedback the link is here: https://getsatisfaction.com/sportstr..._beta_feedback

cheers,
    sf49ers likes this.
    03-30-13 03:21 PM
    hey thanks! I downloaded the app last week but haven't used it yet. I use Garmin watches for running but did want to give this app a go. will need to try it out soon. Glad there is this option on the Z10!
    Brandon Orr and goodcoffy like this.
    03-30-13 04:30 PM
    I wish I could use Sports Tracker... But 99% of the time I use it - it crashed and just exits with no explanations or any signs of trouble

Have also emailed support - 3 times now - but never gotten any response...

Would be great if whatever is broken can be fixed so that I can use the app..
    This is one reason I have not abandoned endomondo just yet. I've read reviews that the app crashes frequently and that is a huge deal breaker. I don't want to track a run, only to have the app crash and losing data.

Right now I'm using endomondo on my Nexus 4 when I need to. And it seems runtastic is planning an app for BB10 too.

Once either of the 2 have a reliable app, I would move away from endomondo.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 05:37 PM
    Same experience as Lindstrom with crashes every time out. Support suggested delete and reinstall. Failed. Now waiting for a better release. This is an app I would like to love but cannot use enough so far to evaluate. The UI is terrific. The info offered is great. Now for function.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    03-30-13 06:34 PM
    Someone wanna post this for me... my mobile device is angry with that site...

If there were a 'export .gpx' feature available, like the Symbian version of the software, I would have a Z10 in my hands right now. I know that the website has the option but (aside from the fact I could never get it to work) it would be a hassle to have to use the website to create the gpx file.
    03-30-13 08:35 PM
    This is one reason I have not abandoned endomondo just yet. I've read reviews that the app crashes frequently and that is a huge deal breaker. I don't want to track a run, only to have the app crash and losing data.

Right now I'm using endomondo on my Nexus 4 when I need to. And it seems runtastic is planning an app for BB10 too.

Once either of the 2 have a reliable app, I would move away from endomondo.

Posted via CB10
    Same experience as Lindstrom with crashes every time out. Support suggested delete and reinstall. Failed. Now waiting for a better release. This is an app I would like to love but cannot use enough so far to evaluate. The UI is terrific. The info offered is great. Now for function.
    wow I haven't run into any of the issues you guys are experiencing. I was even able to migrate all my NIKE+ gps info into Sports tracker. And it always syncs when I use it. It's very stable for me. Every now and then though the GPS signal seems to be a bit off, but not enough to totally throw off the distance and pace.

Hope your issues are fixed in the coming updates! I'm using a Z10 on Telus network. Maybe it's an issue with your network or something?
    Last edited by Brandon Orr; 03-30-13 at 09:46 PM.
    03-30-13 09:35 PM
    Someone wanna post this for me... my mobile device is angry with that site...

If there were a 'export .gpx' feature available, like the Symbian version of the software, I would have a Z10 in my hands right now. I know that the website has the option but (aside from the fact I could never get it to work) it would be a hassle to have to use the website to create the gpx file.
    Yes you can definitely export all your runs through ".gpx" in fact I imported all my previous NIKE runs using ".gpx" import. and it lets you export them from the sportstracker site. I've used it. Currently it doesn't allow you to export the ".gpx" info from the mobile application. You have to use the website.
    03-30-13 09:37 PM
    I wish I could use Sports Tracker... But 99% of the time I use it - it crashed and just exits with no explanations or any signs of trouble

Have also emailed support - 3 times now - but never gotten any response...

Would be great if whatever is broken can be fixed so that I can use the app..
    If you post a question on the support forums and tag it properly under Blackberry they should respond to you within a few days. Atleast that's been my experience with them. I haven't attempted to email them.
    03-30-13 09:44 PM
    I just used the application today for a mountain bike ride. When I noticed that I hit 80mph I began to wonder if something went wrong. Long story short, the application just stopped taking samples which created huge discrepancies in my path. So the data I got from the sports tracker application is garbage, and unusable to track my times.
    04-02-13 04:47 AM
    Does this app support heart rate monitors? If not do you know of any? Specifically I have the hxm brand.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 06:45 AM
    Does this app support heart rate monitors? If not do you know of any? Specifically I have the hxm brand.

Posted via CB10
    Their iOS and Android offerings do, and they even sell their own BT heart rate monitors. But there currently isn't any support for them on the BB10 version because it's only a beta. When the full version comes, they've mentioned that it will support their low energy heart monitor.

Here's the link to their store for more info on their heart rate monitors: http://shop.sports-tracker.com/heart-rate-monitors.html
    04-02-13 12:51 PM
    If you read my post previously, I did not try out Sports Tracker since there has been a lot of report of instability. Today, I had a bit of time, so I decided to give Sports Tracker a go. I can say that I probably will not be using it again until an update is out, despite my opinion that it has a nice UI.

I did a 30 min jog, and then a 10 min walk to test. It did not crash during both activity, which is a good sign. But then when I got home and checked out the data, I realised it dropped signal multiple times during both activity. You can see the attached image. You will see parts where it doesn't follow the path and just goes in a straight line until it picks up a signal again. Then in the data, it reports a pace of ~3min/km for a few lap, and that is definitely not accurate. I was jogging a really leisure pace. I definitely did not run at 20.15km/h also.

Sports Tracker feedback thread-screen-shot-2013-04-09-12.38.44-am.jpg

I am a little OCD, so frankly this is unacceptable for me. But, since there is no other app like runtastic or endomondo to cross reference at the moment, I really don't know whether it is the app that has problem, or the phone itself that is unable to maintain a stable GPS signal. I tend to doubt the latter as it has been pretty reliable when I use turn-by-turn navigation with my Z10. So...

Hoping for an update soon, or perhaps, runtastic to release their app.
    04-08-13 11:54 AM
    If you read my post previously, I did not try out Sports Tracker since there has been a lot of report of instability. Today, I had a bit of time, so I decided to give Sports Tracker a go. I can say that I probably will not be using it again until an update is out, despite my opinion that it has a nice UI.

I did a 30 min jog, and then a 10 min walk to test. It did not crash during both activity, which is a good sign. But then when I got home and checked out the data, I realised it dropped signal multiple times during both activity. You can see the attached image. You will see parts where it doesn't follow the path and just goes in a straight line until it picks up a signal again. Then in the data, it reports a pace of ~3min/km for a few lap, and that is definitely not accurate. I was jogging a really leisure pace. I definitely did not run at 20.15km/h also.

I am a little OCD, so frankly this is unacceptable for me. But, since there is no other app like runtastic or endomondo to cross reference at the moment, I really don't know whether it is the app that has problem, or the phone itself that is unable to maintain a stable GPS signal. I tend to doubt the latter as it has been pretty reliable when I use turn-by-turn navigation with my Z10. So...

Hoping for an update soon, or perhaps, runtastic to release their app.
    This is true, i've noticed that it drops my GPS signal once in a while witch affects my pace a little. Not earth shattering, but definitely an annoyance. To be honest I feel like the issue may actually lie with the OS as I've been experiencing a bunch of interference between my blue tooth, wifi and GPS antennas. If I go for a run and I leave the wifi on my blue tooth can hardly make it through a song without skipping or dropping. This is drastically improved when the wifi is turned off. I've also noticed similar issues between the three antennas in general, more so it seems like the wifi is mucking it up for everything else. I will do my next run without wifi on and I'll let you know how it goes.

On my previous phone the wifi never interfered with the BT or GPS.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 04:27 PM
    I like it if it would work, but it keeps crashing... hopefully this issue can be fixed. for now I'm back using my old 9700 with miCoach for my runs...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 04:42 PM
    This is true, i've noticed that it drops my GPS signal once in a while witch affects my pace a little. Not earth shattering, but definitely an annoyance. To be honest I feel like the issue may actually lie with the OS as I've been experiencing a bunch of interference between my blue tooth, wifi and GPS antennas. If I go for a run and I leave the wifi on my blue tooth can hardly make it through a song without skipping or dropping. This is drastically improved when the wifi is turned off. I've also noticed similar issues between the three antennas in general, more so it seems like the wifi is mucking it up for everything else. I will do my next run without wifi on and I'll let you know how it goes.

On my previous phone the wifi never interfered with the BT or GPS.

Posted via CB10
    Its not earth shattering without a doubt, in that run that I tested the app, i was lucky that it dropped signal in a straight line, thus it did not affect the overall distance much. But the routes that I normally go for has a bunch of sharp turns, so if it happened to drop at the wrong time, it would affect it drastically.

Also when I was tracking, wifi and bluetooth was both off. Also its in an area with good coverage. So I doubt there's much interference. Well, I will give it a try again and see how it goes.
    04-09-13 12:03 AM
    This crashed the first time I used it but has been fine since. I did have the auto pause function on so don't know if this was the cause.
    04-09-13 06:08 AM
    This crashed the first time I used it but has been fine since. I did have the auto pause function on so don't know if this was the cause.
    Actually now that I think about it I've been using the auto pause every run. I should test running without that feature on and see if it improves things.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 11:03 AM
    The test I did above was with auto pause off. The did not crash in the 40 minutes that I used it, but it did drop GPS signal.
    04-09-13 11:10 AM
    does it support HRM's?
    04-18-13 04:25 AM
    I have the Polar WearLink+ Bluetooth HRM. I'm googling if it is compatible with the Sports Tracker Application. I came across some information that may be of help.

Polar Wearlink Bluetooth

Polar WearLink�+ Transmitter with Bluetooth� is compatible with Sports Tracker (www.sports-tracker.com)

The site says nothing of the HRM being compatible with the Z10 but it didn't say anything about it being compatible with my Bold 9650 or my Torch 9850 and they both worked just fine (via the Endomondo app). So I'm guessing that bc of the Bluetooth technology of the Z10, it will work. I will test this theory tonight and report back.
    04-18-13 05:53 AM
    Update:
    After installing the latest AT&T BBOS 10.0.10.116 - the app has not crashed for me. It used to crash all the time with previous OS...

But still the drop-out of signals in between etc...

I have tried to email support several times - but they don't seem to read any email, - would gladly pay for an app that worked and had someone supporting it - but with all this silence.. not so sure..
    04-18-13 06:38 AM
    I've run with it for over a dozen runs and have never had an issue. I've randomly spot checked both my distance (using Walk/Jog/run) and cross calculated my average pace - each time it was spot on.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 03:34 PM
    New update for Sportstracker which they claim solves the stability issues. Try it out!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 09:40 AM
    Mine don't anymore since the update. I only get the splashscreen. Is it only working on 10.1?
    Edit: works now, after unainstalling it

In the old version I found, that the gps won't drop if I keep the screen on (I use 5min and the Z10 in a bikemount, so it's only a swipe every 4 Minutes or so)
    Without this it gave me ~0.8km less on a 8km trip!
    Last edited by michote; 05-04-13 at 10:11 AM.
    05-04-13 10:00 AM
    Mine don't anymore since the update. I only get the splashscreen. Is it only working on 10.1?
    Edit: works now, after unainstalling it

In the old version I found, that the gps won't drop if I keep the screen on (I use 5min and the Z10 in a bikemount, so it's only a swipe every 4 Minutes or so)
    Without this it gave me ~0.8km less on a 8km trip!
    The previous version worked without hiccups if I kept the screen locked. But if I swiped up to check, sometimes it would stop tracking me

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 10:53 AM
59 123