I'm looking for an app that would let me input a distance in meters between two points, then give me a stopwatch with start and stop buttons. It would convert the time for the distance into a speed, and record that speed in a log.

Does anything like that exist?
    Thanks.
    05-06-13 08:46 PM
    I'm looking for an app that would let me input a distance in meters between two points, then give me a stopwatch with start and stop buttons. It would convert the time for the distance into a speed, and record that speed in a log.

Does anything like that exist?
    Thanks.
    try GPSpeed ,,, i use it on my 9850,,, dunno if it's "10" ready but it's a solid app,,, speed/hi/lo, trip time, elevation/hi/lo, mph/kph, m/ft, does just about everything, i use the free version...
    BlackBerry World - GPSpeedOMeter FREE
    05-06-13 09:11 PM
    No, it's not "10" ready. Besides, I'm looking for something that can be used with the phone stationary, to measure the speed of moving objects between two points of a known distance apart.
    05-06-13 10:07 PM
    Forgive me if this sounds like an ******* type post, but isn't that like grade 6 math? If you know the distance, and the time it takes, then the average speed is pretty simple to figure out.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 10:13 PM
    yeah, but he wants an app for that... ,,, seriously tho,,, would the calculator work???
    05-07-13 01:48 PM
    Until an app has been designed or created or ported from Android (if such an app exists) just create an excel sheet with the formula over 3 cells (one for distance, one for time and the final to display the calculated speed) and use the stop watch in the clock app.

Here's the formula for you even lol

using cells A1 (distance){variable} A2 (time){variable} and A3 (speed){calculated}
    in cell A3 type this: =A1/A2
    then all you have to do is enter the distance and times into A1 and A3 and it will calculate the speed for you in A3, based on hours. The formula would have to be adjust depending on what time frame you're using.
    If time is in minutes: =A1/A2*60
    If time is in seconds: =A1/A2*3600
    Also, distance should be entered based on kilometer. So if your distance is 100m, it should be entered as .1
    Last edited by tfp; 05-07-13 at 02:07 PM.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-07-13 01:54 PM
    yeah, but he wants an app for that... ,,, seriously tho,,, would the calculator work???
    Yes, the calculator would work. If you know the time it takes for an object to travel between two points a known distance apart, you can calculate the speed.

Until an app has been designed or created or ported from Android (if such an app exists) just create an excel sheet with the formula over 3 cells (one for distance, one for time and the final to display the calculated speed) and use the stop watch in the clock app.

Here's the formula for you even lol

using cells A1 (distance){variable} A2 (time){variable} and A3 (speed){calculated}
    in cell A3 type this: =A1/A2
    then all you have to do is enter the distance and times into A1 and A3 and it will calculate the speed for you in A3, based on hours. The formula would have to be adjust depending on what time frame you're using.
    If time is in minutes: =A1/A2*60
    If time is in seconds: =A1/A2*3600
    Also, distance should be entered based on kilometer. So if your distance is 100m, it should be entered as .1
    Thanks for that!

The nice thing about an app is that it would calculate the speed automatically as soon as the "stop" button is pressed and could even keep a log of the recorded speeds.

Think VASCAR
    05-07-13 03:46 PM
    Yes, the calculator would work. If you know the time it takes for an object to travel between two points a known distance apart, you can calculate the speed.

Thanks for that!

The nice thing about an app is that it would calculate the speed automatically as soon as the "stop" button is pressed and could even keep a log of the recorded speeds.

Think VASCAR
    Have you tried requesting this app to a developer? I know there used to be a sub forum in CB where you could request a certain style theme, not sure if there is a similar sub forum for app requests

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 07:17 PM