I think it would be a good idea if someone heads over to Wazapp | Because Meego and Maemo are great platforms!, greps the source and compiles the Opensource Whatsapp client for the Nokia N9 (written in Qt) for BB OS 10. Since Qt is quite portable, porting of wazapp to OS 10 shouldn't be to much an effort and it would be amazing to have this client ready on OS 10 launch!!
    What do you think?
    01-22-13 12:54 AM
    i would like integration with the hub, peek featu7res and active frames... id be happy with whatever version of whatsapp we recieved, native or not, as long as it had these features
    01-22-13 06:06 AM
    I'd be happy to receive at least a Whatsapp-Release at all, be it native or not.
    However, I'm currently using wazapp on my N9 and it works great, and does smoothly integrate into the Nokia MeeGo GUI.
    Given the fact that the Qt mobility toolkit should be somewhat standardized I would presume that once integration is implemented it would integrate into either GUI, depending on the target.
    At least this is the case when building for Symbian and MeeGo - identical Source implements fine to each GUI but looks completely different on each system...
    After all, I'd prefer the Open Source Wazapp to a native implementation, because the Open Source version brings some additional features and could also be disabled, while the genuine version usually autostarts and keeps running in the background....
    01-22-13 08:35 AM