When you place your blackberry brand in the market, as a brand to get things done, as a brand that does not make toys but phones, phones who really helping you running your business. You should ask yourself: did we saw that social media 'hype' coming? And: how did we respond? And: Did it worked out well?

Me, a social media freakshow i admid, working in the marketing business, for the most kind of different clients, as a community manager, as a PR advisor and as a e commerce person can say: NO!

When you are running your own business it is not only handling proper emails anymore. You have to show your face online, on every single moment. You have to respond fast, you have to stay connected to all your relations with in all the social media channels out there.

This facebook app for example, come on!! you better use the mobile website instead. If i want to respond i can't even tag someone. This twitterclient. the options are even worse. And the blackberry 10 instagram client, well. it does not excist. Igrann or inst10 are okay. But, is it really that hard?
    der_mit likes this.
    03-05-15 05:22 PM
    I have the same problem. Recently been promoted to handle many of my companies marketing efforts. Including managing our social media presence. I find the social media apps for BB10 just hugely inadequate. Also, the need for a working Facebook Pages app would really help me out a lot when I am on the go

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 12:12 AM
    BlackBerry phones are only advisable for writing SMS messages with the physical keyboard like we used to do in 2006.
    For social media usage you should buy yourself an iPhone or Android of current generation.
    Magnetox likes this.
    03-06-15 06:47 AM
    BlackBerry phones are only advisable for writing SMS messages with the physical keyboard like we used to do in 2006.
    For social media usage you should buy yourself an iPhone or Android of current generation.
    Its a sad statement thou, for many of us social media has become a part of doing business. I don't really even use social media for personal reasons. With the hub Blackberry 10 has the features to be a social media power house it just isnt
    03-06-15 09:31 AM
    BlackBerry OS 10 could be so much more, but it isnt and it wont be in the near future.
    It would be enough if BlackBerry would concentrate in developing a decent Facebook and Twitter app, people would not complain about the other social media apps out there.
    But the major two should work...
    03-06-15 09:47 AM
    Have you guys tried quickpost?

Z30 (10.3.1)
    Plummerdc88 and pat-wallace like this.
    03-06-15 10:11 AM
    I haven't yet but i was just taking a look at it. It seems like a good app i think i will buy it. But I am also looking for something to better manage Pages
    03-06-15 10:15 AM
    BlackBerry is the worst phone for a marketer sadly. iOS is probably the best to stay in touch with all social media.

Once android apps become headless and integrate with the OS more and the HUB can handle 10 different headless (non HUB integrated) apps at once a bit better then it will be better than an android itself in that category.

HUB fix in the "Notification Tab" (aka normal headless non HUB integrated): better sort options, get rid of the bell and replace it with app icon, quick full app launch from Messages, allow HTML5 support much like hub integrated apps can.

Snowball (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...woop.app&hl=en) is a rip off of the HUB but it's actually doing it right.
    Last edited by khehl; 03-06-15 at 12:18 PM.
    03-06-15 12:04 PM
    I haven't yet but i was just taking a look at it. It seems like a good app i think i will buy it. But I am also looking for something to better manage Pages
    Have you guys tried quickpost?

Z30 (10.3.1)
    it's exactly like polarbear message but worse except for bbm
    03-06-15 12:06 PM
    BlackBerry is the worst phone for a marketer sadly. iOS is probably the best to stay in touch with all social media.

Once android apps become headless and integrate with the OS more and the HUB can handle 10 different headless (non HUB integrated) apps at once a bit better then it will be better than an android itself in that category.

HUB fix in the "Notification Tab" (aka normal headless non HUB integrated): better sort options, get rid of the bell and replace it with app icon, quick full app launch from Messages, allow HTML5 support much like hub integrated apps can.

Snowball (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...woop.app&hl=en) is a rip off of the HUB but it's actually doing it right.
    I agree completely with everything you've said here. The thing that scares be is that, I need these features now. I am thinking I may need to pick up a second device either android or ios....which to me is disappointing

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 12:02 AM
    Just use ios or android. I can't imagine that you took a picture with blackberry and share them with ios or android hone, or your receive email with picture attachment, and must post it on sosmed with ios/android phone. It's frustating

Sabbe Satta Bhavantu Sukitatta - Posted via CB
    03-08-15 05:03 PM
    I think you might be right, as much as i love my Z30.... it may be time to make a switch
    03-08-15 05:29 PM
    I think you might be right, as much as i love my Z30.... it may be time to make a switch
    Use what makes u easier. I use q10 just for work, since my work has so many daily email. For my sosmed, I use ios.

But remember, bbm in ios and android is buggy

Sabbe Satta Bhavantu Sukitatta - Posted via CB
    03-08-15 11:05 PM
    Yeah BBM on Android and iOS doesn't match the experience of BB10. Neither does the email. I'm in the same position, I see a ridiculous amount of emails daily. But I also really need the social media now

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    03-08-15 11:08 PM
    Bbm on android is 100x better than ios

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:16 PM
    BBM certainly feels more at home on android then ios that's for sure

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:18 PM