When BBM goes cross-platform it will render Skype obsolete.
    If you believe this, you'll believe anything.
    BigAl_BB9900 and Residing like this.
    05-27-13 03:13 AM
    skype works well for me too. I had one issue calling a computer in particular, but it was an old windows computer with poor performance. Calling my wife's Lenovo from France to Canada was very good quality, no lags, or very few.
    05-27-13 03:53 AM
    So far Skype has been a total hit and miss for me. Crawls like a snail, exits when you expect it the least of all, becomes unresponsive as if I've abused it utterly. Honestly, this is the bitchiest app on my Z10.

And, sheesh, sometimes I think that making OS 10 being able to run Android apps was the worst decision BBRY could make. Ever. It gave developers that legit reason to be lazy. Why create a native app when I can just port my Android version? Simple as that. But in the end users suffer and the whole OS10 experience doesn't seem so flawless, when we run all those Android ports. Just my IMHO.
    05-27-13 04:48 AM
    lol, I don't see how that works. Just don't use the app if it's that bad and you're back to the "better" scenario of not having the app.

To be honest, when I first installed the app, I thought the same thing. But once you get used to it and be a little patient. It works.

Posted via CB10
    Typical response and an apologist. Get used to what - how crappy it is? Why even release it if the experience is not up to par with that from other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 04:50 AM
    Skype runs flawlessly for me smooth and crisp.Suggest you delete and download again.
    05-27-13 05:46 AM
    If you believe this, you'll believe anything.
    Poster has a legitimate point, however your comment is either naive or offensive.
    05-27-13 05:50 AM
    It's worse having an app that doesn't function properly than no app at all...

Posted via CB10
    There is nothing wrong with this app it works just fine. Just do not expect that every call to be perfect. There are other variables that determine call quality beyond Skype control.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-27-13 06:02 AM
    BlackBerry 10.2 O/S should help with the Android Ports with the Android run time update.

Posted via CB10 via BlackBerry Z10 (Telus)
    05-27-13 06:11 AM
    i've been using skype on weekdays for 5-6 hrs a day (due to the work purposes) mostly on standby but as far as i know, yeah it's a bit laggy at times but i can chat, i can send files, i can make & receive skype calls. yeah it's a preview app, yeah it's an android port, yeah it's a bit jittery still, then what? accept the fact that BB10 runs android in emulator and until 10.2 comes we are still on the gingerbread which has no hardware accelerated app capability whatsoever.

but i have a belief that the real skype app (the official one i meant, *still android i believe8*) will eventually turn up once the 10.2 has arrived. by that time the skype experience will be smoother and flowing as the runtime is updated to the JB 4.2.2!
    05-27-13 06:12 AM
    I was wondering too...where is ooVoo?? I feel ooVoo is a much superior video chat application and you can also do multi-person chat.
    I have ooVoo on my other devices so I am waiting on some kind of update on where ooVoo is.
    05-27-13 06:26 AM
    It's skype preview... not the native version, android port.
    most idriod ports/sideloads are trash,,, just steer clear of 'em if it ain't native...
    05-27-13 06:57 AM
    It's worse having an app that doesn't function properly than no app at all...

Posted via CB10
    Then we should have all STFU and let the devs work on the app properly. Why do you think their calling this a preview?!

Because it's just that, an unpolished version. The Q10 version I had sideloaded worked great.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    brout likes this.
    05-27-13 07:08 AM
    Skype runs flawlessly for me smooth and crisp.Suggest you delete and download again.
    Lol I seriously seriously doubt this unless you are from the future.. the current android port is a Laggy disaster at best.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 07:24 AM
    If you are going to tell a fib at least make it a good one.. it's a disaster app. It will work the same for everyone Laggy and unresponsive.

Posted via CB10
    Alright, if this is going to be the kind of responses we can expect then this thread is going to become pointless, even more so then it already is!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    05-27-13 07:28 AM
    I'm going to record how dysfunctional Skype is on my device and post it on YouTube for you to see. I can't believe something runs like this in 2013, there is no excuse for it.

Posted via CB10
    Have you paid money for it? In that case you could probably ask to get refunded whatever cost you have had. But if you really bother to complain about an application you got for free ......
    05-27-13 07:58 AM
    What this poster said. Skype really sucks.
    If it is that bad - stop using it! Problem solved!
    05-27-13 08:01 AM
    People moaned and bitched about no Skype on Z10.

Skype arrived.

People moaning and complaining regardless.

Amazing.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    Some folks want the app and to have it work correctly.

Nothing wrong with that.

Tim

Posted using a Z10
    05-27-13 08:05 AM
    If it is that bad - stop using it! Problem solved!
    How do you know they didnt???

Tim

Posted using a Z10
    05-27-13 08:05 AM
    I have absolutely no issues with Skype.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-27-13 08:09 AM
    I used it a couple times and it worked fine. I used the messaging and the video chat and no problems. I have used Skype on the pc and I had tons of problems. Extremely laggy and just poor performance, and this was on a well spec'd pc with good Internet connection. I think Skype just sucks in general. Any problems you may be having is not specific to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    05-27-13 08:11 AM
    I've used it a couple times and I have to say, it's not much worse then the version of skype that came preinstalled on my windows 8 laptop, I get the same kind of response lag most of the time on that

Posted via Sega Genesis
    05-27-13 08:18 AM
    Works for me!
    05-27-13 08:24 AM
    Mine works perfectly. Dunno what you lot are going on about. Remember people, it is the PREVIEW version, so bugs are to be expected and please keep complaining to them on their fb page so as to get the issues resolved for the full final version.
    05-27-13 08:29 AM
    What are you guys talking about?

Skype-d with my friend at different state, just fine.

Skype-d with my sister at different country, just fine.

Very good, in fact. I don't experience lag nor unresponsive-ness.

10.1.0.1720, STL 100-1.

Posted via CrackBerry 10
    05-27-13 08:39 AM
    I would like to know where you guys downloaded this "perfect" versin of Skype from. Mine takes a good 15 seconds to even get going (nice white spinning circle).

Posted from my ZED10
    05-27-13 09:13 AM
134 12345 ...