When will the PlayBook get BlackBerry10 ? Only joking, it looks great and glad it is upon us.

Thanks for sharing OP
    04-24-13 04:58 AM
    You sort of have the 10.1. The 10.1.0.XXXX is a leaked OS with some bugs still in place. When the official release comes out, I am sure the version on the phone will be updated.

As an aside, I have had no battery issues with sideloaded apps on the leaked platform
    I understand that. I'm not sideloading because many users who have battery issues mentioned that they had side loaded apps and it made sense to me that the Android player could stay open when you close these apps making your battery drain. I mentioned 10.1 to tell that having it, i can look for apps that are available for it, like Skype when it comes out. It's assuming that I'll be able to see it with my leak versions were else the current 10.0 users won't

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:35 AM
    If all the popular apps are gonna be ports, isn't bb10 going to be permanently living in android's shadow? Get rid of the dam android player already.
    It's better than nothing really, you might take in account that a native version is down the pipe if th� BB10 platform does well enough, and this Android port (which runs well btw) is to satisfy the needs of those who need it now.
    Thanh Phan likes this.
    04-24-13 05:40 AM
    Skype launched on iOS - CB members probably moaned
    Skype launched on Android - CB members moaned
    Skype launched on Windows Phone - Again, CB members moaned
    Skype ANNOUNCED AND CONFIRMED - BBRY take an L for not having it out on launch
    Skype to be an Android port - Who wants an Android port? Eurgh, BB10 is living under Android's shadows.
    Skype MAY come as a native app later on the year - It came too late, f*** Skype and anyone that love 'em.

Some of you people will never be happy. EVEN WHEN it comes as a native app, you people will still be salty.
    bungaboy, diegonei, bitek and 1 others like this.
    04-24-13 05:52 AM
    If all the popular apps are gonna be ports, isn't bb10 going to be permanently living in android's shadow? Get rid of the dam android player already.
    Average person has no clue what I android player. App is an app

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    cman5 likes this.
    04-24-13 05:54 AM
    yayyyyy!!!!!!!!
    04-24-13 06:17 AM
    It does not matter if this is how it got on blackberry. It matters that it works imo.
    +1
    04-24-13 09:01 AM
    None of the available bar files work on the leaked OS. However, with Skype almost here, no harm in waiting another couple of weeks.
    Ty that pretty much summed up exactly what I was saying...

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    04-24-13 09:33 AM
    So it's officially coming, and soon, cool.

Still, I'm a little underwhelmed with the way Blackberry is going about it. It seems launching the Q10 with Skype is the priority, while the Z10 users will be able to get it (after an update to 10.1) a few weeks later. I mean, doesn't it seem a bit odd to place the emphasis on a device that isn't even available yet, when you already have a massive group of Z10 owners that were the first adopters of BB10 and in some cases have been patiently waiting for 2+ months?

Not too bothered personally, if it takes a few extra weeks its not going to kill me, it's just the reasoning behind it that I find a little "iffy".
    Last edited by dj_matty_s; 04-24-13 at 10:12 AM.
    04-24-13 09:55 AM
    Does this means all the skype post will stop, oh no what will fill the new post area of the forum Maybe useful stuff lol
    04-24-13 10:00 AM
    wa-wa-waiting...
    04-24-13 10:01 AM
    Awesome bring us more android ports.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:14 AM
    How about the BB10 integration?
    - Can I dial from the addressbook?
    - Am I callable all time or do I need to fire up Skype first?
    - What abou the other Voice apps like Viber, how do they integrate?
    - Is there any SIP/XMPP clients offering voice&video as well and are tightly integrated?

The reason for asking this is that I can do all this above with my old Nokia N9 and I don't want to make a switch back to stoneage where I have to start an application to be able to make and receive calls. (This is no ad for the N9, I'm seriously interested in BB10 but these things are crucial for me!)
    Some of the answers your looking for may be answered in this review Skype for BlackBerry 10 Review (Loads of Screenshots) - BerryReview

Things sound "alright" with the app but my impression from BerryReviews is that it not exactly perfect because its an Android port. I suspect that you won't see Skype threads disappear anytime soon. It's just that they will now turn to complaints about what's not working right lol
    04-24-13 11:29 AM
    SKYPE to be available.-img_00000734.png
    What I see from my Z10!! Can't wait to be able to download it!!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-24-13 12:55 PM
    Does anyone know if Skype for the Q10 on Verizon will be able to make video calls over the 4GLTE network or will it only work when connected to WiFi?
    04-24-13 01:12 PM
    Does anyone know if Skype for the Q10 on Verizon will be able to make video calls over the 4GLTE network or will it only work when connected to WiFi?
    In appworld it says may cause data charges so they recommend using wifi or unlimited data plans so im guessing yes it will work over network

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and gjcavana like this.
    04-24-13 01:15 PM
    If they took all this time to give us an android port... it better be a pretty dam good port...

Posted via CB10
    SirJes likes this.
    04-24-13 02:05 PM
    So someone got the extracted bar working on the z10 with the 10.1 leak,he says he might not be allowed to release it tho :/ hope someone else does
    04-24-13 02:25 PM
    Does this means all the skype post will stop, oh no what will fill the new post area of the forum Maybe useful stuff lol
    Did you forget Instagram, NetFlix and all the other stuff people cry about? This will be going on forever... And keep in mind something just might get trendy any minute now and become the next must have app...
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-27-13 at 01:52 PM.
    04-26-13 12:33 AM
    When will Skype get an update probably.
    04-26-13 05:44 AM
45 12