Bought this yesterday and used it for a cross country route. Worked great.
    Skibuddy-img_00000474.png

Built for BlackBerry. Simple and straight forward to use. A few more functions would be nice. Hopefully the dev will come in here and discuss.

907Outdoors - Your Alaska Outdoors Connection!
    Last edited by Tim-ANC; 12-01-13 at 07:56 PM.
    bluetroll likes this.
    12-01-13 07:44 PM
    Nice! Can't wait to use it for my next skiing trip.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    12-01-13 07:48 PM
    Hi,

as one of the developers of SkiBuddy I am surprised to see our app here. We're working on a few new features (heart rate monitoring, trick detection...), but we're always open to suggestions! Or if you have questions, just shoot.
    Just Me, BadGoliath42 and Tim-ANC like this.
    12-02-13 04:05 AM
    Does it indicate total vertical feet skied in a day?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 07:29 AM
    It currently tracks everything per trip. There is no overall summary or summary per day yet. However you are not the first to request this features, so maybe this will find it's way into SkiBuddy in the near future.
    12-02-13 07:50 AM
    What map system does it use?

www.907outdoors.com
    12-02-13 08:54 AM
    I like the app a lot. I do all types of skiing, xcountry, back country, slack country, down hill and even a bit of Heli. This app would be out of this world if you could figure a way to track some of these different ways of ascending.

I like know the following for the day. A running total for the season would be amazing as well.

Total decent
    Total accent (human powered, boot pack and skinning)
    Total accent (on lifts/non human powered)

Great work!

Need some pow.
    12-03-13 01:20 AM
    the maps are based on the BlackBerry10 native 'Maps'... As the app is collecting only GPS data, it used 'Maps' to show them
    12-03-13 03:56 AM
    the maps are based on the BlackBerry10 native 'Maps'... As the app is collecting only GPS data, it used 'Maps' to show them
    Hmm, I want to believe that. But when I compare the Skibuddy map to the same on BlackBerry maps it looks different.

www.907outdoors.com
    12-04-13 12:56 AM
    For now it actually uses the Google Maps tiles. We will move to native Maps once we can achieve the same functionality.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    12-04-13 06:01 AM
    Used it again tonight. Great app. The trails I was on weave in and around each other with confusing intersections. Comparing the track afterwards to my paper map really helps me orient.

I bet this will be great on 4 wheeler treks. The dev might consider marketing the app as a ATV tracker as well.

A nice feature would be able to mark a point of interest along your track.

www.907outdoors.com
    12-04-13 11:34 PM
    I tried the app works great showing the speed and trails that i did but only one problem maybe its me,it showed that i did 75 run's lol qestion is dose it matter if you start the app at the base of the mountain or at the top?
    12-09-13 12:03 PM
    Hi blix,

we are improving our run detection algorithm. It shouldn't matter if you start at the top or the bottom, but our algorithm is a bit too sensitive in this version. An update is coming!
    12-10-13 01:34 AM
    Hi blix,

we are improving our run detection algorithm. It shouldn't matter if you start at the top or the bottom, but our algorithm is a bit too sensitive in this version. An update is coming!
    I noticed in cross country mode, it counts every direction change as a run even if it's a leg of a few feet. Probably with down hill it logs movement to and from the lift as a run. Perhaps setting a higher minimum distance criteria for a run would help.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 09:38 AM
    The POW has arrived, 50cm of freshie. May be taking a snow day tomorrow. Will get a chance to test out SkiBuddy on the local mountain.

Need some POW.
    12-12-13 02:04 PM
    Used it today. My phone shut it self down half way through the trip. Doubtful the app caused this but posting to ask if anyone had a shut down while using it?

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 09:39 PM
    Used it today. My phone shut it self down half way through the trip. Doubtful the app caused this but posting to ask if anyone had a shut down while using it?

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 does not like the cold. In freezing temperature, you need to keep it close to you body or it will just shutdown before the battery is drained.

Need some POW.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    12-15-13 08:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am sorry to hear that, but due to the security system of BB10 it is impossible that SkiBuddy caused this. However the cold may have been the reason of your shutdown.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    12-15-13 02:08 PM
    It probably was the temp. Was around 15F during the ski. I had the Z10 in my shell pocket. When I got back in the pickup it took awhile for the phone to fire up again. I guess it needed to thaw.

Good news is the app saved the log to the point of shut down.

I'll put it in a pocket closer to my body next time. Disappointed the device is not more hardy.

www.907outdoors.com
    12-15-13 11:24 PM
    It's not the phone, it the thiness of the battery. The large surface area allows the heat to escape rapidly. A nice feature for those in hotter climates and everyone who wants to rapid charge their phone. Unfortunately using the phone below -10C has its limitations.

Went for a little classic ski. Did 2 laps, Skibuddy told me I did 81 runs. Might need a little adjusting. The main priority for me remains the downhill readout. I run both Endomondo and SkiBuddy, Endo track my fitness through the year whilr SkiBuddy will tells me all my fun stats, max speed and airtime.

Need some POW.
    12-16-13 12:16 PM
    Hi,

as one of the developers of SkiBuddy I am surprised to see our app here. We're working on a few new features (heart rate monitoring, trick detection...), but we're always open to suggestions! Or if you have questions, just shoot.
    Your reviews on BBW are terrible. You need to hurry up and address the run count and vertical tracking and forget HR monitor and trick detection for now. It's a stable app which launches faster than Endomondo, but the bad reviews are fair. Right now this app does not deliver the information skiers want.

Need some POW.
    12-24-13 11:01 AM
    Your reviews on BBW are terrible. You need to hurry up and address the run count and vertical tracking and forget HR monitor and trick detection for now. It's a stable app which launches faster than Endomondo, but the bad reviews are fair. Right now this app does not deliver the information skiers want.

Need some POW.
    I think they heard you. Update to fix run count bug in BBW now.

www.907outdoors.com
    12-27-13 09:02 AM
    I hope the run count for downhill is improved after the update. Shows 62 on my cross country leg today.

(yes, short slow trip, but I'm skiing with an 8 year old.)

Skibuddy-img_00000534.png

www.907outdoors.com
    12-28-13 10:53 PM
    Balls deep.
    Skibuddy-img_00001353.png

Need some POW.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    12-30-13 01:38 AM
    Nice pic. Where was it?

www.907outdoors.com
    12-30-13 08:57 AM
44 12