Like so many before me, I am trying to use SiriusXM on the Q10 and the apps wont work.
    Initially the browser could not stream it either but I since found that flash was disabled and after enabling it, the stream works perfectly!

The problem I am having is that it appears that the stream goes dead as soon as the Auto Screen Lock feature kicks in.
    The moment I wake the Q10 back up, the stream immediately comes back to life- so it seems that Auto Screen Lock stops website streams.

Right now I have the setting set to the 5min max and have to keep retapping within 5minutes to keep the thing going.
    Is there a better way? Do others that stream this way face the same problem?

Help
    08-01-13 11:35 AM
    Yes I have seen this issue too. Hopefully XM will provide us with a BB10 App. It's up in the air right now. We have heard conflicting reports.
    08-01-13 03:37 PM
    I wonder if there is a "keep alive" option for the web browser
    Some apps can keep the connection alive and the browser is an app but I just cant find any such setting. That would essentially solve this SiriusXM no_app_issue for now....
    08-01-13 04:03 PM
    Sirius is not going to build an app for BB10. (search for the forums it's been discussed by someone who works for the radio company).

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 05:18 PM
    I searched this site and the web in general for 3 days before posting and I want to figure this out because I agree that an app will probably never come out.

So after further testing, it is not the Auto Screen Lock feature that kills the connection from the website.
    If the screen is active the stream is alive 100% of the time.
    If the screen Auto Locks, then the stream stays alive for 60 seconds after the screen goes dark.

This was easy to reproduce, I set the Auto Screen Lock to 10 seconds, started the stream and then timed how long it took for the signal to cut off.

So what could be doing it? It might still be the Auto Screen Lock and it just so happens that the steps it does includes a 60 second timer between shutting down the screen and killing a web stream or it could be something else that is killing the connection.

Also if it is a matter of inactivity, I guess a solution would be to start SOME app that keeps the phone alive and then start the stream. Almost like launching a Netflix movie and then starting the stream. Of course this would not work because the whole point is to listen to the stream and not watch a movie. I wonder if there is some app out there that can be started and wait for user input keeping the phone alive until it gets it- then you can minimize the app and start the stream= Siriusxm work around solved.

Any suggestions of what to do? Now the issue has nothing to do with "sirusxm" but rather how to allow the phone to stream via the web browser automatically until you stop it.
    08-01-13 07:40 PM
    further testing:
    So I download Chess-wise and a chess game quietly kept the phone alive but only when the game was the primary screen. No problem, I started a stream with the web browser and flipped back. All looked good, the screen never even turned off but the web stream still cut out after a couple of minutes. Flipping back to the browser, it came back alive- So it looks like it is something coded directly with the web browser.

So now I guess the next test would be to look for a browser to side load and see if it solves the issue- or if it and chess-wise solves the issue
    08-01-13 07:59 PM
    Anyone figure out the browser solution for siriusxm streaming? I can get it playing but eventually it stops after a period of time only to be restarted by activating the browser.
    09-17-13 08:17 PM
    I haven't had XM streaming since they dropped the free service. [I am a radio subscriber.] However XM can stream to the Logitech squeezebox, so we know it can stream without flash. Not running flash is half the battle since you want something that is light on resources. The Logitech interface is open source, so presumably some clever person could write an app to make the phone look like a squeezebox. [Not me, mind you, but some clever person!]

This isn't as crazy as it sounds since there is a squeezebox emulator program called softsqueeze.
    Softsqueeze 3.9b2

Now if BB10 only ran java.....

So there is no apk to bar version of the Android app?
    09-18-13 12:22 AM
    Even better, I found a linux headless app that emulates the squeezebox.
    https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/

The code is C. I compiled it myself in only 5 tries. ;-) (Lots of library dependencies to set to get it to compile, which is to be expected.)
    09-18-13 12:47 AM