Is it a legal copy of Vista?
    HAHAHA Anyone still running Vista is running a legal copy!
    03-13-13 07:45 AM
    Nothing is secure these days everyone's getting hacked by China

Posted via CB10
    dosto likes this.
    03-13-13 08:29 AM
    I am using box on my z10. I have the 50GB account and about 22GB of mp3's through the sync on my PC. I added a 64GB sd card to the Z10, and want to sync my box account to the sd card so I can add music to my phone or PC and it will sync. The box application mentions pictures and videos for sync, but not music (they could be intentional since they are business oriented). I can't seem to find how to move box and dropbox files to the sd card, and then download/sync all the files.
    Is this currently possible? Anyone doing that here?

Thanks!
    03-15-13 01:54 PM
    I am using box on my z10. I have the 50GB account and about 22GB of mp3's through the sync on my PC. I added a 64GB sd card to the Z10, and want to sync my box account to the sd card so I can add music to my phone or PC and it will sync. The box application mentions pictures and videos for sync, but not music (they could be intentional since they are business oriented). I can't seem to find how to move box and dropbox files to the sd card, and then download/sync all the files.
    Is this currently possible? Anyone doing that here?

Thanks!
    If you open up file manager go to your box and press and hold a file the menu will come up. Hit select more and pick the files you want to move. Then select move files, navigate to your sd card and hit move in the menu above. As far as I know it doesn't auto sync into your phones storage. Moving a lot of files at once could be time consuming..

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 07:46 PM
    If you open up file manager go to your box and press and hold a file the menu will come up. Hit select more and pick the files you want to move. Then select move files, navigate to your sd card and hit move in the menu above. As far as I know it doesn't auto sync into your phones storage. Moving a lot of files at once could be time consuming..

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the response. But I'm trying to make Box and Dropbox put its files on the sd card all the time and stay synced. It looks like the Box and Dropbox folders in the filemanager are more like virtually mounted drives to the online files stored on Box/Dropbox's servers. This looks like its by design. I might have to contact Box support to ask.

Thanks!
    03-15-13 08:21 PM
    Does anyone know if there are other cloud storage providers besides box and Dropbox that will sync from your computer/web to your phone?

I just have so much stuff that I want to store, and seeing as I only have the 5G and 2G for Box and Dropbox respectively, id like some more cloud storage that will be easily accessible on my phone.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:43 PM
    Does anyone know if there are other cloud storage providers besides box and Dropbox that will sync from your computer/web to your phone?
    There are tons of them. Even more if you don't expect everything to be free.

(Edit: I should clarify: "sync to the phone" is another matter since BB10 has limited app support right now. But if you just want the ability to access other cloud file storage services instead of constantly "sync" files, there are some apps for Z10 that can access other cloud file storage services. IE "PlayCloud" and "Files and Folders".)
    03-15-13 09:58 PM
    I use both, but primarily Dropbox. Box does seem to be a bit more geared towards biz/enterprise, while Dropbox is a bit more geared towards personal/consumer, although Dropbox has recently started offering a more biz friendly option with more administrative control options. Either are goods options; probably just comes down to personal preference.
    03-15-13 10:06 PM
    Dropbox integration in BlackBerry 10 was done by BlackBerry using the Dropbox APIs, right? So until Dropbox makes a proper application we won't see the automatic camera uploads thing?

It's totally redundant on iOS since it has photo stream already. I'd like to have the pictures I take automatically sync to Dropbox and added to iPhoto from there. Boom, photo stream on BlackBerry 10.
    03-16-13 01:28 AM
    Dropbox integration in BlackBerry 10 was done by BlackBerry using the Dropbox APIs, right? So until Dropbox makes a proper application we won't see the automatic camera uploads thing?

It's totally redundant on iOS since it has photo stream already. I'd like to have the pictures I take automatically sync to Dropbox and added to iPhoto from there. Boom, photo stream on BlackBerry 10.

I don't see why Dropbox has to write an app to do that. If they have a public API, anyone could write the app, including Blackberry.

The guy that developed PlayCloud has intimated that he is working on true syncing functionality in the future for his app. But even without "true sync", I don't see what would be so difficult about automatically uploading pics to either Box or Dropbox or any other such service. Not rocket science. If you encounter a filename collision, you just increment the filename until it is unique and upload it. Since I don't think there's any need to sync back to the BB10 device from what amounts to an "upload folder", I'm not sure that feature is even necessary.

The main issue would be triggering the upload from the camera app. Or you could just write an app that monitors the default camera save folder and just upload anything new that appears there. To me, that seems like a very simple app to make, actually.

Honestly I think it would be more important to monitor the monthly data transfer volume, so people don't unwittingly go over their data caps and get dinged with an unexpectedly big bill at the end of the month.
    03-16-13 01:40 AM
    How can you share link of the files on Drop box cloud from the BlackBerry Z10?

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    03-16-13 06:25 AM
    How can you share link of the files on Drop box cloud from the BlackBerry Z10?

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    With PlayCloud 10

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-751557/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...access-767624/

Nicolas
    03-16-13 06:41 AM
    Guys, don't forget Copy. It is the new Dropbox now. I use both currently, but Copy offers you more space for free than Dropbox. Both are good and both come with the desktop client to sync your files to their cloud servers.

Check it out and use this link to sign up for Copy to get 20GB free instead of the regular 15GB.

https://copy.com?r=DFygGq
    08-18-13 12:53 PM
    I use both Dropbox and Box. Whichever has the most free space at the time I use.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:09 PM
    Guys, don't forget Copy. It is the new Dropbox now. I use both currently, but Copy offers you more space for free than Dropbox. Both are good and both come with the desktop client to sync your files to their cloud servers.

Check it out and use this link to sign up for Copy to get 20GB free instead of the regular 15GB.

https://copy.com?r=DFygGq
    I don't see BlackBerry listed on their site of supported Devices/OSes.
    10-01-13 11:00 AM
40 12