It is confirmed. Do click the link that I posted with, don't make an assumption only by looked at the picture, it just half of the story. Haha
    I would you post a picture of something that doesn't prove what you claimed in the title? It's like writing a paper claiming that the earth is flat, then writing an argument about the floor in your house being flat.

/rant.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 04:32 PM
    Sound Hound just simply doesn't
    recognize as many songs as Shazam.
    Period.
    I have used both and Sound Hound is embarrasing compared to Shazam.
    I think it's getting better, but my wife, son, ( both IPHONE users) and I always have races, or competitions to see who gets the song faster, and most of the time SH doesn't even get it.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    08-06-13 04:39 PM
    It sideloads okay now? The last time I tried, it opened and operated great, but every time you asked it to ID a song it said that another app had control of the microphone and stopped working. It was kind of like being given a new Corvette with no fuel pump.

SoundHound kind of broke my heart. Looks beautiful, but it doesn't work as well as Shazam and it sends me to Amazon if I want to buy a song (useless outside the US).
    @Thunderbuck
    I had the "another app has control of the microphone.... " problem with Shazam until I started using the Xsacha debug token method of converting Android apps. Now I use Shazam and Soundhound side by side. Once in a while, a song that is not recognized by one of them, is detected by the other.
    08-06-13 04:47 PM
    Sideloading works fine.

Shazam 3.14.0

Oh and I hate Daft Punk. It just so happened it was the only thing playing at the time.
    08-06-13 04:51 PM
    I like shazam because I like electronic music and shazam has a deal with beatport so now I know what those dirty techno tracks are called. So I Def wanna see shazam

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:05 PM
    Have you tried SoundHound its amazing and has so many cool features.
    still no where close to shazam in music recognition I have soundhound and sideloaded Shazam. Funny thing is: shazam seems to be much smoother and a better quality app..
    08-06-13 05:09 PM
    How can Blackberry's app head keep his job after posting this developer as one of the big apps "coming to Bb10" at the launch. ......wtf

That marty guy is useless.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 05:23 PM
    Shazam says they will make a decision within a few weeks. Well, it's been over a month since that was posted (originally posted June 5).

App vendors are not smart to take a "wait and see" approach. Most people go looking for an app right when they buy their new phone; they don't keep looking for it every day! And after a while, they would have already found something else (such as SoundHound).
    08-06-13 05:34 PM
    One thing I'd note is that the post the OP mentions is from June 5, so several "coming weeks" have already passed.

I've just tweeted their support, so maybe they'll be able to clarify.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    08-06-13 05:35 PM
    Soundhound seems quite awful to me.
    Whenever I need it it gives me network connection errors and from forums I can see this happens to a lot of people not on Wifi even with decent connections.
    I have to resort to asking nearby Android toting friends to use Shazam which is quite amazing on Android.
    Really wish I could have Shazam on BB10.
    08-06-13 06:03 PM
    Shazam is a lot better than SoundHound. Whilst the latter is native and readily available on BlackBerry World, the sideloaded Shazam works fine and finds a lot more songs than SH. A native Shazam app would be beast
    08-06-13 06:11 PM
    Shazam too late. Sound Hound rocks!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 10:26 PM
    Soundhound is sometimes choppy. I've had cases where it crashes and gives me a network connection error.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 07:37 AM
38 12