Hi All,

I emailed Shazam a couple of days ago to find out if or when they'd release an app for BB10 devices. Here's their response:

"Hi there,Thank you for contacting the Shazam Customer Services Team.
    We are constantly evaluating new platforms for Shazam andBlackberry 10 is one of the platforms we are still evaluating. The BBexperience has not been as good as other platforms and we want to ensure allversions we release are of the same great standard we are proud of.
    For now, our service is currently unavailable for your devicebut all details of devices we do cover is on our website, www.shazam.com, or on the Stores orMarketplaces you would purchase our application from.
    Our apologies for any and all inconvenience caused but keep aneye out for future releases.
    Kind Regards,
    Lee Coxon
    Customer Services

t: +44 (0) 845 052 8100
    w: www.shazam.com

I do hope they ultimately decide to release a BB10 app, but I don't think the response was entirely appropriate. It sounds like typical BlackBerry bashing to me. When they say that "the BB experience has not been as good as other platforms", I'm not exactly sure what they mean. I've used Shazam on my 9930 and on my 9950 before that. In both cases, it did exactly what it did on other platforms. I couldn't really tell the difference between my experience and the experience of an Android or iOS user. As a BB user, I was completely happy with the experience.

If they're referring to the experience that their internal developers may have had in building the app, that's another story entirely. But I really don't care much about that since i paid my $5 bucks to upgrade to the premium version of the app. In the end, Shazam should evaluate user demand for the app, and I'm sue it's there for the still quite large BB population.

Making apps easy for developers is still important, but I do believe BB10 addresses those issues. I don't understand why Shazam would put out a statement slamming the old BB platform while they're currently evaluating the new platform (especially when communicating to a BB user! Clearly I've decided to go w/BB!). I would have been perfectly happy to know that Shazam is still evaluating the new BB10 platform to ensure that they'd be able to make an app for it that meets the high standard that Shazam is proud of.

Okay...I'm off of my soap box now.

Keith
    Hallsballs0 likes this.
    05-10-13 01:35 PM
    I got the same response a month ago. I guess there's nothing more to do but wait.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 01:54 PM
    Keep getting more people to email them! The more feedback they get, the more they'll take developing for BB10 seriously.

Check my thread below for contact info for many others. Please go through the list and fire an email off to the ones you're interested in.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/
    newhybridkilla likes this.
    05-10-13 03:37 PM
    Isn't Sound Hound coming? I've heard that it's better than Shazam. I liked Shazam on my older devices, but if Sound Hound is better, I won't miss Shazam

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 03:41 PM
    Shazam sucks compared to Sound Hound. I really hope Sound Hound comes to the Z10. Always gets the songs right, sometimes I wonder what exactly Shazam is thinking.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 05:02 PM
    Well of course their experience on BlackBerry has been bad.. they've been charging $5 for their app with only 5 free song tags per month otherwise on bbos!!!
    LOL very smart bunch of people. When will they realize no one pays $5 for an app which is completely free on other platforms. More like a Shazam fail to me. Pathetic.

By the way, when they said performance on BlackBerry it probably meant performance of app purchases and its rate of success. There was nothing wrong with the app per se. They just have a ridiculous business model IMO on BlackBerry and clearly they have confirmed in the email that their model did not work, which it shouldn't have because again, IMO, it was conning users. There's just not a lot of demand for a $5 Shazam app, clearly. The market has spoken.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:05 PM
    Double post
    05-10-13 08:08 PM
    I think Shazam had been taking BlackBerry user for fools. They knew we were app hungry so the took advantage of than. OK, I can understand that to a certain point since smaller platform = less exposure for the app. So it has to be compensated somewhere. But bashing BlackBerry and saying stuff like using BlackBerry is not a good experience?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:29 PM
    Shazam can take a hike. I'm going to download Soundhound when it comes out, and tell people not to bother with Shazam because "The Shazam experience has not been very good"
    05-10-13 08:48 PM
    I agree. I've used Shazam for year. However, Soundhound is the only app developer that has committed to bbos 10 development. not only will I pay for this app, I will tell my BB firends, ios friends and Android friends to switch. I manager corporate Twitter and Facebook feeds for my companh (14,000+ emloyees) qnd I will use thw power of the "bully pulpit" to sway as many as I can. It's pure hogwash of how Shazam is reacting. Soundhound is the way to go.
    eninrebmun and thebanker like this.
    05-10-13 09:30 PM