I sent an e-mail to Starbucks recently because I was curious to see if they are making an application for BlackBerry 10 any time soon. This is the response I got:

"Let me start off by thanking you for your patience while waiting for a response.

We have continued to look at the Blackberry platform and listen to our customer?s needs. As we grow and evolve our mobile applications, we seek to develop on the platforms where we see the greatest opportunity. At this time we will not support the Blackberry platform but will continue to evaluate it as the landscape evolves.

Your feedback regarding this decision is much appreciated. Rest assured, your questions and concerns have been documented andpassed along to the appropriate teams.

Thanks again for writing us.If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

We would love to hear your feedback. Click here to take a short survey.

Sincerely,

Vince D
    customer service"

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun and Elite1 like this.
    06-27-13 11:44 AM
    Post the email addy so we can all join in.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 11:47 AM
    I emailed them at <[email protected]> and got basically the same response, but from Stephanie E.

Have a look at the thread in my signature, I have contact info for almost every other major developer who is still taking the wait-and-see approach. Please add to the list if I've missed any!

"Thank you for your email, I hope you are doing well today.

We have continued to look at the Blackberry� platform and listen to our customer's needs. As we grow and evolve our mobile applications, we seek to develop on the platforms where we see the greatest opportunity. At this time we will not support the Blackberry� platform but will continue to evaluate it as the landscape evolves.

Your feedback regarding this decision is much appreciated. Rest assured, your questions and concerns have been documented and passed along to the appropriate teams.

Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,
    Stephanie E"
    CarGuy1368 and Elite1 like this.
    06-27-13 12:04 PM
    The best way to send feedback to the big names, is to sideload their app as an Adnroid port, and then through the report a problem or send feedback option, ask them for BB10 support.
    We already did that with Instagram.

Unfortunately the latest Starbucks apk I found was version 2.4.1 and sideloading it didn't work
    theclipart likes this.
    06-27-13 12:14 PM
    Waow!!!!!! that is so sad about this news. I have notice 85% companies will not support Black Berry platform at all I notice also there is 95% apps that are from International not USA. my question is then why there are marketing BlackBerry device in USA if this Companies such as Starbucks, Bank of
    America, Chase and so such others will NOT support BB Platform. I am very upset after I bought the blackberry Z10 I find out that is not a Black Berry come back as what the CEO was been saying at the BlackBerry Live in Orlando.
    06-27-13 12:19 PM
    Very disappointing.

For the record, I'm not a Starbucks fan at all. There's much better coffee to be found elsewhere here in Vancouver.
    But this is irrelevant: Starbucks popularity is undeniable.

As a BBRY fan, it's always very annoying to read such corporate replies and be left with no idea if they are even aware of BB10 and that it is a new platform which can run with the big boys, unlike the legacy BBOS.

I'll send an email too, suggesting they port their Android app.
    BlackBerry Guy and CarGuy1368 like this.
    06-27-13 12:22 PM
    I have notice 85% companies ... I notice also there is 95% apps that are from International not USA
    Where on earth are you pulling these statistics from?
    06-27-13 12:23 PM

I'll send an email too, suggesting they port their Android app.
    Ya, I mentioned that. I said it would be very easy to port it over.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-27-13 12:39 PM
    Where on earth are you pulling these statistics from?
    Oh it's very scientific. If we have to explain it to you, then you wouldn't understand.
    It's all physics.
    06-27-13 01:08 PM
    I'll send off one too.

Twitter is another option. Tweet the he11 out of it asking for an app or port one.

Edit: Tweet sent

ZED-10 For the person on the move! OS 10.2.0.93
    06-27-13 01:21 PM
    Oh it's very scientific. If we have to explain it to you, then you wouldn't understand.
    It's all physics.
    Translation: I made them up!
    06-27-13 05:44 PM
    Ya. Not having the Starbucks app sucks, but I still use my z10 to pay. I just took a screen shot of the bar code on my old android phone and then use that picture on my z10. I use the Starbucks website to reload the card and check for the awards.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 10:43 PM
    I sent an e-mail to Starbucks recently because I was curious to see if they are making an application for BlackBerry 10 any time soon. This is the response I got:

"Let me start off by thanking you for your patience while waiting for a response.

We have continued to look at the Blackberry platform and listen to our customer?s needs. As we grow and evolve our mobile applications, we seek to develop on the platforms where we see the greatest opportunity. At this time we will not support the Blackberry platform but will continue to evaluate it as the landscape evolves.

Your feedback regarding this decision is much appreciated. Rest assured, your questions and concerns have been documented andpassed along to the appropriate teams.

Thanks again for writing us.If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

Vince D
    customer service"

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts... comments...
    Starbucks. Speed up your drive through service and lower your prices. Timmies is kicking you right in the beans!

From Zed to U via CB10
    momark likes this.
    06-27-13 11:55 PM
    Ya. Not having the Starbucks app sucks, but I still use my z10 to pay. I just took a screen shot of the bar code on my old android phone and then use that picture on my z10. I use the Starbucks website to reload the card and check for the awards.

Posted via CB10
    Same

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    robkd likes this.
    06-28-13 01:34 AM
    Check out Spotcast app. This has a loyalty card feature built into it. This is all I use it for and it works for Starbucks, BevMo and Ralphs so far for me.

Posted via my Q10 using CB10
    Syni likes this.
    06-28-13 01:43 AM

Sincerely,

Vince D
    customer service"

Posted via CB10
    This is a boiler plate response. It is the same response someone else got and placed on a post last year.
    06-28-13 02:06 AM
    I have no interest whatsoever in a Starbucks app, but will send the email/ tweets just to show my support!

As a return favor, I'm asking for:
    Amazonmp3
    Bluebird (American Express)
    Onstar
    U. S. Bank

Posted via CB10
    robkd and ehroberts like this.
    06-28-13 05:58 AM
    Basically, large companies receive so many customer service emails that many of their responses are template responses.
    Welcome to the new era of customer service.
    06-28-13 12:17 PM
    I just sent them an email as well here is the copy of my email, I have yet to hear back.

"Hello, I was a bit concerned when I noticed there was not a Blackberry 10 app for Starbucks, as a recent Android user, I used the Starbucks app 2-4 times a week. As I am sure you are, and hope you are working on creating a Blackberry 10 app.

As you see, Blackberry 10 was built around business, and well, most of your customers are business people. Which would conclude that a Blackberry 10 app would defiantly be worth the time and the money, noting that Starbucks main customer base is business, as well, the Blackberry 10 customer base is business.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10"

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 12:34 PM
    Check out Spotcast app. This has a loyalty card feature built into it. This is all I use it for and it works for Starbucks, BevMo and Ralphs so far for me.

How do you add Starbucks card to Spotcast? My gold card has no bar code.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:29 PM
    I just sent them an email as well here is the copy of my email, I have yet to hear back.

"Hello, I was a bit concerned when I noticed there was not a Blackberry 10 app for Starbucks, as a recent Android user, I used the Starbucks app 2-4 times a week. As I am sure you are, and hope you are working on creating a Blackberry 10 app.

As you see, Blackberry 10 was built around business, and well, most of your customers are business people. Which would conclude that a Blackberry 10 app would defiantly be worth the time and the money, noting that Starbucks main customer base is business, as well, the Blackberry 10 customer base is business.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10"

Posted via CB10

I heard back from Starbucks, I think I made progress this is a copy of what I got.

"Dear Alex,

I just finished reading your email and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

I think that your request fora mobile app for Blackberry 10 is a great idea. What I am going to do is forward this to our mobile team for their consideration.

We always want to hear what you think would improve your experience with Starbucks. I appreciate you letting me know how much customers would enjoy this.

I would also like to invite you to visit www.MyStarbucksIdea.com. This website is a forum where you can share your ideas, tell us what you think of other people's ideas and join the discussion that will help shape Starbucks future. Many of the ideas shared have already been turned into action.

Sincerely,

Destin H
    customer service"

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 and Aatir Barlas like this.
    06-28-13 11:12 PM
    How do you add Starbucks card to Spotcast? My gold card has no bar code.

Posted via CB10
    If it has a number associated with it or on it then you can manually type that in as well.

Worst case is put your card on a friends android/ios device long enough to scan the barcode it makes.

06-30-13 08:14 AM
    If it has a number associated with it or on it then you can manually type that in as well.

Worst case is put your card on a friends android/ios device long enough to scan the barcode it makes.

Ok. Entering the card number gives you no barcode to scan at counter. I'll just keep my current work around of screen shot of my card from my galaxy tab on my Z10 works fine just have to use browser to reload which is not a problem. I had tried Spotcast app before but didn't find it useful. Thought I had missed something. Thanks anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 09:18 AM
    And number of us have been badgering sbux foe quite some time now. Do go to My Starbucks Idea and log in and search blackberry and upvote every bb10 request. Then post one of your own. If you want this app, you probably already have a Starbuck card. Same credentials there. Also watch out for the haters... Especially DadCooks. He will come in and **** all over your request. Because it would cause him so much personal pain.

I was enjoying trying to educate him, but finally gave up. Also, as promised by me to Starbucks after getting blown off multiple times... I stopped auto reload and haven't been there in 2-3 months. Doubt they give a rip, but my $300 a month isn't theirs anymore.

Edit: I am really feeling the suckage that is the playbook. Ok don't give us BB10, but can I have the keyboard please? Any the browser..bridge working... More. Wrong thread, sorry. :-)
    06-30-13 12:54 PM
    Please thumbs up my Starbucks idea! Be greatly appreciated! http://mystarbucksidea.force.com/ide...0000000It4ZAAS

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1 and eninrebmun like this.
    06-30-13 03:15 PM
52 123