Hey there,

So, my Q10's screen broke about a month ago, and until I repaired it a couple days ago, I'd been using my Android backup. Whilst going back to Android did make me appreciate the fluidity of BB10, there was one feature (well, I suppose capability is a better descriptor) that so profoundly enhanced my experience with it that I'm considering making my Android my primary (and, only) phone just for it alone.

See, long story short, I use my phone to text. Yes, of course I email. Facebook? Yup. Browsing? Check. Calling? Meh, I'm a university student; I have anxiety attacks when it rings. But all that said, when it comes down to it, there's only thing that my Q10 can do that my MacBook (which is always with me as well) can't�that is to say, there's really only reason that I carry my phone at all: texting. If I could text from my laptop, I'd just leave my phone at home. And with my Android phone (and the help of the mySMS desktop app), that's exactly what I did�sitting on my desk, charging, all day long. And it was glorious. The moment I got a text, I knew it, and could respond right then and there, half a city away from my phone. No worries about where I put my phone, or how battery life's doing, or whether I'm on wi-fi, etc. It was the perfect solution to a problem I hadn't prior realised I had, and it made my life a thousand times easier.

I need this on my Q10 if I'm to continue to use it. I've searched high and low for anything, but have come up dry. mySMS doesn't make a BB10 app, nor do any of the alternatives, The closest thing I found after searching forever was Notify Me, which only supports notification of receipt of messages. Thing is, what good is knowing I got a message if I don't have my phone with me to reply? (And, obviously, if I bring my phone with me, that defeats the purpose.)

I know that I'm sort of a niche-market here with how I use my phone, but there has to be something out there for BB10 that does this�I mean, after all, it is a relatively simple concept; I can't imagine that nobody's done it yet. So, anyone have any leads? The ideal program has a Mac desktop version, but honestly, if there's only a PC, I'd be fine keeping a Windows virtual machine open all the time, if that's what it takes.

Thanks in advance, guys. Sorry for the rantiness.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    07-02-14 01:18 AM
    So you are saying you don't want to carry a phone with you, but a laptop instead. And you want to text from your desktop? And a mac at that?
    07-02-14 06:44 AM
    nemory was trying to do something like this. I don't know what happened to it

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 07:30 AM
    Does your Laptop has an UMTS-Module to use it with your SIM Card? If so there a some tools for sending and receiving textmessages and you never need a phone again
    07-02-14 07:47 AM
    Have you tried loading mySMS on your Q10?
    07-02-14 07:55 AM
    Have you tried loading mySMS on your Q10?
    Yup, as well as all the alternatives. Not only as active frames (because, obviously, Android==not headless), but in the very foreground, and they still didn't send or receive texts (even when I know for certain they were coming in). I"m guessing something to do with google services.

Does your Laptop has an UMTS-Module to use it with your SIM Card? If so there a some tools for sending and receiving textmessages and you never need a phone again
    Likely not, as I've never heard of it. Sounds like a neat concept, though.

nemory was trying to do something like this. I don't know what happened to it

Posted via CB10
    Great, thanks for the lead! Is there any way to tag him in this thread, or should I just pm him?

So you are saying you don't want to carry a phone with you, but a laptop instead. And you want to text from your desktop? And a mac at that?
    A veritable sleuth, you are.
    07-02-14 03:16 PM
    Blackberry is coming out with the same thing. Should be released later this year if all goes as planned.

Posted via CB10
    sum one likes this.
    07-02-14 04:20 PM
    my service provider has a browser app that does that , as well as internet calling

it's a bit unstable but it does work , Rogers One Number is what it is called.

Would expect other providers have this as well, off loads this from the cell towers.
    07-02-14 04:27 PM
    Blackberry is coming out with the same thing. Should be released later this year if all goes as planned.

Posted via CB10
    That'd be great. Source, though?

my service provider has a browser app that does that , as well as internet calling

it's a bit unstable but it does work , Rogers One Number is what it is called.

Would expect other providers have this as well, off loads this from the cell towers.
    Ooh, I'll check that out. I'm in the States (on T-Mobile); maybe a call to customer service would be worth it?
    07-02-14 04:27 PM
    This is what they were referring you to that NemOry is/was building

NemSMS
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=913015

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 04:30 PM
    This is what they were referring you to that NemOry is/was building

NemSMS
    NemSMS - Send SMS using another device. (Remote SMS) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    As fantastic as this looks (thanks for the link!), two things:
    1) It doesn't look like there's a way to view received SMSs remotely. It's not really practical to leave your phone at home without the ability to see messages received; kinda defeats the purpose.
    2) It looks like the service is dead, anyway. The link to his website where he hosted it is now dead; a quick look at the most recent posts in the topic gives me the impression it's not likely to be coming back.

The lead is much appreciated, though. Closest thing I've found so far to what I'm looking for
    07-02-14 04:35 PM
    BlackBerry Blend seems to be a mirroring tech that requires your phone be with you.

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    07-02-14 04:44 PM
    BlackBerry Blend seems to be a mirroring tech that requires your phone be with you.

Hmm, that's almost frustrating in a way. So they have the ability to send/receive remote texts from a desktop, but then decide to limit it to Bluetooth? I don't see the point (in limiting it, that is; of course, for people who're content carrying their phone around anyway, it makes a lot of sense).

Geez, starting to look like I'mma be heading back to the Android. I'm loyal to BB, but not having to have my phone with me to use it is just so damn big :/
    07-03-14 10:33 PM

Do you know if that's gonna be available on the Q10 after the 10.3 update?
    07-07-14 12:55 AM
    Stay put for 6 months and you might be very pleased.

Can't share more.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:00 AM
    A native pushbullet app is coming

Blackberry blend will be out between August and november as welk.
    Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:04 AM
    A native pushbullet app is coming
    Source?
    07-07-14 04:10 AM
    Source?
    Hopefully you didnt think googke was making it if you did sorry haha

If you look at my thread on bb10 need pushbullet
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=937854

A dev saw it and loved it. I'll wait for him to announce a beta for it but he just started it.

These are the kind of apps that arent in BlackBerry world that you need to focus on daljit!!! Hhaha
    I have plenty ideas if you want to pm me

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 10:05 AM

BB10 needs Pushbullet (Blogging [Tumblr, Flickr, Instagram], Stocks, Sport updates) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

A dev saw it and loved it. I'll wait for him to announce a beta for it but he just started it.

These are the kind of apps that arent in BlackBerry world that you need to focus on daljit!!! Hhaha

Posted via CB10
    Actually pushbullet is on my list, I also started the project the other day.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    07-07-14 10:41 AM
    Stay put for 6 months and you might be very pleased.

Can't share more.

Posted via CB10
    That's good to hear, but it's kinda not a lot to be going with here, as someone who's considering switching back to that Android phone in the next couple days. What's your source, at least? Work at BlackBerry? Confidence level that something that does just what I described will be coming out in six months? Either way, thanks for the reply, appreciated.

BB10 needs Pushbullet (Blogging [Tumblr, Flickr, Instagram], Stocks, Sport updates) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    This looks like just another app that shows me texts instead of letting me respond, no? Again, what I'm hoping for here is to be able to leave my phone somewhere and still be able to interact with it. If I get an urgent text that needs response and I'm an hour away, it's not gonna be much of a help to see it and have no way of getting back—although, honestly, this I'm not really even worried about; it's just the nice, easy, remote day-to-day texts that the Android phone allowed that I'm missing now on my Q10.
    07-08-14 04:24 PM
    That's good to hear, but it's kinda not a lot to be going with here, as someone who's considering switching back to that Android phone in the next couple days. What's your source, at least? Work at BlackBerry? Confidence level that something that does just what I described will be coming out in six months? Either way, thanks for the reply, appreciated.

This looks like just another app that shows me texts instead of letting me respond, no? Again, what I'm hoping for here is to be able to leave my phone somewhere and still be able to interact with it. If I get an urgent text that needs response and I'm an hour away, it's not gonna be much of a help to see it and have no way of getting back—although, honestly, this I'm not really even worried about; it's just the nice, easy, remote day-to-day texts that the Android phone allowed that I'm missing now on my Q10.
    Actually no it's exactly what you want, it just has so many features i couldn't say them all. haha
    EvolveSMS Partners With PushBullet, Lets You Respond to Texts From Your Computer | Droid Life

the cool thing you will get a record of the text you sent from your computer on your phone as well

I don't expect the app to be done will all features by the end of the month but the dev has definitely been busy

If you don't want to wait here is the evolve sms apk, looking at the description will give you a better view of it's features if you were curious about pushbullet
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...olve_sms&hl=en
    07-08-14 05:28 PM
    Actually no it's exactly what you want, it just has so many features i couldn't say them all. haha
    EvolveSMS Partners With PushBullet, Lets You Respond to Texts From Your Computer | Droid Life

the cool thing you will get a record of the text you sent from your computer on your phone as well

I don't expect the app to be done will all features by the end of the month but the dev has definitely been busy

If you don't want to wait here is the evolve sms apk, looking at the description will give you a better view of it's features if you were curious about pushbullet
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...olve_sms&hl=en
    Gah, this is awesome! Thank you so so so much, just made my day! Staying with the Q10 then

Quick clarification: From the article, it looks like, on Android, Pushbullet is doing the notification side, whilst EvolveSMS is doing the SMSing. Is the BB10 dev planning on combining this functionality on BB10 as well?
    Last edited by gaytheist; 07-08-14 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Added clarification question
    07-08-14 08:59 PM
    Gah, this is awesome! Thank you so so so much, just made my day! Staying with the Q10 then

Quick clarification: From the article, it looks like, on Android, Pushbullet is doing the notification side, whilst EvolveSMS is doing the SMSing. Is the BB10 dev planning on combining this functionality on BB10 as well?
    Right now he is just starting with the basic stuff so probably not.

Use that evolvesms apk it should work ok until you find a better alternative until the app comes out.

If the dev does this app right it will patch a lot of things missing in BB10 all in 1 app.

Fingers crossed and ill keep you updated with a pm on further details

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 11:12 PM
    Right now he is just starting with the basic stuff so probably not.

Use that evolvesms apk it should work ok until you find a better alternative until the app comes out.

If the dev does this app right it will patch a lot of things missing in BB10 all in 1 app.

Fingers crossed and ill keep you updated with a pm on further details

Posted via CB10
    You're awesome!!
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    07-09-14 01:34 AM
    A working external notifications framework like Pushbullet would absolutely make my year. Fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 11:54 AM
29 12