Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sending Dev Alpha Back

Does anyone know when the Dev Alpha's go back? Also the offer to get a limited edition BB10 device in exchange for the Dev alpha returned as well as an app....does the Jan 11 deadline for app submission apply to this as well?
    Pearl8130..Curve8830..Bold9700..Torch9800...Curve8 900..Bold9900.. Torch9810..Bold9900...DevAlpha A/C

Global Posts
    5,972 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Quote Originally Posted by mdarr View Post
    Does anyone know when the Dev Alpha's go back? Also the offer to get a limited edition BB10 device in exchange for the Dev alpha returned as well as an app....does the Jan 11 deadline for app submission apply to this as well?
    Don't know if the Dev Alphas ever have to go back, though it's safe to say they will be bricked at some point (a bug in the BB10 system software did this prematurely a couple of months ago--fixed, fortunately).

Apparently, the exchange program is still open, as Blackberry Developer relations tweeted a reminder about it yesterday. I'm racing to get an app in for the 11th myself.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,023 Global Posts

Default Sending Dev Alpha Back

Yes an App by the 11th

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbuck View Post
    Don't know if the Dev Alphas ever have to go back, though it's safe to say they will be bricked at some point (a bug in the BB10 system software did this prematurely a couple of months ago--fixed, fortunately).

Apparently, the exchange program is still open, as Blackberry Developer relations tweeted a reminder about it yesterday. I'm racing to get an app in for the 11th myself.
    If you read the rules of the exchange program, we do need to return the dev alpha on order to get the special edition BB10 device.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by greatwiseone View Post
    If you read the rules of the exchange program, we do need to return the dev alpha on order to get the special edition BB10 device.
    hmm interesting, at the Kitchener Jam Tour Alec Saunders said in order to get a limited edition device devs would need to a) develop an app and submit and b) return the dev alpha.
    Pearl8130..Curve8830..Bold9700..Torch9800...Curve8 900..Bold9900.. Torch9810..Bold9900...DevAlpha A/C
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

err no. the 11th date is for the Built for BB program, the `offer period` as set out in the terms and conditions of the Ltd Edition agreement are for the end of the 21st January.

1. Offer Period. Offer is open between 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 29, 2012 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on January 21, 2013 (“Offer Period”). Research In Motion Limited (“Sponsor”) reserves the right to extend the Offer Period at any time in its sole discretion and will post a notice of such change on the Offer Website.

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    CrackBerry Addict

I would send the Dev Alpha back as soon as you receive shipping label and email confirmation. The Limited Edition devices will be released after the January 30th announcement. Don't wait.
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball BlackBoard Lite Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10, 5 Slides, Markdown Man, Movie Title Creator, Pixel Censor