SayIt wants to access your PlayBook camera because in the future I want to add a command "Open Camera" or "Launch Camera"
I'll correct the Wikipedia thing soon
The command list is getting bigger over the update.
The processing time depends on your internet connection speed. I'm here at Grand Millennium Shukumvit and the response time is less than 1.5s
- 11-28-12, 06:54 PM #29
Re: SayIt for PlayBook and BlackBerry 10
I like the commands noted on the website.
speech to text, open email etc. These would all be welcome additions.
Would be super cool if My location was set by gps and hotel, gas stations, atms, coffee houses. restaurants were located from this.
Great app, very serious potential. Thanks. I expect you will get lots of suggestions.
I just upgraded to 30mbps internet and I do find response time can be somewhat slow. Expect Bb10 would address this.
Once again, great work, looking forward to the full potential
Last edited by BachKhoa University; 11-29-12 at 11:17 AM.
- 11-29-12, 01:04 PM #39
Agree with all the above.
Things i don't like only portrait mode on the playbook. The voice and pressing the button sound EXACTLY like Siri. Would change the default sounds because i am sure the suits at Apple would be all over it. Have some options for other voices.
Instead of pushing the button after saying a command, it should have code written into it to automatically send the command after X amount of time. (like a time out). Looking good though.
Last edited by SparkyBC; 11-29-12 at 01:15 PM.
- CrackBerry Newbie
11-29-12, 01:10 PM #40
- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
SayIt for PlayBook and BlackBerry 10
I just bought it for 9800. It definitely has potential. im liking it already. Nice app^^.
PS when will u update the command list?
Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
- 11-29-12, 03:47 PM #42
There seems to be an issue with it setting the permissions on the Playbook This is likely the problem for those people indicating that it doesn't work. After the install the permissions dialog came up and I accepted but I found that it didn't work for me. The app loads and I tap on the mic ask one of the listed questions and tap on the mic again but nothing happens. I then when to the Application Security settings and found that the app wasn't listed so I deleted it and re-installed. This time the permissions dialog did not come up, but again it is not showing in the Application Security listing. I tried a reboot with the same result.
- 11-29-12, 05:47 PM #43
- 12-15-12, 01:58 PM #46
Will there be any more updates for this app. I, like many others who purchased it did so to help the developer out but are there any more updates on the way? I still consider the app still very much in its infancy or beta stage. When can we expect the next update? Please respond. Thanks.
- 12-21-12, 09:17 AM #47
So really, it's been a week and no response from the developer. Did I just waste 5 bucks buying an app that is unfinished and will not continue to be supported. If so it'll be last time I go out on a limb for a new developer.
• Tap record button then speak, tap again to stop recording. After stop recording, SayIt will answer your queries.
• SayIt works via Wifi or Cellular network (3G/4G/H+)
• You can view the Command List for more command
List of supporting languages
• * Voice to text:
* * *English, French, Latin, Spanish, Italia, Portuguese, Dutch, Germany, Russian, Poland, Czech, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean,*
* * *Indonesian
• * Text to Voice:*
* * *English, French, Latin, Spanish, Italia, Portuguese, Dutch, Germany, Russian, Hungary, Norwegian, Poland, Danish, Czech, Turkish, * * Chinese, Japanese, Korean.
• * Translation
* * *SayIt supports translate from English to : French, Latin, Spanish, Italia, Portuguese, Dutch, Germany, Russian, Sweden, Hungary, * * *Norwegian, Poland, Greek, Vietnamese, Chinese, Thailand, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Phlippines
- By HKain7 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 58Last Post: 04-27-13, 04:29 AM
- By edyb in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 11-04-12, 09:25 AM
- By lawlist in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700 ThemesReplies: 2Last Post: 04-11-10, 05:03 PM
- By LuayS in forum Mac UsersReplies: 4Last Post: 04-08-09, 07:43 AM
- By blackberryuserMPM in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-08, 04:37 AM