SayIt for PlayBook and BlackBerry 10
Today I'm pleased to announce that I've built SayIt for PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 successfully and I've just submitted them to AppWorld.
SayIt for PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 supports:
1. Natural Voice Recognition and processing for PlayBook and BB10
2..Text to Speech with natural voice
2. Performing search website tasks, find hotels/bar/club/restaurants... near a location
3. Provide weather forecast based on current location
4. Search Youtube, Wikipedia, Google using voice
5. Integration with Wolfram Alpha, so SayIt can perform maths calculation, provide information about: history, literature, culture and nearly every queries thanks to Wolfram Alpha power.
I'll post the AppWorld link after SayIt for PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 are approved.
Check out these screenshots:
Video demo here:
Last edited by BachKhoa University; 11-29-2012 at 03:36 AM.
Yep, I know this. That's why now I release them.
- 11-26-2012, 05:50 AM #5
I had SayIt on my 9550 when i was up north but deleted it because i didnt have much use for it. But on the BB10 and playbook now that im in the big city ill definetly redownload it once its approvedBack from the depths!!!
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-27-2012, 11:40 PM #21
- 287 Posts
Last edited by BachKhoa University; 11-28-2012 at 09:37 AM.
- 11-28-2012, 02:43 PM #24
Unfortunately, I'm not totally sold so far.
- Voice recognition works quite well in general + using Wolfram Alpha to look up definitions is rather neat.
- google <something>, what time is it and what's the weather like all work as expected.
- The interface is simple, nice and smooth.
- SayIt wants to access my Playbook's camera. Why is that?
- wikipedia <something> always opens youtube <something> instead of Wikipedia.
- The list of commands is very short. Am I missing something or is there really no way to open an arbitrary webpage by saying browser <url>?
- The processing time for commands is longer than firing up the browser and typing a search term. Well, at least in some cases.
- CrackBerry Genius
11-28-2012, 03:48 PM #25
- 3,722 Posts
Re: SayIt for PlayBook and BlackBerry 10
agree witb everything noted above.
Youtube command not workkng well an wikipedia command opens youtube.
Google + searcb request , works very good.
is it great....... no
is it fun...... yes
is it worth supporting for 4.99............ABSOLUTELYThe very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.
- By HKain7 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 58Last Post: 04-27-2013, 03:29 AM
- By edyb in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 11-04-2012, 08:25 AM
- By lawlist in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700 ThemesReplies: 2Last Post: 04-11-2010, 04:03 PM
- By LuayS in forum Mac UsersReplies: 4Last Post: 04-08-2009, 06:43 AM
- By blackberryuserMPM in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2008, 03:37 AM