Anyone know a good RSS feed reader for bb10? Always used Social Feeds on my 9900 and it was great, trying to find something similar...
    dzbeebo likes this.
    02-06-13 06:48 PM
    I'm looking for one , i prefer native.
    02-06-13 07:04 PM
    I wish that Social Feeds and BlackBerry News were ported over to BlackBerry 10, I'm missing them already on my Z10.
    02-06-13 10:36 PM
    BlackBerry News is one of my top 3 most used apps. I liked it even better when it was still Viigo. The fact that BB10 has no RSS feed reader worth using really sucks. What I ended up doing was just transferring all of my feeds to Google Reader, and use the mobile version of the website for your news fix. It is the best solution I've found so far.
    dj_matty_s likes this.
    02-06-13 10:45 PM
    Agreed, if only Viigo still existed!

I bought webreader for my playbook and its a pretty solid app on there (offline support is ok but still needs improvement, most important feature for me in an rss app).. It was available in 'my world' for the z10, so I installed it (yay for not paying twice!)... its not really useable yet, but I reached out to the dev and they said:

The update will be ready by the end of the week. Here is a short preview http://twitpic.com/c1bqj0 .

Will come update here once it is and let folks know how its running...
    dj_matty_s likes this.
    02-07-13 08:59 AM
    i like the design of the N4BB app. if only you could add your own feeds to it.
    02-07-13 09:24 AM
    I was thinking the same thing. It's a great example of a good native RSS app. The developer should make a version that connects to Google Reader. That would be PERFECT.

i like the design of the N4BB app. if only you could add your own feeds to it.
    02-07-13 11:51 AM
    Anyone know a good RSS feed reader for bb10? Always used Social Feeds on my 9900 and it was great, trying to find something similar...
    I used to use bee reader for 9800. I now use Greader, an android app that has been converted to bar file. Side loaded on PlayBook and z10. Works great, a lot of nice features.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-07-13 12:44 PM
    sideloading greader now...

Edit: Works well
    Last edited by dj_matty_s; 02-07-13 at 01:28 PM.
    02-07-13 12:55 PM
    how's offline support?
    02-07-13 01:39 PM
    You have a bunch of different options for how you want it to handle offline feeds. It's very decent. will use it until something native comes along.
    primusd likes this.
    02-07-13 01:56 PM
    I was able to sideload Flipboard and honestly, it works so good that you would think it was a native app. This is probably my new favourite app on my Z10. I was able to add all of my RSS feeds and Twitter, LinkedIn, and Flickr accounts. It is by far the prettiest and smoothest option for BB10 at the moment.
    02-08-13 05:55 PM
    I'm working on an RSS app. Initial version is awaiting approval right now; full version to follow shortly
    xiaohuaxing and Wolfgan like this.
    02-08-13 06:06 PM
    I'm working on an RSS app. Initial version is awaiting approval right now; full version to follow shortly
    I am willing to test it out if you need any testers.

02-08-13 07:13 PM
    Anyone tried Taptu?
    02-08-13 09:04 PM
    Downloading now, wonder if its just a port of their android app..
    02-08-13 09:46 PM
    It's a port, got a few android runtime errors when I started it up......still works though, nor as food a greater imo

02-08-13 09:50 PM
    I now use Greader, an android app that has been converted to bar file. Side loaded on PlayBook and z10. Works great, a lot of nice features.
    Link for the bar?
    02-08-13 11:39 PM
    gReader Pro is available in Blackberry World
    primusd likes this.
    02-08-13 11:42 PM
    I sideloaded gReader Pro and apart from the initial loading being slow, it works.

02-09-13 12:55 AM
    Excellent news Thunderbuck. Please make it sync with Google Reader (I lost my hope Geereader being on bb10 soon), and I like the ability of reading the news from anywhere I am, being my pc, z10, playbook or whatever connected gadget is at hand.
    Looking forward your app appearing on BBWorld! Wolf

Ps: what the app name will be?

02-09-13 07:02 AM
    Hello,
    I would like to introduce our app for BlackBerry 10 "Daily. The News Reader".
    It is the Native Application BB 10, Google Reader Client, so it is perfect for reading RRS feeds.
    Link to the BB World: BlackBerry World - Daily. The News Reader

App is now available on promotional price 0.99$ after a week it will return to 2.99$.
    Daily. The News Reader
    Wolfgan likes this.
    02-09-13 10:07 AM
    Hello,
    I would like to introduce our app for BlackBerry 10 "Daily. The News Reader".
    It is the Native Application BB 10, Google Reader Client, so it is perfect for reading RRS feeds.
    Link to the BB World: BlackBerry World - Daily. The News Reader

App is now available on promotional price 0.99$ after a week it will return to 2.99$.
    Daily. The News Reader
    Thanks Thalion. The app description and reviews point to solid app but very basic functionality. Could you please comment on roadmap and more advanced features? (i'm interested in what I use most like integration with the share framework of bb10, quick swipe between articles, mark prior as read, starred folder quick access)
    Thx, Wolf
    02-09-13 11:17 AM
    We are preparing some new releases, first will introduce new more recognizable application icon, browsing news from article page (but not swiping because of BB10 back gesture) and minor bug fixes. This should appear in about two weeks. Next one should introduce articles from offline cache when you are not connected to the internet, this will come a bit later (much more work to do with this feature).

We are also working on some unique features, but they are a secret right now, so prepare for some surprises.
    02-09-13 12:06 PM
    We are preparing some new releases, first will introduce new more recognizable application icon, browsing news from article page (but not swiping because of BB10 back gesture) and minor bug fixes. This should appear in about two weeks. Next one should introduce articles from offline cache when you are not connected to the internet, this will come a bit later (much more work to do with this feature).

We are also working on some unique features, but they are a secret right now, so prepare for some surprises.
    Thanks Thalion, good to hear about the app plans. When I said swipes I meant a way to move from article to article w/o going back to the list for quick scanning (as prev/next page gestures in ebook apps).

Also important for me is to leverage the bb10 share framework (so every new target in the system is available w/o you having to recode)
    Thx, Wolf

02-09-13 01:18 PM
49 12