Has anyone else had problems with reviews on BlackBerry world? I've posted a couple and they simply are not their. Both were neutral in opinion hoping for improvement.
    Do the writer's of the software get to edit / redact them?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 11:25 AM
    I have posted a couple and noticed that it takes some time to appear in BB world (usually a day). May be it's just a matter of time with yours? I know on PB developers have the option to request for a review to be removed as a counter to 1 star unfair reviews; not sure if that option is available on BB10.
    02-16-13 07:14 PM
    Yes I have the same issue
    My reviews do not show up

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    02-17-13 02:12 PM
    Same with mine.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 02:42 PM
    There can be several reasons for this, aside from a simple technical glitch which loses your review (though I haven't heard of that actually occurring).

Some reviews are auto-denied initially, for reasons that aren't clear to the vendors either. We have the option to go in -- if we notice this -- and request the review be marked Approved, but this can take days for us to notice, and days for the subsequent approval.

Some reviews are denied by vendors, and if they do this soon enough after they're left and the BB World people respond quickly, the review may never appear even for a short time.

Vendors can't edit reviews, but for now we apparently can deny them. It's not a situation that's entirely good for everyone but, given the fact that we have no way of responding to mistaken reviews, or interacting with the users, and users can't update a review if a new version of the app comes out, this might be the way it has to be for now. (They are supposed to be improving some aspects of this, but I think for now it's still as I described, which is how it's been the entire time since the PlayBook launched. The only difference now is that each device family sees only the reviews written specifically for that family, so BBOS reviews no longer show up on the PlayBook, and PlayBook reviews won't appear on BB10 phones either.)
    BlackQtCoder likes this.
    02-17-13 04:00 PM
    So a vendor can reject every negative review if they wanted? That's not a good thing...

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 05:04 PM
    Reviews never show up immediately - but appear to when the list is temporarily updated post review. If you refresh a vendor they vanish from the reviews.

They take about 24-48 hour and are first reviewed by BlackBerry.

If they decide it is inappropriate they will go ahead and flag it as refused. If you get too many your reviews seem to be automatically refused.

And once live vendors also have the ability to refuse your review. Including all negative ones. So ask for refunds and post appropriately on social media if its alarming.

~ed

Sent from my BlackBerry S10 using Tapatalk Touch Beta
    02-17-13 11:53 PM
    So a vendor can reject every negative review if they wanted? That's not a good thing...
    Agreed! Don't go solely by reviews, and make sure you look at screenshots, other apps by the vendor, and as KermEd says pay attention to social media such as this site. Credible vendors these days will not be hiding...

If you pay attention and are thoughtful, you'll get so you can pretty much tell which vendors are masking out all negative reviews, and which are wielding this lopsided power with integrity.
    02-18-13 12:50 PM
    Sent from my BlackBerry S10 using Tapatalk Touch Beta
    S10? lol

As for the subject, this has already been discussed over and over and over and over and over in these forums. please please use search next time and add your comment to the relevant topic, it helps everyone.
    02-18-13 12:55 PM
    It is a ridiculous practice from a consumer point of view.
    02-18-13 12:59 PM
    Heh, my xbox playbook app had a review automatically denied. It was some gibberish in another language that Google Translate couldn't make much sense out of. It had a lot of cursing, mentioned iphones, developers, and I'm pretty sure they called me a "Male appendage loving developer". I guess they didn't like the app

If a dev denies a review, it opens a ticket with BB. Presumably, so that someone can review it, and determine if there is a valid reason to deny it. Whether or not someone at BB would actually deny a request to deny a review is the real issue.

As a developer, I have no problem with the idea that I can submit a negative review to be removed. If it's an actual criticism, then that's one thing (and personally, I'd keep those live) but say, someone gives me a 1 star review and says "This app sucks, buy this one from JohnSmith Incorporated instead" and the username is "JSmith", then I'm gonna want that removed.

As long as someone at BB actually makes a yay/nay decision on whether to remove it, I don't see a problem with it. But if they're just 'CTRL+A->Approve Request'-ing them all, then that's a problem.
    02-18-13 01:15 PM
    The developers are not at fault here, IMHO. BBRY is creating a mess though, because I believe peer review is the STRONGEST tool of any application clearing house. The best will always rise to the top if given an unencumbered chance.
    02-18-13 01:24 PM
    Re: s10 - si, gracias. Fixed - updated

reviews - I remove gibberish reviews and leave honest ones. If its a bug complaint I may remove it when its patched to monitor reviews and check for new bugs.

But yeah There's nothing to stops developer from wiping all negative reviews. Ice seen a few who do including the GPS on demand folks.

But just be loud and diligent on refunds. There are very, very few relevent reviews anyway. I like to leave long detailed reviews with categories and ratings cuz I'm crazy. But yeah... Its a bit of a broken / bandaided system.

Sent from my BlackBerry S10.1 using Tapatalk Touch Beta
    02-18-13 04:45 PM