I've been using Neutron for a long time now (in terms of months) and see myself as a user familiar to the app. One of the big features that amazed me was the fact that the app used the notification LED to flash a purple LED for each beat of the tracks I used my Z10 to listen to. Now in it's new redesigned UI I've noticed a fair few problems. The main problem being the LED which just randomly flashes at me - I haven't changed any of the settings that could have upset the app to not display the LED. Another problem is that it seems the app is really putting a strain on my Z - it's consuming CPU like there's no tomorrow! When I'm using it it pretty much always lags when I minimise it and start multitasking or when a track first plays (after opening the app) it takes a long pause and either starts playing again from where it left off or rewinds the track 5-8 seconds to make up for the missed time. There was another problem but I can't remember it while writing this.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 09:55 PM
    I've seen that flash too and still have no idea what that is, because it seems random.

As for consuming cpu cycles while neutron is running, it seems normal to me. I don't have the same issues you are seeing. I actually ran neutron for a couple hours today just to see. Here's a screen I took earlier:

Attachment 214690

Looks to be around 5-8% while running. I would try deleting and then re-installing neutron first. Also, have you tried turning off auto refresh during app start for all of your sources? That might be what you are seeing if you've got a huge collection.

Posted via CB10
    ruhban likes this.
    10-26-13 10:11 PM
    I've seen that flash too and still have no idea what that is, because it seems random.

As for consuming cpu cycles while neutron is running, it seems normal to me. I don't have the same issues you are seeing. I actually ran neutron for a couple hours today just to see. Here's a screen I took earlier:

Attachment 214690

Looks to be around 5-8% while running. I would try deleting and then re-installing neutron first. Also, have you tried turning off auto refresh during app start for all of your sources? That might be what you are seeing if you've got a huge collection.

Posted via CB10
    On previous builds of the app the LED's worked in perfect harmony with the beat however on the past 2/3 builds it's just not been right. All of my settings have been the same for all this time so I think it might have something to do with the app itself rather than my settings.

I think it's become more CPU efficient in recent builds, especially in the latest one however how else can the lagging be explained?

Which setting is this? I've never come across it. Could you please direct me to it? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:53 PM
    No idea. But if it's still an issue I would email the dev or post in the neutron mp forum.

To set the refresh sources:
    - Open the app and tap the current song, this will take you to the current playlist
    - tap the left/back button to get to the root menu, where you will see the folder list for playlists, albums, etc
    - scroll down to the bottom and you will see the "sources" entry with a refresh radial button beside it. If it is selected, it will be red. If not, it will be clear. This is the auto refresh upon app start for all your sources
    - tap the sources entry and you should be able to set the refresh for each individual source.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 09:11 PM
    The purple led light is not in beat with the harmony, it's to do with automatic gain protection and is an indicator to let you know that your audio level is overloaded and will cause clipping so it automatically adjusts the preamp gain and the flash will stop.
    10-31-13 04:39 AM
    Also you can fix your problem of overloaded audio by normalising your tracks with neutron.
    10-31-13 04:44 AM