Anyone have recommended podcast apps for the Z10? I am a podcast junkie, but I must confess that a lot of podcast apps have given me trouble in the past. I found Blackberry's own podcast apps were ok when they worked, but the PlayBook one often had trouble syncing and the BBOS one stopped getting updates and became broken as the OS updated. The Apple podcast app was so bad at first (sluggish, wouldn't download, wouldn't sync) I'm surprised it ever got out the door. It is better now though.

That said, I need a podcast app on Z10 and want one that is performant, syncs properly and is buttery smooth. I've been getting by with Nobex, but want something dedicated to podcasts.

Any recommendations?
    06-01-13 08:53 AM
    Nobex

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 08:54 AM
    I was just wondering the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 10:48 AM
    Is Stitcher available either native or sideloaded? It's a very good Podcast app. I think they have a mobile web version as well? That might be a useable option.

Same can be said for Pocketcasts and BeyondPod if either are available sideloaded. They are both great.

I can't believe there is such a lack of Podcast apps for both Playbook and Z10/Q10. I would gladly pay for a a really good native Podcast app for my Playbook. I'm sure people would for a phone version as well.
    06-01-13 11:23 AM
    Just tried the Nobex app that was mentioned above... amazing app... I was looking for a specific podcast that I couldnt find on other apps I downloaded.... Nobex had hardwell on air which is what I was looking for.... id used to have to use itunes on my desktop to download the podcast, make a playlist... add the new podcast to my podcasts playlist... and sync it to my phone...

Nobex allows you to either stream the podcast, or download it to your phone to save it locally, for subway rides and whatnot.

Would recommend.

Posted via CB10
    amp323 likes this.
    06-01-13 03:42 PM
    I use nobex too since podcasts app has some problems.

However, I think nobex falls down on the fact that you can't download podcasts to the microSD card.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 06:32 PM
    well there is nobex and podcasts like everyone has said. or you can try podcasts to go. it's still currently in beta but that means its free.
    BlackBerry World - Podcasts To Go
    06-02-13 05:29 AM
    I tried Podcasts To Go, but when I tried to download an episode of one of the podcasts, the app freezes on the loading page. I've downloaded Nobex, but downloading episodes is painfully slow and it's not my WiFi network that's the issue. The podcast apps that are native to OS7 devices and the PlayBook worked well enough for me and I was surprised that there wasn't a similar app included with BB10. There are versions of Stitcher and BeyondPod that can be sideloaded, but the Stitcher BAR is outdated and the BeyondPod one is for the Lite version.
    06-02-13 01:02 PM
    The best podcast app is the one called 'Podcasts'.
    06-03-13 03:14 AM
    The best podcast app is the one called 'Podcasts'.
    I have "Podcasts", and paid for it, but I'm experiencing some problems with it.

1. It doesn't reliably delete saved podcasts after listening. I know this from listening to all saved podcasts and then checking the Podcasts directory on the SD card, finding many files still present.

2. If I don't have orientation lock on, the app can get stuck in landscape, sometimes with weird font distortion. If this happens (I can't make it happen on demand) the app becomes unresponsive.

3. New downloads are added to the top of the "Saved" queue, instead of the bottom. So if you download a new podcast before you've listened to all that are already saved, it doesn't get played automatically. To make the same point in different words, the "Saved" list doesn't function as a proper queue.

These aren't huge problems, but they are problems. I have Podcasts To Go too, and it's promising but needs enhancement. My model for a podcast app is the Android app PodKicker, which worked flawlessly, automatically downloading new episodes, deleting listened episodes, adding new downloads to a playlist queue and taking them off after deletion. In short, once I had it set up, everything happened no need for me to do anything but go to Playlist and press "play". It would pick up wherever it left off, in mid-episode or advancing to the next one in the playlist.

This is how a proper podcast app should work. Ideally, it should also deliver hub notifications when new episodes are available. Nobex does this, without having to be in an active frame, but it lacks too many other features.
    06-19-13 10:40 AM
    I tried Podcasts To Go, but when I tried to download an episode of one of the podcasts, the app freezes on the loading page. I've downloaded Nobex, but downloading episodes is painfully slow and it's not my WiFi network that's the issue. The podcast apps that are native to OS7 devices and the PlayBook worked well enough for me and I was surprised that there wasn't a similar app included with BB10. There are versions of Stitcher and BeyondPod that can be sideloaded, but the Stitcher BAR is outdated and the BeyondPod one is for the Lite version.
    Please report podcast that does not work to developer. He is improving app continuously.
    07-01-13 06:51 AM
    another option is to use bPod. Recently it got updated. It's a bit basic but it's free.

BlackBerry World - bPod
    t3d likes this.
    07-01-13 11:23 AM
    bPod was free a couple of weeks ago when I downloaded it but I can no longer find the app on my Z10. It must be because I formatted my media card and re-encrypted it. Anyway, now the app is 99c to re-download it.

On the iPhone, if you delete an app it's still marked in your iTunes as "purchased" so you can redownload it.
    10-22-13 03:23 PM
    Just downloaded the pay version and it's worth the 99cents. It could use a bit of refinement when doing searches, but the search feature on the pay version is better than the free version. It's worth it.

Blows Podcasts out of the water on options and features.

So far...
    02-14-14 01:51 PM
    The feature is the same on BB, as I just went to download an app and found I had already paid for it.

Just downloaded this too so I can verify bPod is available as free and pay.
    02-14-14 01:52 PM