I know there are several limitations currently barring developers from producing a perfect led app. My girlfriend has tried one or two in the past with lackluster results.

For anyone that has experience with these types of apps on BB10, what works best for you (reliability) ? What has the most options for colors and customization? BeBuzz, power tools, hub++, color id etc? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 10:34 AM
    Are you looking for headless apps? Or anyone?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 10:59 AM
    Are you looking for headless apps? Or anyone?

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't have to be headless. Just functional and reliable.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 11:19 AM
    I'm in the process of upgrading my app to include headless and LED support - you're correct on the reliability issues, it's one reason I haven't released the upgrade yet.

It's called Emergency Alert - Emergency Alert - BlackBerry World

Give me a shout and I can add you to the beta to try it out if you wish (there are known issues with the current beta however that I am addressing).
    FF22 likes this.
    02-22-14 12:26 PM
    I feel like the problem with EVERY LED app is that say your screen is off and you press the top button to see your messages (still on the lock screen) the LED does not go away unlike the Blackberry basic LED which turns off.
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    02-22-14 09:41 PM
    I've been using Color LED for a couple of months now and it's been terrific. Support is also great, and runs like a charm headless.

Posted via CB10
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    02-23-14 08:46 AM
    I was using BeBuzz, but have recently switched to Hub++.

I am really liking Hub++. I have custom alerts setup based on mail subject, and BeBuzz would sometimes not play the alert tone.

Hub++ works consistently, and it is also headless meaning you don't have to keep the app open for it to work.

It has 3 ways to dismiss the LED. You have the option for it to take over the Volume Up button, turn the phone face down, and/or peek at the hub to dismiss the LED.

I will say that the setup screens can be a little tough to figure out, but that might be because of the constrained screen space on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 09:10 AM