Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default RDIO app for BlackBerry 10

So, I was feeling confident during these past few days and I decided to email RDIO about BB10. I ask if they were going to develop for the new OS. Support replied with:

"Our developers will work to support all new major mobile operating system releases"

Pretty general reply, but I'll take it.

Thoughts?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm all for it. Almost sounds like they're taking a wait and see approach...
    BlackBerry -
    We invented the Smartphone Business...
    We're takin' it back!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had a similar chat with someone from Rdio about four or five months ago. Their BB app has always been awful and I had a discussion with one of their support people about it -- I asked them when they would support the Playbook, since they could probably port their Android app over (like Deezer has). He actually took a day to ask the software team, and came back to say they had no plans to support the Playbook. Maybe its just because they're skipping PB OS, and are focused on BB10... but I didn't get a positive vibe from it.

On the other hand, the 2.0 version of the iOS Rdio app seems really similar to UI features I've seen for BB10 (specifically, "peek"). Maybe a good sign if they've been inspired?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by submotion View Post
    I had a similar chat with someone from Rdio about four or five months ago. Their BB app has always been awful and I had a discussion with one of their support people about it -- I asked them when they would support the Playbook, since they could probably port their Android app over (like Deezer has). He actually took a day to ask the software team, and came back to say they had no plans to support the Playbook. Maybe its just because they're skipping PB OS, and are focused on BB10... but I didn't get a positive vibe from it.

On the other hand, the 2.0 version of the iOS Rdio app seems really similar to UI features I've seen for BB10 (specifically, "peek"). Maybe a good sign if they've been inspired?
    It's BB10 that's conforming to modern design trends, not the other way around. I'm sure the app will come in any case.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by itmccb View Post
    It's BB10 that's conforming to modern design trends, not the other way around. I'm sure the app will come in any case.
    Fair enough, I would be surprised if the folks at Rdio were sitting on their hands and saw the BB10 preview and said "now we have something to do"

That said, I've got iOS and Android devices - both phone and tablet - (Playbook too), and haven't come across anything that works in the same way the new 2.0 Rdio interface does (which is really well done in my books). The thing that did come to mind was the way the BB10 peek interface appears on video. Not the same thing exactly, but similar.

At any rate, if there are other Rdio users out there, I emailed in the other day again after this thread -- they said (predictably) that they won't comment on future development possibilities, but they are keeping track of interest. Send 'em an email...
    Thanked by:
    robkd (03-27-2013) 
    robkd likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Really looking forward to rdio on BB10. Just sent them an email and posted to help.rdio.com discussions to let them know.

I'm a music lover and a huge rdio evangelist. I know of at least 6 active rdio accounts that rdio can thank me for. Please rdio, be there. You will not regret it.
    Thanked by:
    robkd (12-28-2012) 
    robkd likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm a huge user of Rdio as well. I emailed them a few weeks ago to show my interest in a BB10 app. They said they would pass along my interest to their Blackberry team.

Perhaps if they have a blackberry team, it's a good sign they are/will be working on a bb10 version

I will be really disappointed if their is no native app for Rdio....
    8900 - 9800 - Playbook - Z10
    Thanked by:
    robkd (01-02-2013) 
    robkd and r0v3rT3N like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Has anyone tried to access the service via the BB10 browser?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default RDIO for BB10

An rdio app would be great. I would really miss Rdio if I couldn't have it.
    robkd likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

works via the browser
    CrackBerry Newbie

not sure where they got it from, but the Verge seems to think Rdio is there... BlackBerry shows off some of its 70,000 new third-party apps, including Skype, Rdio, Kindle, and Whatsapp | The Verge
    robkd likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Blackberry announced that Rdio will have an app on BB10! You can see the list of app partners here: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-wel...-blackberry-10.

I'm sure Rdio will block the user agent of BB10's browser any day now.
    robkd likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Doesn't feel like Rdio is anywhere near to throwing something out there. BlackBerry 10 App - ETA? - Rdio Help Center and Yet another BB10 Request - Rdio Help Center... maybe Rdio just has a policy of saying nothing until they have a release - but the language they're using (very recently) doesn't seem to suggest an option for BB10 is coming soon. The Deezer app works well enough. That said, the UI for Deezer (including desktop) isn't nearly as nice as what Rdio offers... on the other hand, when it comes to BB10 - Deezer is at least offering "something".
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Yeah, this is really pissing me off.
    Don't announce that you're supporting a platform and then completely dismiss questions about when you might actually get around to getting the *only deliverable* of that "support" to your customers. Unless by "supporting BlackBerry 10" they meant pasting canned responses into their support requests - I guess that's technically "support".
    robkd likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

After reading around the forum, maybe Rdio is waiting for an update to the Android SDK. If that's the case, they could maybe message it that way (why is it so hard to just be clear these days?), and also it would be a bit disappointing since the Rdio 2.0 mobile app would fit perfectly within a native BB10 design...

I initially started with Rdio because they included BlackBerry support, so I voted with my dollar and stuck with them even as other options appeared. Getting a bit long now though...

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Better late to the party than not showing up at all
    Sent from My Brain to My Fingers to You across the vastness of the internet.

Owner of the First Z10 sold in Canada.
    If you see typos, it's because I didn't post from my Z10.
    Blackberry 10 GTA V Crew thread BB10 crew in effect!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I really enjoy RDIO and would love to see it on BB10. This Rdio help center post appears to be the most active in regard to this topic. Anyone that wants this should post here to show rdio there's some real demand for this app:

BlackBerry 10 App - ETA? - Rdio Help Center
    Thanked by:
    robkd (03-07-2013) 
    robkd likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I really hope Rdio for BB10 arrives soon, and it's not a stupid Android port. Rdio is the only decent streaming service in Canada and I'd love to have it on my Z10.
    robkd likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

I kind of like slacker. Have you tried it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

I'm working on a custom Rdio player for BB10. Will post any updates here.

Posted via CB10
    f forte.fm: An Rdio client for BB10
    Vist http://forte.fm/ in your BB10 web browser.
    Release thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8274508
    Thanked by:
    robkd (03-20-2013) 
    submotion likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I tried Deezer's free trial and I don't like the interface on BB10. I also have all my saved albums and Playlists on Rdio that took me over a year to put together.

I've been hoping the app will be ready for the US launch, since thats their core market... we shall see.

btw, the Slacker Radio app interface is great. I've been using it a lot lately. I just wish they would integrate with the Play/Pause hardware button.
    CrackBerry Newbie

You would be my hero.
    CrackBerry Newbie

From BlackBerry's latest press release:

Today, Amazon Kindle, OpenTable and The Wall Street Journal are available to BlackBerry 10 customers and in the coming weeks CNN, The Daily Show Headlines, eBay, eMusic, Maxim, MLB at Bat, MTV News, Pageonce, PGA, Rdio, Skype, Soundhound and Viber will be available for download or purchase.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Page once is an android port

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

If your app works well... I'd buy it, plus switch back to Rdio. Not that one user will pay your bills... but I'm sure you could work in a few neat features that even people without a soft spot for small developers would pay for

Quote Originally Posted by developit View Post
    I'm working on a custom Rdio player for BB10. Will post any updates here.

Posted via CB10
    robkd likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast