I just noticed the update to the RBC app (for us Canadians) I figured I'd start a new thread since it's a big update with NFC payments (if you have Bell or virgin for now) I was told they are working to make it work for all carriers but there's no time table yet. It also adds notifications as well

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 01:15 PM
    On Telus here and received the update. I see that the notifications are being integrated however i don't see the NFC payments! Hopefully it won't be too long.
    09-19-14 01:46 PM
    Great thanks!

PS It's always a nice idea for this kind of thread to post a screenshot of the changelog from BB World. I'll grab one...

EDIT:
    Sorry, I see there's no proper changelog posted in BB World.
    09-19-14 01:48 PM
    I just noticed the update to the RBC app (for us Canadians) I figured I'd start a new thread since it's a big update with NFC payments (if you have Bell or virgin for now) I was told they are working to make it work for all carriers but there's no time table yet. It also adds notifications as well

Posted via CB10
    Does it require a specific credit card or is it linked directly to your RBC bank account?

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    09-19-14 04:09 PM
    Were you able to get the wallet function to show? I did the update and have had my NFC sim card installed for over a month, but I don't have the wallet anywhere.
    09-19-14 04:09 PM
    If you don't have an nfc card then the app crashes on startup if you have NFC turned on. We'll done RBC . I've so many stupid issues with this bank can't wait until after my mortgage is up so I can start looking around.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 04:57 PM
    If you don't have an nfc card then the app crashes on startup if you have NFC turned on. We'll done RBC . I've so many stupid issues with this bank can't wait until after my mortgage is up so I can start looking around.

Posted via CB10
    It really doesn't, I am on Rogers with no NFC on ect and it works fine has been since it came out.

Posted via CB10
    Baked likes this.
    09-19-14 09:08 PM
    Does it require a specific credit card or is it linked directly to your RBC bank account?

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    My understanding is its linked to your debt card

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:09 PM
    If you look at the reviews on BlackBerry World it looks like more people are having the issue than not.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:28 PM
    For those having problem, you need a secure SIM card from Bell or Virgin, a Z10 or Z30 and NFC has to be switched on.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:39 PM
    For those having problem, you need a secure SIM card from Bell or Virgin, a Z10 or Z30 and NFC has to be switched on.

Posted via CB10
    The isn't not having a specific sim, the issue is that if you don't have the sim the app crashes if you have NFC turned on. For example I want my nfc turned on cause I use it with the tim Horton's app, but right now I have to turn off nfc every time I need to open the Rbc app. This isn't about our phones not having the correct sim it's about the Rbc having a significant bug.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 09:49 PM
    The isn't not having a specific sim, the issue is that if you don't have the sim the app crashes if you have NFC turned on. For example I want my nfc turned on cause I use it with the tim Horton's app, but right now I have to turn off nfc every time I need to open the Rbc app. This isn't about our phones not having the correct sim it's about the Rbc having a significant bug.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm interesting to know... as I have already the secure sim so I didn't know the app crashes.

However I was talking about those having the issue with "wallet" not showing up

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 11:07 PM
    I think it's goes by the NFC sim not the carrier. I tested turning NFC on and it didn't crash. I'm on Rogers and I have the Rogers NFC sim card.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 08:25 AM
    RBC app is back with version 1.4... and wallet is back too.

Still a bit slow to start the wallet, but it works

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    09-29-14 09:30 PM
    RBC app is back with version 1.4... and wallet is back too.

Still a bit slow to start the wallet, but it works

Posted via CB10
    I've the latest 1.4. I'm on Koodo with NFC enabled sim. I can't see the wallet in the app. Does this mean I need to be on bell or virgin to see the wallet?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 12:23 PM
    I've the latest 1.4. I'm on Koodo with NFC enabled sim. I can't see the wallet in the app. Does this mean I need to be on bell or virgin to see the wallet?

Posted via CB10
    Just confirmed it. It need to be bell or virgin. Put my old inactive bell sim and the wallet option shows up whereas with my koodo sim, it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 12:36 PM
    Any experience with Q10 and the wallet? The information seems to say it is Z10 or Z30 only.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:41 AM
    Any experience with Q10 and the wallet? The information seems to say it is Z10 or Z30 only.
    I have the RBC Mobile Banking app on the Z30 on Bell.

I cannot get past the Wallet sign in screen. I get a message saying to call RBC on a 1-800 #. Which I did... and they acknowledge this is a known issue. They set me up with a "ticket" and said I should wait for them to call me back. That was 14 days ago. No call. So I called them on Friday. They said there has been no update yet... but the team is working on it. Grrr...

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 11:07 AM
    I e-mailed RBC last week asking about support for the Q5. They responded saying none of the Blackberry devices are currently supported but they are working on it.

Here is an excerpt from the message:

I've reviewed this and the reason why you don't have the option for the wallet on your phone is because the App hasn't yet been updated to include BlackBerry devices as a supported option at this time. Please accept my apologies about this, as I can see you are eager to try out this exciting new payment option to make things more convenient.

Here's the full list of supported phones that are currently compatible with the Mobile Wallet feature:

Samsung Galaxy S III running at least Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
    Samsung Galaxy S4 running at least Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
    Samsung Galaxy Note II running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or lower
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running at least Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    LG G2 running at least Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    Sony Xperia Z running at least Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    Sony Xperia Z1 running at least Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    Sony Xperia Z2 running at least Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    Sony Xperia ZL running at least Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    HTC One (M7) running at least Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
    HTC One (M8) running at least Android 4.4 KitKat.

As of right now I don't have an ETA on when BlackBerry devices may be supported by this service, but we hope that more devices will be added to this list in the future. Due to this, my advice would be to visit our website for updates and I'll provide a link to where the currently supported devices are shown, which are updated all the time as new devices are supported.
    11-17-14 03:30 PM
    RBC Update-img_20141117_170215.png
    RBC Update-img_20141117_170841.png

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:16 PM
    I just had a call from RBC saying the "Wallet" feature won't work cuz my phone wasn't a "Bell" device originally. It was originally a Telus phone but I asked Telus to unlock it and then switched to Bell.

She said they "may" upgrade the app later but now it only works with Z10's & Z30's sold by Bell, not unlocked from another company with a Bell sim card (Yes, it's a Bell nfc sim card, but still, no dice.)

I did complain about that saying I'd never heard of any apps that won't work on unlocked phones. That didn't impress her.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 03:44 PM
    Hey guys...

UPDATE

I upgraded my z30 to 10.3.1.1154 on the weekend. Today, for a lark, I thought, why not see if I can get the RBC Wallet to work.

Back in November, I tried but it wouldn't work. My phone was on 10.2.1.3062 back then. I called the RBC 1-800# and they set up a "support ticket" for me. After about 3 weeks of looking into it, they concluded that it wasn't working cuz my Z30 is an unlocked device that was previously locked to Telus.

Well, long story short is I'll be tapping my Z30 on tappable pay terminals till the cows come home!

Woohoo! Way to go BlackBerry!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 04:54 PM
    Also RBC is testing and will release it later this year their app will be able to do mobile payments across all carriers which will be sweet and the first bank to do that

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/12/23/rb...ation-support/

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:10 PM