Does anyone know if bb10 will have quick launch?

Also does the q10 or z10 have a programmable convenience key on the side like the older styles?
    03-20-13 10:17 PM
    I love QuickLaunch on my Bold. But since I can't get my hands on a Z10 here for another week, it's hard to say if I'll miss something like that on BB10.

The whole point of Quicklaunch was using the menu key and trackpad. I'm not sure that UI makes much sense on the BB10 touch UI.
    03-20-13 10:29 PM
    No quick launch perse. But with two swipes you can access all your apps. So prob the same amount of work it took on my torch. I'd have to press and hold menu and then use the track pad. Now it's swipe up and swipe left.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-20-13 10:32 PM
    No quick launch perse. But with two swipes you can access all your apps. So prob the same amount of work it took on my torch. I'd have to press and hold menu and then use the track pad. Now it's swipe up and swipe left.
    Quicklaunch did a lot more than that. I would frequently use it as a shortcut to lots of things, like call a friend with 2 clicks, or pull up device status in 2 clicks. Etc.
    03-20-13 10:56 PM
    I loved the many abilities QuickLaunch gave me on my 9800, then 9900. That said, Since I've had my Z', I haven't really missed it. Everything is pretty quickly available.
    03-21-13 08:51 AM
    I am pretty sure that ShortcutMe is out for BB10 which was QuickLaunch's main competitor. Might want to look into it. The creator is extremely active on the forums here.
    03-21-13 09:01 AM
    Shortcuts is a macro generator, and really doesn't do the same thing or as easily as QL. QL allows you to quickly set up a user-defined top-level menu/folder system so I can not only launch apps but access my categorized urls, phonebook (hate speed dial- can't remember and it's max items), etc with a couple of clicks (no trackpad needed, but love to use it) and without having to open apps. It is my single holdout (maybe including PocketInformant) for getting q10. When last contacted, the developer wasn't keen on OS10. Maybe if enough of you pester them @ nikkisoft.com they might come around. My primo tool!!!
    03-28-13 12:14 PM
    Shortcuts is a macro generator, and really doesn't do the same thing or as easily as QL. QL allows you to quickly set up a user-defined top-level menu/folder system so I can not only launch apps but access my categorized urls, phonebook (hate speed dial- can't remember and it's max items), etc with a couple of clicks (no trackpad needed, but love to use it) and without having to open apps. It is my single holdout (maybe including PocketInformant) for getting q10. When last contacted, the developer wasn't keen on OS10. Maybe if enough of you pester them @ nikkisoft.com they might come around. My primo tool!!!
    Sorry for the late reply but I wanted to let you know that ShortcutMe does exactly what you are asking for. The macros came in later editions, but it started off as just app or contact shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:54 PM
    You may be right, but everything on site, youtube and BW is selling having to set up thru macroing vs just creating folder tree to access urls, phone #s, etc. Website says os7 last version supported and no mention of z10. I'll keep my eye out tho: thanks
    03-30-13 11:40 AM