Bought mine on my iphone for 99 cents a while ago and when i entered my phone number and got a popup saying i had a lifetime service.

Sent from my Z10
    03-13-13 05:31 PM
    Bro it's 99 cents for a lifetime, can we txt with our unlimited txt plan to say Mexico?? Not mine that's when whasapp come into play...

Sent from my Z10
    usually 99 cents a year, but still i give beggars more on the street
    reggiebennett and NightSlayer like this.
    03-13-13 05:31 PM
    Tempted to re-install, but I currently have 'Lifetime service' - the Yorkshire man in me doesn't want to risk having to pay a yearly sub....
    Don't worry about it your life time service is tied to your number, the only way you could lose it is if you change your phone number...

Sent from my Z10
    03-13-13 05:33 PM
    It's 99c, how can you go wrong? I'm guessing that you pay more than that a day on coffee. So one coffee a year gets you whatsapp.
    03-13-13 05:34 PM
    After I rebooted my Z10. My contact list is now empty. What ever is left in Favourites, it shows only the statuses and have no names.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 05:41 PM
    *99c a year

Like i said before i bought whatsapp on ios for 99 cents and the service was for a life time... And since the service is tied to your phone number i still get my life time sub no matter what device i use... Maybe they changed the prices but at the time it was a one time 99 fee...

Sent from my Z10
    03-13-13 05:48 PM
    I may have read wrong, but I thought I got a message saying it was free for a month, and then 0.99$ per year after that.

Checking in BlackBerry World now, I get the old not for this device message again, though it says installed.

I also lost my notification tab with the last OS update, so I get the flashing LED, and sound that I've got a new message, but no access to it from my hub. I imagine everyone who lost their notification tab is also complaining about no hub integration.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 05:53 PM
    Re-installed and now whatsapp is working. With new message alert in Notifications. Left to be seen is whether new message works for groups.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:02 PM
    Here are a few issues that I've noticed:

- Not fully integrated into the Hub (like Twitter or Facebook is for example)

- Contacts list populating unreliable (especially after a restart of the Z10 where some contacts disappear and some are added randomly - this may not be a WhatsApp problem but rather a BlackBerry contacts app problem as BlackBerry Contacts is HORRIBLE)

- Contacts' photos don't all appear within the app

- There should be a WhatsApp header at the top of the main pages within the app so that we know what program we're in! Lol

- Doesn't show a WhatsApp symbol on lock screen when msg received

Hopefully we'll get these issues resolved with the next update!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:06 PM
    Can't attach picture on whatsapp chat. I tried from the chat windows. Couldn't. When I went to Pictures, there isn't a share option for whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:14 PM
    If you need to connect with someone in Mexico, there are other FREE apps (i feel like I'm repeating myself?) out there that will allow you to IM all over the place, regardless of location.

And $0.99 for lifetime, for year, sure it's not a lot of money. But it's just another example of someone charging for what others provide for free. I don't see why this was a huge app for BB10 to get. It was crap on the older berries and from the sound of the "Whatsapp problems" threads popping up it's still crap now. Get a free alternative, save your $0.99/year, and buy yourself that extra coffee. Nickel and diming is a term for a reason. $0.99 X (number of people who buy redundant app) = stupid profit for spitting out an app that is available free in other iterations.

Not trolling, I just don't understand why anyone would want this. So many better choices, and if you're a regular Crackberrian, you should know about them already.
    03-13-13 06:16 PM
    I could not auth it at first try. What likely solved it for me was to enter my phone number in one piece. So, without any spaces or brackets in it. I fest entered it as

+49 123 4567890

It worked when I changed it to

+49 1234567890

Give it a try.
    03-13-13 06:23 PM
    If no one on your list uses it, I doubt you may ever see what the rest of the community sees as the hype then...... but hang in there, it may come to you still
    Haha...it works similar to bbm, I know how it works,...just don't see it being that popular or a deal breaker app for z10...just polled FB friends 4 of 450 people using, most said they use to but got rid of it

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    03-13-13 07:33 PM
    Something tell me that if the Z10 catches on .. like I hope, people will be using bbm, not Whatsapp

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    03-13-13 07:35 PM
    A whole dollar a year!!!! something tells me that if you have a Z10 THEN A DOLLAR A YEAR IS A DROP IN THE BUCKET
    Problem is they are getting one time payment .99$ for up to 5 devices on iOS (not sure about andeoid device count) but same .99 for lifetime but it was (and still is) .99 for a year...

(I activated my account on iphone so I now have unlimited account)

Yes I've money to pay lifetime $1s annually... BUT! Where's business ethic?
    03-13-13 07:41 PM
    This isn't the place to discuss whatsapp. There's a whole forum section dedicated to apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:46 PM
    Lifetime subscription here. Don't know why, I didn't do anything different

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:54 PM
    Can't attach picture on whatsapp chat. I tried from the chat windows. Couldn't. When I went to Pictures, there isn't a share option for whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    works for me no problem. try restarting/reinstalling
    03-13-13 11:16 PM
    I just did. Not successful.

How does one go back to amend the permission given to whatsapp?

works for me no problem. try restarting/reinstalling
    Done. Changed permission setting to agree to all, and it now works!
    Last edited by pandapurple; 03-13-13 at 11:51 PM.
    03-13-13 11:40 PM
    This is just bullll......i am unable to get the upgraded Os cause it keep telling me I have the latest one already which is not cause its the 10.0.10.261 I have.....and without the new and upgraded Os I can't install whatsapp......This is very lame and poor
    03-14-13 05:53 PM
    After I rebooted my Z10. My contact list is now empty. What ever is left in Favourites, it shows only the statuses and have no names.

Posted via CB10
    yeah sooo annoying...come in Whatsapp fix this quick!!

I don't think a reinstall fixes this...just have to keep refreshing the list until all the names comes back

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    03-15-13 02:31 AM
    As below, problems with contacts, quick delete and install and it was fixed!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 03:18 AM
    yeah sooo annoying...come in Whatsapp fix this quick!!

I don't think a reinstall fixes this...just have to keep refreshing the list until all the names comes back

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    If we do too many times in an hour, we'd get a message from WhatsApp to try again later. LOL!
    03-15-13 06:03 AM
    I have no problem at all. It works right after installation. Like the active frame last message view

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 08:26 AM
    I keep getting these messages in the hub on my z10 from whatsapp saying something along the lines of "Internal message (with what looks like a blackberry PIN) You can safely delete this message" They're quite annoying since I get about 5-10 of them in an hour. Any ideas if there's some way to stop them?
    03-15-13 09:22 AM
103 1234 ...