Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree1Likes
  1. BusyDeveloper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Private Camera app (silence camera and hide media)

    Hey guys,

    Blackberry have just approved one my apps which might be useful to some of you.

    It allows you to silently record videos and silently capture photos and store these videos and photos in a hidden folder. You can choose to have a password to access these files so nobody else but you can access them.

    If you have a video or photo (or list of files) in your public (pictures/videos) folder which you want to make private you can select "share to" Private Camera and the file(s) will be moved to your Private folder only accessible by you using your password (if you enable security in settings).

    This application is built natively and offers Blackberry 10 (cascades) style UI throughout. The app allows you to view your private videos or photos in a thumbnail list where you can select to delete or view in your native Video or Photo viewer app, the file remains private unless you select "save as" to save a copy elsewhere on your device making the file public. You can also use the Blackberry 10 share feature when viewing your private files in case you need to share to Facebook etc.

    If you need to delete all your photos and videos in an emergency you can swipe down anywhere in the app and select delete - enter password and all files will be gone instantly.

    Private Camera supports video and photo files currently but we will be adding support for various other file types soon.

    Download it from app world - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/25279906

    Thanks for reading.
    Thanked by:
    RichardAitch (03-24-2013) 
  2. BergerKing's Avatar

    Posts
    29,826 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,009 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement
    #2  

    Default

    Well, as much as you see folks hollering for an app such as this, it should be popular. Thanks for developing and I'll bump it for others to find.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
    Thanked by:
    RichardAitch (03-24-2013) 
  3. BusyDeveloper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Thanks, it would be nice to see a few downloads.
  4. bobo616's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    993 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I am interested but I would like to see some screen shots if possible and can you organise the photos and videos in folders in the app?

    Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
  5. PH1L's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    101 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Why can't BlackBerry just have an option in their native camera app to silence the camera? I don't want to have two camera applications one for only silent and one for "regular" use. The native camera app on the Z10 is fantastic, everything runs smooth. Don't tell me it's a privacy thing, as I've heard that before, because all other phones are able to take silent videos and pictures.

    Posted via CB10
  6. BusyDeveloper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Thanks for the comments,

    I honestly don't know why Blackberry has to have annoying sounds when capturing video or photos. I just know how to solve it. I will sort some screenshots out later.

    I knew if I were to make this app the camera/video camera had to be very similar to native camera app otherwise people wouldn't like using it. That's what I have done - they both have focus control and flash(light) enable/disable option in camera view. You just touch the screen to capture/stop capturing.

    If there is enough interest I will go much further with this like having the option to hide the camera view altogether when capturing (added privacy), creating folders (currently just has a seperate images/videos folder to answer a question).

    It's an app that I will use - so I know it's useful!
  7. bobo616's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    993 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BusyDeveloper View Post
    Thanks for the comments,

    I honestly don't know why Blackberry has to have annoying sounds when capturing video or photos. I just know how to solve it. I will sort some screenshots out later.

    I knew if I were to make this app the camera/video camera had to be very similar to native camera app otherwise people wouldn't like using it. That's what I have done - they both have focus control and flash(light) enable/disable option in camera view. You just touch the screen to capture/stop capturing.

    If there is enough interest I will go much further with this like having the option to hide the camera view altogether when capturing (added privacy), creating folders (currently just has a seperate images/videos folder to answer a question).

    It's an app that I will use - so I know it's useful!
    Thanks, disappointing you can't have folders as I don't just want all my photos together so I will hold off from getting this until this is added as I'm not fussed about the silent camera function.

    Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
  8. defyance's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    78 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Queue hundreds of wife's finding their husbands up skirt folder.

    Posted via CB10
    earlym likes this.
  9. bobauckland's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,217 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Does this app take screenshots or full res pics?
    Thanks
  10. BusyDeveloper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobauckland View Post
    Does this app take screenshots or full res pics?
    Thanks
    Don't understand your question - do you mean does it take screenshots as part of it's function or does it take screenshots instead of high res pics?

    It saves proper jpeg images after capturing with silent camera which are saved in private folder but could be shared or saved elsewhere later.
  11. bobauckland's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,217 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BusyDeveloper View Post
    Don't understand your question - do you mean does it take screenshots as part of it's function or does it take screenshots instead of high res pics?

    It saves proper jpeg images after capturing with silent camera which are saved in private folder but could be shared or saved elsewhere later.
    Thanks for your reply, what I mean is does it actually take a picture with the camera and save it as an 8 mega pixel image or does it just take a screen shot of the viewfinder where the image is saved as per the resolution of the device screen.

    Posted via CB10
    Intergalactic superhero... Powers stronger around a red sun...
  12. BusyDeveloper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobauckland View Post
    Thanks for your reply, what I mean is does it actually take a picture with the camera and save it as an 8 mega pixel image or does it just take a screen shot of the viewfinder where the image is saved as per the resolution of the device screen.

    Posted via CB10
    No, it's a proper jpeg image as if capturing from native camera - no screenshot of viewfinder or anything like that.
  13. black hole's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    221 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BusyDeveloper View Post
    Hey guys,

    Blackberry have just approved one my apps which might be useful to some of you.

    It allows you to silently record videos and silently capture photos and store these videos and photos in a hidden folder. You can choose to have a password to access these files so nobody else but you can access them.

    If you have a video or photo (or list of files) in your public (pictures/videos) folder which you want to make private you can select "share to" Private Camera and the file(s) will be moved to your Private folder only accessible by you using your password (if you enable security in settings).

    This application is built natively and offers Blackberry 10 (cascades) style UI throughout. The app allows you to view your private videos or photos in a thumbnail list where you can select to delete or view in your native Video or Photo viewer app, the file remains private unless you select "save as" to save a copy elsewhere on your device making the file public. You can also use the Blackberry 10 share feature when viewing your private files in case you need to share to Facebook etc.

    If you need to delete all your photos and videos in an emergency you can swipe down anywhere in the app and select delete - enter password and all files will be gone instantly.

    Private Camera supports video and photo files currently but we will be adding support for various other file types soon.

    Download it from app world - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25279906

    Thanks for reading.
    Can you pls post a link to the proper one in appworld...or mention your company name...There are a few there if I remember right, but yours sounds better!


    Is there a trial run?...I'm more inclined to buy if I can try it first

    Posted via CB10
  14. Smartie020's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    742 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    So I can access my pics from the native picture/camera app by click on the folder and prompted for a password??
  15. BusyDeveloper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie020 View Post
    So I can access my pics from the native picture/camera app by click on the folder and prompted for a password??
    No, the files are stored privately within the app so can only be accessed through the application itself which will prompt you for a password. (what you can do though is transfer any public media in your gallery and make it private by choosing share to Private Camera).

    Also, just to let people know that an update is available for the app which adds screen blackout option (so nobody knows you are recording a video or taking a picture) and adds also zoom control to both camera and video camera.

    The app is made by Simply Apps.

    Thankfully the app has been well received so far - a few 5 star reviews.

    Let me know of any more improvements you can think of and I will add these too.

    thank you.
  16. bobo616's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    993 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BusyDeveloper View Post
    No, the files are stored privately within the app so can only be accessed through the application itself which will prompt you for a password. (what you can do though is transfer any public media in your gallery and make it private by choosing share to Private Camera).

    Also, just to let people know that an update is available for the app which adds screen blackout option (so nobody knows you are recording a video or taking a picture) and adds also zoom control to both camera and video camera.

    The app is made by Simply Apps.

    Thankfully the app has been well received so far - a few 5 star reviews.

    Let me know of any more improvements you can think of and I will add these too.

    thank you.
    The ability to create different folders for the photos and videos would make me buy this.


    Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
  17. BusyDeveloper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobo616 View Post
    The ability to create different folders for the photos and videos would make me buy this.



    Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    Thanks bobo616 - just to be clear, the images and videos are separated in to different folders - (there not just lumped together) but creating new folders within the images and videos folders themselves is a feature ill be working on soon.
  18. bobo616's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    959 Posts
    Global Posts
    993 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BusyDeveloper View Post
    Thanks bobo616 - just to be clear, the images and videos are separated in to different folders - (there not just lumped together) but creating new folders within the images and videos folders themselves is a feature ill be working on soon.
    Thanks that's great news. I assume the app stores these photos on the device and not the sd card or can you choose?

    Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
  19. BusyDeveloper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobo616 View Post
    Thanks that's great news. I assume the app stores these photos on the device and not the sd card or can you choose?

    Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    no, it stores it on device memory but you can move the file to anywhere you like by just viewing the file and choosing share or save as but then you wouldn't have password protection!
  20. BusyDeveloper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default

    Hey guys,

    Just wanted to let everybody know that Private Camera now comes with a timer by swiping down in camera or video camera view. You can set when to start recording a video or capturing images and for how long to record for or how many images to capture.

    Support for Q10 devices has also been added.
  21. jaspal singh2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Is there a way to select multiple files at once and share/save? If you take a lot of pics at a presentation or something without shutter sound, it will be a tedious task moving them to a computer or something since the folder doesn't show up...
  22. BusyDeveloper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaspal singh2 View Post
    Is there a way to select multiple files at once and share/save? If you take a lot of pics at a presentation or something without shutter sound, it will be a tedious task moving them to a computer or something since the folder doesn't show up...
    Good point - I'll start working on multi select this weekend.

    Just to let everyone know Private Camera now has the option to hide the camera & video camera view with screen full of scrollable text (and blackout screen option has been added also) so it looks like your reading when actually capturing. Also you can now use the volume buttons to capture.

    Reviews have been excellent - thanks for all the 5 star reviews - it makes all the effort worth it.
  23. Oai Truong's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #23  

    Default Can't launch recorded video

    I have recorded a few test videos and they launch/view fine but the one that I actually need does not launch, any ideas?
  24. Oai Truong's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #24  

    Default File browser

    Also, if I connect my BB to a computer, can I browse to a video's file or is it completely hidden somewhere?
  25. BusyDeveloper's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oai Truong View Post
    Also, if I connect my BB to a computer, can I browse to a video's file or is it completely hidden somewhere?
    No, you cannot browse the files via a pc - this ensures compete privacy for your files.

    I can't understand why the file won't launch but rest of your files will, have you tried sharing the file? (hold the thumbnail for a couple of seconds).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Silence camera shutter app for 9780?
    By Dayvidpriddy in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 06:02 AM
  2. Silence camera shutter app for 9780?
    By Dayvidpriddy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 06:02 AM
  3. traffic camera app for NY and NJ?
    By jblicharz in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 06:27 PM
  4. traffic camera app for NY and NJ?
    By jblicharz in forum Storm 3rd Party Apps
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 06:27 PM
  5. Can I silence dialing and/or camera?
    By Blackbeard in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xx
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 09:24 PM

Posting Permissions