I don't think people are disputing the fact that face to face social interaction is a necessity for a healthy lifestyle. That's a given. However, you ignored the fact that he said social media is an EXTENSION to his social life. That's perfectly normal in this day in age, and not some symptom of an underlying social or behavioral disorder. So how is he "wrong" again?
    I addressed the very first sentence in his statement. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Because he stated that the face-to-face interaction idea is "played out".
    It is not, and that statement is wrong.

You can argue any other point that you wish. That's up to you.
    10-07-13 07:33 AM
    I addressed the very first sentence in his statement. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Because he stated that the face-to-face interaction idea is "played out".
    It is not, and that statement is wrong.

You can argue any other point that you wish. That's up to you.
    Edited to argue that point

Not disagreeing with face to face interaction being a necessity. Disagreeing with the pretentious or misinformed people that claim anyone with a social media account is devoid of a personal social life (not saying this is you necessarily).

Posted from my ZED10
    10-07-13 07:41 AM
    P.s, if you find a social network boring, it probably says a lot about your social life
    I think you need to get outside more.

Posted via CB10
    cheadlender likes this.
    10-07-13 07:50 AM
    Edited to argue that point

Not disagreeing with face to face interaction being a necessity. Disagreeing with the pretentious or misinformed people that claim anyone with a social media account is devoid of a personal social life (not saying this is you necessarily).
    Thank you.
    Because I never said anything like that at all. I appreciate it.
    I just personally prefer human contact.
    Which is one of the reasons why I don't need or use Instagram.
    I believe in personal freedom, so I continue to state...
    But to those that can't live without Instagram... More power to you.
    I can't hate on that.
    But, I will say this, I'm also in no rush to use, beg for, or try to up-sell Instagram.
    I personally don't say great things about those who publicly and intentionally do not support me or something I like.
    Namely, BlackBerry 10.
    But, others have that prerogative.

Enjoy!
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    10-07-13 07:50 AM
    I find Facebook and Instagram (and social media apps of the same ilk) all to cater to an inner narcissistic behavior and desire to have someone want other people who are for the most part irrelevant to their actual and real social circle to like them. It stems from an un-admitted desire to be accepted, liked and popular all while not having the fear of rejection and social bloopers that come with real group socializing and interaction. Facebook is less so than instagram because the content one posts is reserved for “friends”, but both for the most part have the same flaw which also makes them addictive. They broadcast your thoughts, feelings and experiences to a mass audience in hopes of attracting accepting remarks to reinforce one’s self interests. When people click the like button it feeds that desire and perpetuates it further.

This is why apps like these are incredibly popular with adolescence and females (of most any age group) as IMO it's this group that value peir acceptance far more then other demographics. As a middle aged guy, I could care less if people like what I like or find what I do interesting or otherwise, I also don't have any desire to share what I do or see with people I don't care for and trust..... but I don't represent the majority of the demographic that would use services like Instagram. I would also go so far as to generalize most guys like me, would rather get together with a small group of their close buddies and share what they need to share in that environment, while drinking beer.

As for Instagram, I always say......People love to be liked, even if it’s not real …..
    10-07-13 08:10 AM
    Well all I have ever used is LinkedIn, and that's just because of work. Never had Facebook, Twitter, Ig any others. I created a BlackBerry channel, and after a day I found it kinda pointless too. I use bbm with my family and others can text if they need me. Maybe I'm just too busy to waste my time with all that social media.

Posted via CB10
    dalight13 likes this.
    10-07-13 09:23 AM
    Well all I have ever used is LinkedIn, and that's just because of work. Never had Facebook, Twitter, Ig any others. I created a BlackBerry channel, and after a day I found it kinda pointless too. I use bbm with my family and others can text if they need me. Maybe I'm just too busy to waste my time with all that social media.

Posted via CB10
    That's understandable. I look at Instagram as a scrapbook with a social aspect to it.

Actually, I created a private BBM Channel just so I can "blog" different moments or things. Only have 1 subscriber until some of my friends get the BBM with Channels.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 09:59 AM
    I kind of feel that way about BBM on my iPhone.
    This isnt iMore buds. Must be using apple maps....
    cheadlender likes this.
    10-07-13 10:00 AM
    Well, sorry popular person! I follow a fair few people on it. They only ever upload selfies. Nothing like Flickr! That is a much better photography site.

Sorry for voicing my opinion on a forum, I shall not have an opinion anymore!

Posted via CB10
    Instagram and Flickr serves different purposes.

Instagram is a social networking service that is image oriented. It's like microblogging or twitter with photos instead of text. People post selfies on instagram, facebook, or even twitpics, it's meant to be like that.

Flickr is more photography oriented to show off your work. Not to mention it supports higher resolution and higher quality uploads too. It's a totally different game compared to Instagram.

You didn't like the fact that people only upload selfies on Instagram, but there's nothing wrong with selfies on instagram. It gets more annoying with people uploading nonsense and rubbish photos on Flickr.

p/s: I use both Instagram (personal stuffs) and Flickr (my own photography works).
    Rowan M likes this.
    10-08-13 10:08 AM
34 12