I tried several times to set up geofencing on Z30, but it does not work. I specified few actions when outside or within of predetermined radius but no success. Is there any trick I have not yet discovered?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 08:11 PM
    Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 10:55 AM
    Yes. Make sure that the address is the location. Sometimes places are not located where their address indicates them to be. In that case adjust the radius to compensate or set it to be the location you're in when you're at that location. It is important to set the radius large enough to cover your travel around the location though. Walking around you may go in and out the defined areas.

Also be sure that the address IN the location name is the address of the location you want. It's easy to confuse the address in the location name with the address inside that named location.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 12:27 PM
    And of course there is the standard make sure go's is turned on in your settings.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 12:28 PM
    Make sure you enable location service permissions and set the radius big enough.'
    Also if Power Tools background app is not running then it will not work. You can run Power Tools to force the background app to load.
    08-19-14 04:31 PM
    I changed the radius from 20m to 100m and it did turn on the Bluetooth when I got about this far from home. However, the dev stated that it doesn't turn on or off WiFi so the usefulness of this app is very limited for me. What I wanted is not to have to remember to turn on the Bluetooth and turn off the WiFi when I leave home and reverse this when I arrive at the office. Too bad.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 08:46 PM
    I changed the radius from 20m to 100m and it did turn on the Bluetooth when I got about this far from home. However, the dev stated that it doesn't turn on or off WiFi so the usefulness of this app is very limited for me. What I wanted is not to have to remember to turn on the Bluetooth and turn off the WiFi when I leave home and reverse this when I arrive at the office. Too bad.

Posted via CB10
    the problem is with the BlackBerry API. They allow to turn on wifi but not off. BlackBerry said it is a security issue and doesn't want devs to turn off wifi. They allow this on BBOS7 so I don't understand their logic.
    08-20-14 09:29 PM
    A little off topic but is there such a thing as 'phone-fencing'. Where a phone would detect another phone near it. Not to connect or share but then change profiles.

In my work I may have supervisory visits at any time. While I have audible profiles normally during work, having silent/vibrating profiles during visits is generally preferable. It would sure be nice to have that change automatically.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 07:36 AM
    A little off topic but is there such a thing as 'phone-fencing'. Where a phone would detect another phone near it. Not to connect or share but then change profiles.

In my work I may have supervisory visits at any time. While I have audible profiles normally during work, having silent/vibrating profiles during visits is generally preferable. It would sure be nice to have that change automatically.

Posted via CB10
    It's possible with bluetooth scanning but you need to set that up ahead of time so the app can detect when the phone is in range.
    08-21-14 09:15 AM
    It's possible with bluetooth scanning but you need to set that up ahead of time so the app can detect when the phone is in range.
    So would I need to connect with that phone via Bluetooth or could I just identify it when it's nearby?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 06:24 PM
    So would I need to connect with that phone via Bluetooth or could I just identify it when it's nearby?

Posted via CB10
    You can't connect to the phone unless the phone allows you first. The app can just scan for it.
    08-23-14 10:21 AM