Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10

Posta for Gmail
    Download
    Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-posta-banner.png
    ** Follow my BBM channel
    Posta is an email application that simply brings the best Gmail experience on your BlackBerry device. It offers a simpler and easier way to manage your account and it provides a fast and intuitive interface, which takes advantage of the whole screen of your BlackBerry smartphone. Main Features:
    *Organize your emails with labels, archive or starred section;
    *Headless notifications!
    *Support for active frame showing the latest email;
    *Send, receive, delete or report your emails;
    *Search through your gMail with advanced options;
    *View emails as threaded conversations;
    *Much much more
    You can download it here Posta for gMail - BlackBerry World. If you give it a try and give me feedback, I would really appreciate it. If you have any question about the application, feel free to ask.

Update 1.3.0 changelog:
    • -New feature: Shortcuts! Pin any research, email, draft message or anything else to increase your productivity!
    • Possibility to enable/disable notifications directly from the application added.
    • Increased interval range for checking notifications (from 2 mins to 8 hours).
    • Some bugs related to the Active Frame fixed.
    • Slightly improved pull to refresh.
    • Some minor improvements

Update 1.2.0 changelog:
    -Headless notifications are now supported!
    -Notifications are sent to the Blackberry Hub with the count of the unread emails
    -Possibility to attach files is added
    -New pull to refresh feature added
    -Automatic text scrolling added while writing an email
    -Some minor improvements

Update 1.1.0 changelog:
    -Sign out button added;
    -Some minor improvements
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-img_20140510_195112.png   Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-img_20140510_193140.png   Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-img_20140510_192610.png   Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-img_20140510_193246.png   Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-img_20140510_193312.png  

Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-img_20140510_192829.png   Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-img_20140510_192837.png   Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-img_20140519_174947.png  
    Last edited by daljit97; 07-16-2014 at 04:39 AM.

This looks interesting. Thanks. I do have a couple of suggestions.

Is it possible to make the "Quick Link" filters available in the app?

Can you add the ability to view/edit Gmail Contacts?

Both of these are missing from other Gmail apps. If you were able to add them, this would be a clear advantage for your app!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar.cm View Post
    This looks interesting. Thanks. I do have a couple of suggestions.

Is it possible to make the "Quick Link" filters available in the app?

Can you add the ability to view/edit Gmail Contacts?

Both of these are missing from other Gmail apps. If you were able to add them, this would be a clear advantage for your app!
    I will think of an implementation of viewing and edit Google contacts, but I don't understand what do you mean by "Quick Link", can you explain that?
    Last edited by daljit97; 05-18-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daljit97 View Post
    I will think of an implementation of viewing and edit Google contacts, but I don't understand what do you mean by "Quick Link", can you explain that?
    From the Gmail blog:

Quick Links: Bookmarks common Gmail views.

Quick Links allows you to create a shortcut to any bookmarkable URL in Gmail. Just click "Add Quick Link" to save a link to the page you are currently viewing. You can then jump to that page any time with one click. For example, you can add a link to a draft email where you keep your to do list, or an email with your frequent flyer information. You can also save a common Gmail search by conducting the search (let's say for "is:unread" -- which brings up all your unread mail) and then clicking "Add Quick Link."

Essentially, You run a search against your messages, then save the search as a quick link. I find the Quick Links particularly handy, since it allows me to keep track of specific searches without using the Filter" function. The filter function itself is great, but filtering/applying labels can confuse email clients (such as BB10). The quick links don't.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar.cm View Post
    From the Gmail blog:

Quick Links: Bookmarks common Gmail views.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_h25OVwYBPl..._bookmarks.png

Quick Links allows you to create a shortcut to any bookmarkable URL in Gmail. Just click "Add Quick Link" to save a link to the page you are currently viewing. You can then jump to that page any time with one click. For example, you can add a link to a draft email where you keep your to do list, or an email with your frequent flyer information. You can also save a common Gmail search by conducting the search (let's say for "is:unread" -- which brings up all your unread mail) and then clicking "Add Quick Link."

Essentially, You run a search against your messages, then save the search as a quick link. I find the Quick Links particularly handy, since it allows me to keep track of specific searches without using the Filter" function. The filter function itself is great, but filtering/applying labels can confuse email clients (such as BB10). The quick links don't.
    Thanks for the clarification. I think this is possible, I will surely try to implement it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I forgot to say, I submitted a minor update, which is now available, that fixes some bugs and adds a new loading animation and a sign out button. Another thing is that application also supports Active Frame with notifications, I have added a screenshot above. For the next release of the application, I am planning to add headless support to bring notifications when the app is closed.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,545 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BBB7201

Looks promising
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,545 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BBB7201

Please just get rid of the iPhone iconography and add pull to refresh. And it would be great if there will be Hub integration

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by menshawy View Post
    Please just get rid of the iPhone iconography and add pull to refresh. And it would be great if there will be Hub integration

Posted via CB10
    Pull to refresh is planned and I hope to add it as soon as possible. As for the iconography (I think you intend the icons inside the application and not the application icon), I know it maybe look a bit strange on a Blackberry smartphone but I am not going to change them. Hub integration is possible but, without going into technical details, only for notifications of new emails. Thanks for the feedback, if you have any other question don't hesitate to ask.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just purchased your app. Really satisfied with it so far except for one thing. When composing an email there's no auto scrolling down? I keep having to pull the screen up manually to see the text. Can this be fixed in future updates? Thanks for this app!

Yes I've been SQUIRCLEFIED! ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by pick1eberry View Post
    Just purchased your app. Really satisfied with it so far except for one thing. When composing an email there's no auto scrolling down? I keep having to pull the screen up manually to see the text. Can this be fixed in future updates? Thanks for this app!

Yes I've been SQUIRCLEFIED! ?
    Thank you for the feedback. I spent the last three hours to resolve this annoying bug, and I fixed it, the fix will be available in the next update of the application.
    Last edited by daljit97; 05-20-2014 at 06:09 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Have emailed you, with a couple of suggestions but will put them here also.

1.Hub Integration-even if it is just a link/icon? So that when I open HUB, I can open Posta.
    2. Type formatting, Bold, italics, underline
    3. Font Options

PS I love the cool color coding on threads!!!

Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-img_20140525_094938_edit.png

Z10, official Digicel 10.2.1.2941
    CrackBerry Genius

Nice app, it could help some people!
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 05-25-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmunny View Post
    Have emailed you, with a couple of suggestions but will put them here also.

1.Hub Integration-even if it is just a link/icon? So that when I open HUB, I can open Posta.
    2. Type formatting, Bold, italics, underline
    3. Font Options

PS I love the cool color coding on threads!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140525_094938_edit.png 
Views:	898 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	273558

I have answered you via email . By the way, I am already working on another update that will mainly bring pull to refresh and headless notifications.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

I just created a BBM channel, where I will post any update for Posta and its development and where you can BBM me if you have any question. The pin is C004F1666.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-img_20140527_155834_edit.png  
    Last edited by daljit97; 06-06-2014 at 07:45 PM.
    Thanked by:
    jlc0312 (06-22-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Will updates not be auto prompted from Blackberry world?

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmunny View Post
    Will updates not be auto prompted from Blackberry world?

Yes, obviously you will be automatically notified when a new update is available from BlackBerry World. The channel is a sort of like this thread, but simpler and easier to use. There I will post the latest news of application, the subscribers can comment and chat in real time with me to give suggestions, support for the apps or anything else.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by daljit97; 05-28-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ahh,

Thanks

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Cool

Testing the new "Pull to refresh" feature in Posta!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Posta - a Gmail Client for Blackberry 10-1401396511904_678850.png  
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

After three long weeks dealing with an incredibly poor documentation on headless application, Posta is now headless. Hopefully I will be able to submit the update next week.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Just submitted the new update to Blackberry World, it should be available by Tuesday. Here is the full changelog:
    • Headless notifications are now supported!
    • Notifications are sent to the Blackberry Hub with the count of the unread emails
    • Possibility to attach files is added
    • New pull to refresh feature added
    • Automatic text scrolling added while writing an email
    • Some minor improvements
    CrackBerry Abuser

Great. Can't wait

Z30'ing it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Default Version 1.2.0 available

Version 1.2.0 is now available in Blackberry World, click here to download. Enjoy and give me feedback if you want .
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Already working on the next update which will mainly brings a better pull to refresh and a new interesting feature. So stay tuned .
    Thanked by:
    jlc0312 (06-22-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks very much!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast