Can someone tell me what app i could download so i can listen to my favorite podcast?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 07:24 AM
    There is a podcast app available in BlackBerry world for $0.99 but I've side loaded podtrapper and it works great so far. Every time I open it, I do get a message about the trial version expiring (30 days from install date) so we'll see what happens then.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 10:32 AM
    Anyone tried it yet? Elas i don't know how to sideload android apps

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 12:26 PM
    based on the reviews in BB World, it does the basics, but there are a few issues which are supposedly going to be updated by the developer.

Sideloading is super easy! Here is the .bar file you'll need: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qls070siw...r_v1.0.7.0.bar

Follow the simple steps here: How to put Android apps onto your BlackBerry 10 phone (Windows Guide) | CrackBerry.com

Basically download DDPB Installer, connect your phone, and load the file. Done and done.
    big samm likes this.
    02-21-13 01:19 PM
    The podcast app on be is good enough for simple stuff and finds most podcasts on the net or res feeds.

Nobex is good too and supports video podcasts but it doesn't seem to be able to search for podcasts on the Web. It just has it's own library.

Posted via CB10
    big samm likes this.
    02-21-13 01:27 PM
    Thank you Fatla and ted for your inputs! Really appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 02:05 PM
    Ive been using Nobex on my Z10 its great and wish Stitcher app comes to BB10

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 02:59 PM
    Also try AntenaPod

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 03:00 PM
    Nobex gets my vote since it's native... but it lacks auto downloading, which is too bad, and it doesn't have "Resume", which is really too bad. maybe they'll add in in. Also strange that you can't add your own feed - they're quick to add them for you though.

I was using pocketcasts on iPhone... there's an android version. haven't tried side loading. I did contact the developer though - no reply. Beats me... seems like even if they did a simple port, at this stage of the game they'd have a ton if paying customers.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 10:17 PM
    Like others have mentioned, Nobex is great for podcasts. One feature I like about it is its integration with the Hub (notifications) when a podcast you've subscribed to has new content available.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 10:48 PM
    Nobex gets my vote since it's native... but it lacks auto downloading, which is too bad, and it doesn't have "Resume", which is really too bad. maybe they'll add in in. Also strange that you can't add your own feed - they're quick to add them for you though.

I was using pocketcasts on iPhone... there's an android version. haven't tried side loading. I did contact the developer though - no reply. Beats me... seems like even if they did a simple port, at this stage of the game they'd have a ton if paying customers.

Posted via CB10
    I also use pocketcast on my Nexus 4 love how simple it is to use!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 07:30 AM
    Pocket Casts works OK on the PlayBook, I own the Android version so figured I'd try it out. They're currently reworking it for version 4 which is why you probably didn't get a reply. They're only a small team.

Nobex works well enough for now, but a killer podcast app for BB 10 would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 12:28 PM
    They did say that they would be adding the add your own feed feature in an update when I emailed them about it.
    02-22-13 04:00 PM
    Tried antenna pod and i don't like it too much... Looks like a ported app from android and not native...Plus i have to manually enter rss feed for each podcast i wanna subscribe, a pita imo!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 08:34 PM