Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Plex for BlackBerry 10?

I've paid for the PlayBook version, is there anyway to side load it onto the Z10?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I was just about to post this as well.... ultimately just a bar file will do it....
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Yeah... I would like this app on my Z10 ASAP. Love it for the PlayBook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    25BEAAE3

I sent BB a twitter message the other day asking about the apps that were for both PB and Z10 if the same account had to buy them twice..... no answer from them
    CrackBerry Abuser

A lot of my games are free on my Z10 that I bought for my Playbook....I believe the vendor has to make this call thou, not BB. We could sideload it....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Oh and I just tested it, the PlexWeb works absolutely perfectly on the Z10. Need need to sweat over an app just yet
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

yesss it does, just logged in via the browser and saved it to the home screen on the z10, works perfectly no need for the app now...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

What URL should I be using for Plex web?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry User

Enter the ip address of your plex media server. If you are on your local network it will probably be something like 192.168.x.x (mine is 192.168.1.98), and add the port (usually 32400) and /web after. For me it is:

http://192.168.1.98:32400/web
    Thanked by:
    BrizzadMan (02-06-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

The Android one works well when sideloaded
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Last edited by Shao128; 02-07-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Side loaded version of Plex works fine, if you can locate a. Bar, or convert your purchased. Apk. Sounds like those conceited buggers won't be supporting BB10 anytime soon.

CrackBerry Abuser

BrizzadMan,

They have been outwardly Blackberry negative, even though I believe their Playbook app has done fine for them. Its a simply Android re-package. The website works, or I will just use the bar converted. I have purchased the playbook one to show support, so I think I should get the bar file to attempt on my BB10 Z10.

Quote Originally Posted by BrizzadMan View Post
    http://imgur.com/rM8Ho5d.png

Quite frankly, that is idiotic reply. As you said in your next post it works fine side loaded (I've tested it as well). It's no work for them to post it up for BB10, it's quite literally logging into BBWorld Vendor Portal and clicking a checkbox, it's less than 3 minutes of effort. But that is their loss.

I'm done with supporting them. Coupled with the poor attitude in the past to the XMBC community where they got their start by using the source code.

I've already been testing out alternatives.
    Last edited by Shao128; 02-07-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,034 Global Posts

Let me and others know how the alternatives go!

Global Posts
    3,532 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

I've been making mental notes of any developers who said anything poor about Blackberry.. especially those who have android apps and won't take the 10 minutes to port them over at no cost to them.. they didn't want to support us, I won't be supporting them.. even after BB10 explodes and they realize they are missing out..

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.1418/misc) and everything in between + Playbook 32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition
    CrackBerry User

What alternatives are you looking at?
    CrackBerry Addict

Anyone else getting browser not supported? This worked at one point, didn't really get a chance to play with it but i was able to browse my library..

Also, it looks like the new version isn't working. Tried sideloading the apk from a old backup (paid version) and it doesn't open.
    Current: BlackBerry Q10 | RIM BlackBerry PlayBook (64GB) | Google Nexus 7 (16GB)

Retired Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note II | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9930 | HTC Thunderbolt 4G LTE | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650 | HTC Droid Incredible | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 | HTC Touch Pro | AT&T Tilt | Cingular 8125

Retired Tablets: Motorola XOOM
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ya the browser stopped working for me as well....Plex is a great application, and I am more then willing to pay for it. I use it almost daily on my Playbook. I have tweeted Plex but they appear slightly arrogant and unwilling to look at BB10.

Maybe once 10.2 and JellyBean support comes out we can sideload their newest updated Android app....
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Nigelbrown View Post
    Ya the browser stopped working for me as well....Plex is a great application, and I am more then willing to pay for it. I use it almost daily on my Playbook. I have tweeted Plex but they appear slightly arrogant and unwilling to look at BB10.

Maybe once 10.2 and JellyBean support comes out we can sideload their newest updated Android app....
    Disabling disk cache in the browser seems to have fixed this issue for me.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    Current: BlackBerry Q10 | RIM BlackBerry PlayBook (64GB) | Google Nexus 7 (16GB)

Retired Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note II | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9930 | HTC Thunderbolt 4G LTE | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9650 | HTC Droid Incredible | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 | HTC Touch Pro | AT&T Tilt | Cingular 8125

Retired Tablets: Motorola XOOM
    CrackBerry Abuser

Weird ya turning off disk cache did it for me too...I wonder how that relates it how plex identifies your browsers....

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,889 Global Posts

Weird ya turning off disk cache did it for me too...I wonder how that relates it how plex identifies your browsers....

Posted via CB10
    Quote Originally Posted by xACiD View Post
    Disabling disk cache in the browser seems to have fixed this issue for me.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by xACiD View Post
    Anyone else getting browser not supported? This worked at one point, didn't really get a chance to play with it but i was able to browse my library..

Also, it looks like the new version isn't working. Tried sideloading the apk from a old backup (paid version) and it doesn't open.
    Have you guys tried turning desktop mode on?
    This may help...
    Check out my app: CChecker
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ya was the first thing I tried, desktop did nothing....

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Has this been resolved? I've never had any problems with plex web and my Z10. And checking right now, still works fine.

I stumbled onto this thread trying to see if anyone had successfully side loaded a plex app and had a minor freak out!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,142 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3

I converted the app to a bar file and it works decent for me. As it's a paid app, I don't think it would be right to post it in the forums.

But if someone wanted it emailed....that might be another story entirely.

PM.
    Attachment 237848
    Attachment 237849
    Last edited by axllebeer; 01-12-2014 at 12:08 AM.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast