I voted for this the day I got my phone. I really miss this app. My husband and I share an account, and he still has his iphone so I took a screenshot of the barcode screen and saved it to my phone as an image. It works to make purchases, but you can't reload and check balances.
    That's the only picture I moved to my Z10 from my 9650. A screencap from the Sbux app barcode. I made it in to an Evernote, um, note and pull it up that way. Along with the current expiration dates of all my freebie drinks. Works great, but it's a bit of a hassle compared to a real application. The iPhone all can even shake their little stars around in the cup picture (does the Android?). Useless, but what else you do while in line waiting for your consistently mediocre but readily available Starbucks latte?
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    04-07-13 12:15 PM
    Received 04/06/13:

Dear Michael,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

We have continued to look at the Blackberry� platform and listen to our customer�s needs. As we grow and evolve our mobile applications, we seek to develop on the platforms where we see the greatest opportunity. At this time we will not support the Blackberry� platform but will continue to evaluate it as the landscape evolves.

Your feedback regarding this decision is much appreciated. Rest assured, your questions and concerns have been documented and passed along to the appropriate teams.

Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

We would love to hear your feedback. Click here to take a short survey.

Sincerely,

Dorothea J
    customer service
    04-09-13 12:59 PM
    Canned response, I got the same.
    I'd say keep trying

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 01:35 PM
    So what's the most important function of an app to those who want it?

For me it's the ability to quickly pull up a barcode, view balance and see my stats and number of free drinks available

People have made WinPo starbucks with those functionalities and more, but without starbucks branding, which points to them obviously not being official

What's to stop a dev from creating a BlackBerry10 version

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 01:39 PM
    Canned response, I got the same.
    I'd say keep trying
    The center two paragraphs, and the survey line... verbatim. Pretty sure they mix up the greetings and closings (automated) to make it seems like someone's actually taking the time to write these things. I did their little survey... pretty sure it submits to /dev/null/

So what's the most important function of an app to those who want it?

For me it's the ability to quickly pull up a barcode, view balance and see my stats and number of free drinks available

People have made WinPo starbucks with those functionalities and more, but without starbucks branding, which points to them obviously not being official

What's to stop a dev from creating a BlackBerry10 version

Posted via CB10
    Also, expiration dates of the freebies, without having to load that infernal calendar and click the cups.
    04-09-13 02:30 PM
    Starbucks sucks.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 03:01 PM
    Starbucks sucks.
    That was very informative and helpful, thank you for your contribution!
    offthahorseceo and eninrebmun like this.
    04-09-13 03:19 PM
    Thanks for the bump!

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-09-13 03:25 PM
    Here's a better idea, BBM money in North America and NFC payments thru Debit and Credit cards, using BlackBerry's SEM.

If you can't join them, do better than them.

Also Starbucks coffee? Seriously?
    04-09-13 03:33 PM
    Srsly.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 04:13 PM

Also Starbucks coffee? Seriously?
    I know it's "hip" to bang on Starbucks coffee, but in a lot of smaller US cities, it's the only game in town, and definitely the only choice when you need to get in and out fast on your way to work.
    04-09-13 06:03 PM
    That also have that consistently mediocre coffee. Consistent being the keyword.

Tried and true, it may not be the best, but you know it's at least X good

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-09-13 06:23 PM
    That also have that consistently mediocre coffee. Consistent being the keyword.

Tried and true, it may not be the best, but you know it's at least X good

Posted via CB10
    I've always used that *exact* phrase: consistently mediocre. Yes they are by no means the best, but I do a lot of road trips, and if I am in an area I am not familiar with, I don't want to pull in to some random espresso stand and risk getting a crap drink. It could very well be a great one, but seriously -- when I am out of town, I just want that I know and think is pretty ok. Of course, if I see a Dutch Bros, Starbucks is off the menu. ;-)

With the app, I used to get directions and everything; it was great. yes I know there are many ways to search out and get directions to Starbucks or any place, but having it all in one app -- check rewards, use bar code, etc would be nice. Arriving at my destination while on a random road trip, I'll look for a Starbucks before looking for lodging. :-P
    Last edited by eninrebmun; 04-10-13 at 10:07 AM. Reason: cnat spell
    04-10-13 10:06 AM
    Have you guys tried Spotcast?

It allows you to enter loyalty cards in the "Wallet" section which displays a barcode. You won't be able to check the balance, it just displays a barcode but it has the convenience of searching businesses and providing mappings based on location and local deals. Just a work around for now. But it's a pretty good app.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-10-13 01:23 PM
    Good idea, may check that out!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:49 PM
    Ideas In Action Blog

Insult to injury; this is how they spend their dev budget? At least Android users are crying now. Seriously, they just opened a Dutch Bros near my work, and the coffee is better. I have really been going there a lot lately. Plus there's one only a few blocks further from my house.
    04-12-13 11:59 PM
    TROLL HELP REQUESTED!

Hi Folks - I know not all of you like Starbucks, but I do know that you all love Blackberry. There are a number of us who have been submitting and supporting requested for a BB10 Starbucks app on the My Starbucks Idea site - My Starbucks Idea

Those of us involved have been facing a constant and baffling attack from a couple trolls - @Dadcooks (who has been referenced previously in this thread) and @thejavamom. I would ask for all of your help by registering on the site, supporting our requests and having a little Crackberry fun with the trolls.

Thanks for the help!
    eninrebmun and icedkermit like this.
    04-18-13 09:05 PM
    @jonefraser - why not just let it go...Starbucks will make the app or not without regard to your, my, or dadcooks opinion. what is with that guy anyway? His profile says that he's been there done that? Can't wait til I reach my golden years so that I can dedicate my free time to keeping society safe from non iOS and non android coffee chain apps...where was his Canadian counterpart when those nefarious Tim Hortons developers were preparing their attack on civilisation...oh. the humanity

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 12:10 AM
    @freighter1 - I'm now just playing with the old coot and was curious to see his reaction when the Crackberry gang pounds a few holes in his posts.

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-19-13 08:02 AM
    Yeah, I started a response then I looked at his profile and just got sad

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-19-13 08:44 AM
    I went on and voted "thumbs up" for all the posts requesting BlackBerry apps. Amazing how many of the posts have more thumbs down then thumbs up. What is these guys problems? I don't care if there is an Andriod or iPhone app as long as I can have my BB10 app too. It's amazing how many people want BlackBerry to fail.

DadCooks really pissed me off. I had a little fun with him. Please go on the website and vote for a BB10 app and if you want have some fun with an iTroll... Search Results
    eninrebmun likes this.
    04-19-13 10:28 AM
    TROLL HELP REQUESTED!
    Thanks for the help!
    I've been at it with that guy for too long. I don't use the same name there as I do here. He just won't listen. He's insane. He also lives in the same area I do... I saw a pic of him on some messageboard. I don't know; I'd love to buy him a coffee if I see him and see if he's capable of a rational discussion face to face.

The whole situation is absurd. Maybe it's time for another visit. ;-)
    04-19-13 12:53 PM
    Please go on the website and vote for a BB10 app and if you want have some fun with an iTroll... Search Results
    He may as well be an iTroll, but I believe he has an S3.

Anyway -- I wrote back to starbucks support (I suggest everyone do that) and called them out on their idiocy with the canned replies, and the fact that they actually made this Ideas In Action Blog app. I mean, really now. That's a priority application? So they replied they will forward my request to the development team. So nothing is happening, but they are at least trying to placate me. Meanwhile, my auto-reload is turned off, and I am almost out of money.

The Dutch Brothers coffee is tasting great, however.
    04-19-13 01:07 PM
48 12