I'm a high school teacher, and my school uses Google Apps for Education.

I was looking for a good native solution for working with Google Drive files, so I purchased Play Cloud. It did allow me to get into our extensive file and folder tree; however, when it comes to editing documents, I'm a bit unclear.

PlayCloud allows me to download files. I can edit them, but it does not automatically re-synchronize or re-upload and replace the file. Is there a way to do this, and I'm just not cognizant of it? Or does PlayCloud not allow editing of documents at all.

My current solution has been to run a remote desktop to my home computer and use Google Drive that way. It works well enough, but the flexibility of a native solution is preferable.

I wish BlackBerry would work it out with Google to make their browser compatible with Google Drive. I feel like the browser and devices have enough horsepower for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 12:10 PM
    unfortunately, PlayCloud lets you get to the files but not edit and re-sync them. The GD app for Android does not work on my Z30 so that is a fail as well. I haven't found a good solution. We use GAFE in my school district as well and I like having the ability to access everything from my phone but haven't found anything suitable yet. PlayCloud lets me see things and download them but that's it
    06-10-15 12:34 PM
    The Z30, like my Passport, has a nice large screen size.

You could try my solution for better access. Download the native remote desktop app for BlackBerry. Enable Microsoft's remote access on your home computer (assuming you have a Windows PC and a version that allows this. I use Windows 8 Pro.)

Sync a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to your phone. You now have a laptop replacement that can run all Google App solutions.

If you don't have a version of Windows that will allow the remote desktop, you can try alternatives like Splashtop or Teamviewer, but I have no experience with those products on BB10, so others would be better able to comment on their functionality.

As a fellow educator, I'll mention one other thing you might find useful. You can create a presentation in Blackberry Express, which I really like, and use one of the native screen recorders (that allow for simultaneous voice recording) to do video versions of presentations you might give to students. Using the Share Printable feature, you can upload the presentation as text so the students have it in video and text form.

It's a good resource for "flipping" lessons.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    06-10-15 01:02 PM