Nicolas,

Fantastic app. Also, please consider adding support for SugarSyns device access as well. This will allow access to files stored directly on the devices. Currently, there is only access to the mobile folder.
    03-02-13 08:07 AM
    Just bought this. Pretty kick **** app.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 10:28 AM
    Nicolas,

Fantastic app. Also, please consider adding support for SugarSyns device access as well. This will allow access to files stored directly on the devices. Currently, there is only access to the mobile folder.
    To sum up the new cloud features incoming :

- full sugarsync support (workspace)
    - google drive sharing support
    - google doc convert support
    - amazon s3 support

and more

Nicolas
    portal and Wolfgan like this.
    03-02-13 10:31 AM
    When viewing my Google drive account, I cannot access any of my pdf files. Is this a feature that's coming, or something I'm doing wrong?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 11:46 AM
    Thanks Nicolas. I just upgraded from the free version to the paid version. Looking forward to the upcoming updates

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 11:55 AM
    When viewing my Google drive account, I cannot access any of my pdf files. Is this a feature that's coming, or something I'm doing wrong?
    Mean ? you can't open your PDF files stored on your Google Drive account ?

Indeed, you can't opened directly a remote file (right for any account). This feature is under devel.

I have developped PlayCloud 10 in using dev alpha ; and I need the final device to do it. In waiting, you have to copy in local.

Nicolas
    03-02-13 11:57 AM
    This "Copy to...(local) work around is the answer to my problem.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 12:08 PM
    nicklas79: Can you describe what made you choose OAuth as opposed to OpenID? There are some things about OpenID that appeal to me.

I assume it has to do with the fact that certain companies (ie Dropbox) don't support OpenID? It seems that in general there are more web entities that support OpenID than OAuth.

Thanks.
    03-02-13 09:45 PM
    To sum up the new cloud features incoming :

- amazon s3 support

and more

Nicolas
    Please don't forget the id3tag editor feature for local files, handy feature for those tracks with slightly wrong metadata :-)
    03-03-13 07:37 AM
    nicklas79: Can you describe what made you choose OAuth as opposed to OpenID? There are some things about OpenID that appeal to me.

I assume it has to do with the fact that certain companies (ie Dropbox) don't support OpenID? It seems that in general there are more web entities that support OpenID than OAuth
    Thanks.
    OAuth is for authentication, it allows sites to do things on your behalf. OpenID is for ID on a per site basis.
    http://mashable.com/2008/07/28/openid-and-oauth/

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:43 AM
    New cloud support incoming :
    - amazon s3 support

New features incoming :
    - audio ID3Tag editor
    - photo exif info
    - Open remote files (interaction with google doc)
    - Audio / Video streaming (but depends on bandwidth provided by the cloud services)
    - Internal slideshow photo component (usefull for remote photo)
    - multi-account support

General incoming :
    - Q10 support

I study other features but not revealed for the moment
    Wolfgan, scorepion and sf49ers like this.
    03-03-13 12:10 PM
    Hi,

Today some tests... and some results

PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-q10_0001.png PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-q10_0003.png
    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-q10_0002.pngPlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-q10_0004.png
    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-q10_0005.png

Nicolas
    sf49ers, portal and Wolfgan like this.
    03-11-13 10:56 AM
    Is it not possible to open files stored in the cloud, before coping them to the device?

I'm trying to view pictures in Dropbox, but they won't open until I copy them to my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 12:37 PM
    Is it not possible to open files stored in the cloud, before coping them to the device?

I'm trying to view pictures in Dropbox, but they won't open until I copy them to my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Nicolas said it is coming in the future release(under development), check his comment above.
    nicklas79 likes this.
    03-11-13 01:37 PM

You realize that once you view them, you've already copied them to your device, right?

I think what the feature actually should be, is something like these 2 new options:

1. Open after copying? {Y/N}
    2. Keep or delete?
    03-11-13 02:17 PM
    You realize that once you view them, you've already copied them to your device, right?

I think what the feature actually should be, is something like these 2 new options:

1. Open after copying? {Y/N}
    2. Keep or delete?
    I realize that, of course they would need to be downloaded to be opened. I just find the two step process of coping and then opening to be a pain.

I would like a true sync. Where if I open a spreadsheet, make changes, and sync those back to the original file.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 02:37 PM
    I realize that, of course they would need to be downloaded to be opened. I just find the two step process of coping and then opening to be a pain.

I would like a true sync. Where if I open a spreadsheet, make changes, and sync those back to the original file.
    Indeed, to open a remote file, I have to copy in local. But in the "open remote files", I'd like to update the remote files if user has edited it. And with the dev alpha I can't do this. That's why I'm waiting my z10 device.

In devel, I work also about folder synchronization.

Nicolas
    03-12-13 05:04 AM
    PlayCloud is getting better and better with every update. So with all the options available, what do you consider the best/simpler way to navigate a windows fileserver at home? FTP, webdav?
    Thx for any suggestion, Wolf
    03-15-13 11:58 AM
    PlayCloud is getting better and better with every update. So with all the options available, what do you consider the best/simpler way to navigate a windows fileserver at home? FTP, webdav?
    Thx for any suggestion, Wolf
    the easier way is FTP with FileZilla server.

The best way, WebDAV server (apache or IIS) with SSL support to be available from your internet connection.

Nicolas
    Wolfgan likes this.
    03-15-13 03:44 PM
    Thanks for this great app, just bought the full version. There seems to be a bug though when selecting files in default view mode. See attached. On the right side I can't select some folders because they are covered with the side bar.

PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000089.png

Posted via CB10

Edit: Maybe an overflow (3 dots) button might work better in this case?
    03-16-13 04:24 AM
    Thanks for this great app, just bought the full version. There seems to be a bug though when selecting files in default view mode. See attached. On the right side I can't select some folders because they are covered with the side bar.

Edit: Maybe an overflow (3 dots) button might work better in this case?
    It's the default BB10 OS behavior.

Maybe I'll resize the grid list view...

It isn't very important, since PlayCloud permits to change the zoom factor in using pinch gesture on the list view.

Moreover you can also use a simple vertical list view (pinch zoom available too)

It's in my backlog but with a small priority

Nicolas
    twstd.reality likes this.
    03-16-13 04:48 AM
    It's the default BB10 OS behavior.

Maybe I'll resize the grid list view...

It isn't very important, since PlayCloud permits to change the zoom factor in using pinch gesture on the list view.

Moreover you can also use a simple vertical list view (pinch zoom available too)

It's in my backlog but with a small priority

Nicolas
    thanks, did not know that! yah wasn't a major thing just thought i'd point it out
    03-16-13 05:12 AM
    Here's a question someone asked elsewhere:

How can you share link of the files on Drop box cloud from the BlackBerry Z10?

An interesting question, since it doesn't simply entail copying/moving/deleting files in folders like a file manager. I guess the feasibility of that begins at the API each vendor exposes.
    03-16-13 06:44 AM
    Nicolas, thx for v2.5! Id3 tag view and editing seems to work fine for music files, but I can't access any exif information for pictures, even if changelog claims it was implemented long ago.
    Is it supposed to work the same way? (as a properties tab on the info action menu)
    Thx, Wolf

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 06:52 AM
    Nicolas, thx for v2.5! Id3 tag view and editing seems to work fine for music files, but I can't access any exif information for pictures, even if changelog claims it was implemented long ago.
    Is it supposed to work the same way? (as a properties tab on the info action menu)
    Thx, Wolf

Posted via CB10
    About ID3 tag, I think to add a automatic fill feature based on freedb or other...

About Exif, it's used for an internal usage : extract thumbnail from photo ; detect orientation...

I'm going to add in the details view (in the same place audio file) the image properties with EXIF info. And you are able to remove sensitive information as GPS localization.

Nicolas
    Wolfgan likes this.
    03-16-13 03:29 PM
642 1234 ...