Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 596
Like Tree47Likes
  1. nicklas79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    569 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...

    Hi,

    I have started an old thread about my application designed for the new BlackBerry 10 mobile generation.

    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-751557/

    And now, the application is ready for the final device... so I leave the "BlackBerry 10 dev alpha" rubric

    Features list (last upade April, 13th 2013) :


    Cloud services :
    • Local & System view
    • SD-Card support
    • Dropbox support
    • Box support
    • Google Drive support
    • Skydrive support
    • Sugarsync support
    • OpenDataSpace support
    • Webdav support
    • FTP(SSL)/SFTP support

    Files operation :
    • Files search
    • Mutli-select feature
    • Open, Copy, move or delete files
    • File details view (with comments)
    • Open local and remote files directly
    • Save remote files in using revision system (history modification)

    UI / OS integration :
    • UI pinch zoom (save zoom factor)
    • List, tile, category display mode
    • Background transfers
    • Transfers progress status
    • Transfers complete notification
    • BlackBerry and third party applications integration
    • Dropbox & Box from native integration view

    Media :
    • Image and audio thumbnails support
    • EXIF metadata image support
    • Audio ID3 tag editor

    Print feature :
    • Print feature (IPP support & PDF/PS)

    Social network :
    • Media sharing over social networks

    Misc :
    • Network WiFi & Cellular choice (roaming management)
    • Network cache data
    • Help embedded

    I share with you my last screenshots... in waiting the BlackBerry World update.

    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000020.png PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000021.png
    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000025.png PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000023.png
    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000024.png PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000022.png
    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000060.png PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000031.png
    PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000090.png PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...-img_00000050.png

    New features are incoming... but now I wait my final device.

    Nicolas
    Last edited by nicklas79; 04-13-2013 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Update PlayCloud features list
    Thanked by 6:
    mtint (03-16-2013),  pels_17 (03-19-2013),  st3vK (03-23-2013),  twstd.reality (03-16-2013),  vincent_smoox (04-22-2013),  web99 (03-20-2013) 
    ESCON, Novaone and web99 like this.
  2. sf49ers's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,247 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    it looks good, can't help but notice "musics", shouldn't it be just spelled as "music"??
  3. ingeniumed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Great application! I intend to buy this the day my LE device gets here
    Check out my apps on App World!
    BlackBerry Z10
    Nexus 7/4
    Asus Zenbook Prime UX31a
    Thanked by:
    nicklas79 (02-05-2013) 
  4. anthonybaker's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    361 Posts
    Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask/soon this will say BBID
    #4  

    Default

    This is going to be one of my first purchases on myZ10 when I pic up tmr. Looks really really good. Keep up the good work
    Check out themidniteedition.wordpress.com for all the latest news and reviews on tech and gaming
    You can also download THE MIDNITE EDITION app for your Z10 or PlayBook or Any Berry running OS 7.1 or older

    THE BLACKER THE BERRY, THE SWEETER THE JUICE
    Thanked by:
    nicklas79 (02-05-2013) 
  5. Skeevecr's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,575 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    One suggestion I would make for the free version of this app, if it is possible you should allow people to test the connectivity (but not download) for things like ftp and webdav support as that is something that I have seen cause issues for plenty of these kind of apps on various platforms.
  6. Wolfgan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    479 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Thanks Nicolas, excellent app. Any chance of getting smb/cifs support for our homelans? Wolf

    Posted via CB10
  7. nicklas79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    569 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default Re: PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    One suggestion I would make for the free version of this app, if it is possible you should allow people to test the connectivity (but not download) for things like ftp and webdav support as that is something that I have seen cause issues for plenty of these kind of apps on various platforms.
    With free version, you can test WebDAV, FTP... You have to set your account and enable the view. You should be able to browse your folders.

    For FTP, I don't think there is issues... for WebDAV interoperability is more difficult.

    Of course if you find issues, please contact me, I'll fix them.

    Nicolas
  8. nicklas79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    569 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default Re: PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeevecr View Post
    One suggestion I would make for the free version of this app, if it is possible you should allow people to test the connectivity (but not download) for things like ftp and webdav support as that is something that I have seen cause issues for plenty of these kind of apps on various platforms.
    Add CIFS / SMB, it's difficult. I'd like BlackBerry adds it natively (or libraries for developer). I'm in contact for this feature...

    In waiting, you have FTP, WebDAV

    Nicolas
  9. nicklas79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    569 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default Re: PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...

    Hi,

    Only to inform you that PlayCloud 10 is now approved as Built for BlackBerry.

    Thank's for your support, feedback, and suggestions !

    Nicolas
  10. Pete The Penguin's Avatar
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

    Posts
    15,298 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,351 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    In PlayCloud10, why can't I see my files that are stored in Google Drive?
    I've the payed version of the app.

    Posted via CB10
  11. nicklas79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    569 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJH_ View Post
    In PlayCloud10, why can't I see my files that are stored in Google Drive?
    I've the payed version of the app.
    I have updated the application to manage Google Drive folder with many items (> 1000) ; and I have an issue.

    I have fixed the issue and submitted a new release in the BlackBerry World, but we have to wait the release is approved.

    Sorry for the delay.

    Nicolas
  12. Pete The Penguin's Avatar
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

    Posts
    15,298 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,351 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicklas79 View Post
    I have updated the application to manage Google Drive folder with many items (> 1000) ; and I have an issue.

    I have fixed the issue and submitted a new release in the BlackBerry World, but we have to wait the release is approved.

    Sorry for the delay.

    Nicolas
    Thanks for replying, I look forward to the update Nicolas.
    PlayCloud10 was one of the first apps I bought, it just works. Thanks.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    nicklas79 (02-27-2013) 
  13. Smartie020's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    796 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Would be great if it supports "Mega" aswell
  14. Omnitech's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    10,593 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    I would like to know what guarantee you can give that you are not snarfing all our account credentials and storing them on a server somewhere for when the zombie apocalypse comes and you decide to login to all our accounts.. or conversely, storing them insecurely so they get stolen and compromised by hackers...
    Thanked by:
    niss63 (04-03-2013) 
  15. Wolfgan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    479 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
    I would like to know what guarantee you can give that you are not snarfing all our account credentials and storing them on a server somewhere for when the zombie apocalypse comes and you decide to login to all our accounts.. or conversely, storing them insecurely so they get stolen and compromised by hackers...
    I didn't install PlayCloud yet, but this specific comment is exactly why OAuth OAuth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia mechanisms where implemented in most of the big providers (to avoid giving your credentials in full to apps). It will be interesting to confirm if PlayCloud uses OAuth or some other token strategy...
  16. nicklas79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    569 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgan View Post
    I didn't install PlayCloud yet, but this specific comment is exactly why OAuth OAuth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia mechanisms where implemented in most of the big providers (to avoid giving your credentials in full to apps). It will be interesting to confirm if PlayCloud uses OAuth or some other token strategy...
    Indeed, PlayCloud 10 uses, when it's possible OAuth. So PlayCloud doesn't know your credentials ; it's the case for Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive, GoogleDrive. But SugarSync, FTP, WebDAV doesn't support this authentification process.

    OAuth1 for Dropbox & Box
    OAuth2 for SkyDrive & GoogleDrive
    OAuth2 for Box is planned since it's now available.

    But I understand, you have to trust to PlayCloud (and so me). Nevertheless I can add that PlayCloud 10 is Built For BlackBerry and privacy policy is one requirement.

    Nicolas
    Thanked by 3:
    niss63 (04-03-2013),  rthonpm (07-11-2013),  Wolfgan (03-01-2013) 
    scorepion, Thunderbuck and shads77 like this.
  17. Omnitech's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    10,593 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicklas79 View Post
    Indeed, PlayCloud 10 uses, when it's possible OAuth. So PlayCloud doesn't know your credentials ; it's the case for Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive, GoogleDrive. But SugarSync, FTP, WebDAV doesn't support this authentification process.

    OAuth1 for Dropbox & Box
    OAuth2 for SkyDrive & GoogleDrive
    OAuth2 for Box is planned since it's now available.

    But I understand, you have to trust to PlayCloud (and so me). Nevertheless I can add that PlayCloud 10 is Built For BlackBerry and privacy policy is one requirement.

    Nicolas
    Thanks very much, I appreciate you answering that. And the answer was a good one.
    Thunderbuck and niss63 like this.
  18. Omnitech's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    10,593 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    So I have another question: Do you have a list somewhere about how PlayCloud compares to the recently-released "File and Folders" BB10 app which, I believe, also supports various cloud services?

    Thanks.
  19. ingeniumed's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
    So I have another question: Do you have a list somewhere about how PlayCloud compares to the recently-released "File and Folders" BB10 app which, I believe, also supports various cloud services?

    Thanks.
    Wouldn't BlackBerry have ensured that while reviewing the application? Also speaking of Zombie Apolcaypse discussions -

    This is why I love living here
    Check out my apps on App World!
    BlackBerry Z10
    Nexus 7/4
    Asus Zenbook Prime UX31a
  20. Omnitech's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    10,593 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ingeniumed View Post
    Wouldn't BlackBerry have ensured that while reviewing the application? Also speaking of Zombie Apolcaypse discussions -

    This is why I love living here
    Haha, hilarious, thanks for the clip.
  21. nicklas79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    569 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

    Default Re: PlayCloud 10 - more simple cloud access...

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnitech View Post
    So I have another question: Do you have a list somewhere about how PlayCloud compares to the recently-released "File and Folders" BB10 app which, I believe, also supports various cloud services?

    Thanks.
    FF :
    + Open directly remote files + streaming (but cloud services limit the bandwidth - so work mainly for audio)
    + Bookmarks
    + ZIP
    + Google Doc to convert doc

    PlayCloud :
    + FTP
    + FTP-SSL
    + WebDAV
    + OpenDataSpace
    + Pinch zoom
    + Support cloud sharing (using native, box, dropbox... feature)
    + IPP Printer (PDF / PS)
    + Background transfers (copy, move...)
    + Suspend, resume transfers
    + Network management (mobile and/or wifi)
    + Audio art cover

    And soon a lot of new features

    Nicolas
    Thanked by 2:
    niss63 (04-03-2013),  Wolfgan (03-02-2013) 
  22. Omnitech's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    10,593 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,601 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Thanks..
  23. Pete The Penguin's Avatar
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

    Posts
    15,298 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,351 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Thanks for the update, I now have access to my Drive files and folders.
    Fantastic app Nicholas.

    Posted via CB10
  24. SangreNegra's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    119 Posts
    PIN
    298A3B13
    #24  

    Default

    Any plans to support Amazon S3 storage? I'd love to have access to it from my Z10! :-)

    Written under BB10
    /Joe
  25. nicklas79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    569 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SangreNegra View Post
    Any plans to support Amazon S3 storage? I'd love to have access to it from my Z10! :-)

    Written under BB10
    Amazon S3 is on my TODO list - A PlayCloud's user has already requested it.

    Nicolas
    Thanked by:
    portal (03-02-2013) 
    scorepion and portal like this.
Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. We're a business, just bought 10 more Playbooks.
    By glassofpinot in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 06:46 PM
  2. $10 More a month for Corporate Email on BB?
    By rendog33 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 12:10 AM
  3. How come unlimited mssgs are $10/more month for iPhone?
    By Oj467 in forum Apple iPhone/iPad
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 04:32 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 05:21 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 03:51 PM

Posting Permissions