I've just downloaded PhotoUploader
    PhotoUploader - BlackBerry World

I have a question about Dropbox upload.

In the past I've owned an android device and it automatically uploaded my pictures to the 'Camera Uploads' folder.

If I now choose this folder to upload my blackberry pictures using PhotoUploader, what will happen if some filenames are the same as some of my already uploaded android photos? For instance will it overwrite them, skip them or rename them etc?

I need clarification before I upload.

Cheers.
    12-24-13 12:22 AM
    In the options there is a setting that lets you decide, it even shows that in the BlackBerry World screen shots.
    12-24-13 12:27 AM
    I saw that screenshot but what it doesn't say is what it will do if I select it to not overwrite my files.

Does it rename the new files or merely skip uploading?
    12-24-13 12:32 AM
    I saw that screenshot but what it doesn't say is what it will do if I select it to not overwrite my files.

Does it rename the new files or merely skip uploading?
    Not sure, test it out? You already bought the app and it's something you can test yourself on a test folder AFAIK since you select what folder it syncs. Just name some image, upload it and run it again and see what it does.
    12-24-13 12:39 AM
    Ok dude I'll give it a test in a small folder and report back
    12-24-13 12:41 AM
    As it turns out I don't seem to have any conflicting filenames so I didn't test. I would appreciate some feedback from sven regarding this.

What I did notice is that my old android device photo naming convention was a lot better then Blackberry's. It would name them by date and time as well as image number so your couldn't overwrite files.

Where as Blackberry's IMG_00000000 is an overwrite disaster waiting to happen.
    12-24-13 12:58 AM
    I don't know the answer but if you really don't want to jeopardize existing files, maybe you should rename the ones already in the cloud - add a prefix or suffix letter to the filename.

But I guess if your numbering restarts on the phone for some reason, you could still have overwrite issues.

I am trying to remember but I think earlier OS's for BB, also used the time/date as part of the filename or the geoname if you had geotagging on.
    12-24-13 11:04 AM
    Sorry for my late response, whofrank!

If you choose not to overwrite files, they will be skipped.

Best,
    Sven
    12-27-13 08:19 AM