I've noticed that when a photo is sent over BBM that the picture goes blurry when it's received. Anybody else notice this? Or know a way to make the quality better? I never noticed this on the os 7 devices or even the 6.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:35 PM
    BBM automatically sends a lower quality picture when you send it. I don't know the exact reason but I'm guessing it's to save the users data. The only solution I know of for this is for the recipient to request a higher quality picture when you send it. Then it would not be blurry.
    06-10-13 08:38 PM
    Ok, thanks! I just noticed that you could request a higher quality by holding your thumb over the picture. I don't remember them being the blurry with my old phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:52 PM
    We've been trying for some time to find if there is any way to default to sending photos in high quality (original) size but no luck. If anyone figures this out please be sure to post solution here.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:46 PM
    Ok, thanks! I just noticed that you could request a higher quality by holding your thumb over the picture. I don't remember them being the blurry with my old phone.

Posted via CB10
    I noticed that happened when sending from bb10 to OS7 devices.

When do you hold your thumb over the picture before you share it? Or is it the receiver who does that?

Posted via Q10 from T-Mobile
    06-11-13 12:27 AM
    Unfortunately recipient needs to request which is very annoying when you are frequently sharing photos and want always to be sent in original quality.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 12:33 AM
    Actually makes better sense that the pictures not automatically send hi-res. Not everyone has a sweet data plan and sending pics can eat up a lot of bandwidth. If you're sending a lot of pics, you don't always need to see every single one in hi-res either, do you?
    06-11-13 12:37 AM
    This should be an option. In my case I want to send high res every single time but would also want to have a toggle in the options to disable if needed. On business side we are exchanging a lot of ad hoc specs as screen shots between developers and they come crappy (if thre is a lot of small text). On personal side doing a lot of photo sharing fith family and friends and almost always they want to see full size.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 12:45 AM
    My wife and u both have z10's. I also have noticed this pic quality as well. I also had this issue when we both had our 9810's too. What we do now when we want to share a pic is send it with NFC. By doing it with NFC the pic quality is the same as the original. Now obviously NFC is not always an option but when it is, use it. It's very easy and quick too. Don't even need to hit the share icon and then have to select NFC. Just open the pic you want to share and touch the backs of the phones together and accept the transfer and that's it. Hope this helps.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-11-13 01:20 AM
    Actually makes better sense that the pictures not automatically send hi-res. Not everyone has a sweet data plan and sending pics can eat up a lot of bandwidth. If you're sending a lot of pics, you don't always need to see every single one in hi-res either, do you?
    There should be an option to send hi res when on a wifi network. That would be best.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 08:44 AM
    This is definitely something that needs to be addressed.
    If data usage is the main reason why it defaults to low resolution, then people can wait till they have Wi Fi before receiving the photos. No one these days expect a low resolution version and it is not practical to request hi res pics every time.
    I hope this is not another hidden feature that needs a special key combination

This would be one of the main reasons why people on other platforms won't change from What's App to BBM.
    Please correct this ASAP

The Swiper
    10-13-13 10:39 AM
    This would be one of the main reasons why people on other platforms won't change from What's App to BBM.
    There are reasons but this is not one of them as WhatsApp generates and sends lower res pictures, too. That's also the reason why gifs are always static in WA. The difference to BBM: You can't simply request a high res version in WA.
    10-13-13 04:59 PM