I would love to find an app that will let me crop photos to specific dimensions, for example 403 x 403 for a facebook timeline photo or 843 x 403 for a highlighted timeline photo. Any suggestions?
    04-10-13 09:28 AM
    You have posted this in two forums. Is this a PlayBook or Z10 app? I am guessing Z10 from your signature.
    I have closed the other thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/photo-editing-794017/

As for your app, this would be a good idea, though I am unsure if any of the existing photo editors do this. Having set bounding boxes for cropping does definitely make it easier.
    04-10-13 09:33 AM
    Actually I would be happy to find an app that does what I want for either the PlayBook or Z10. That's why I posted it in both forums.
    04-10-13 09:47 AM
    Photo Studio Pro for the PlayBook will allow cropping to specific dimensions. There is a free version that may also allow that function.
    04-10-13 10:25 AM
    It let's you see what dimensions you're cropping to but I can't find an option that let's you set the dimensions you want and then expand or contract that box without changing the actual dimensions.
    04-10-13 12:31 PM
    As a work around with the program you're currently using, could you potentially save a template image for both resolutions and go from there?

Have you tried side loading Pixlr?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:04 PM
    As a work around with the program you're currently using, could you potentially save a template image for both resolutions and go from there?
    I'm not sure what you mean by that, Pixlr might be a good idea though. I'm pretty sure it would do what I want.
    04-10-13 01:17 PM
    By using a template image, I meant could you create a 403x403image somewhere, save it to your Z10, and then use that as a template for use in Photo Studio, or whatever app you're using to edit in?

IE, open 403x403 image. Then open image you want to edit, say a photo of a dog. Copy the photo of the dog, and paste into 403x403 image. No idea if Photo Studio supports copy paste though.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 01:57 PM
    Have a look at fotostore pro.
    04-10-13 11:53 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by that, Pixlr might be a good idea though. I'm pretty sure it would do what I want.
    I second Pixlr (which runs in your browser and requires being online).
    On the Playbook at least there are various apps that are only wrapups for Pixlr (and still require being online), and a single one that allows you offline work : Sumo Paint Air.
    Now, remember Pixlr expects you to have a mouse, which means some functions would require a ctrl-click to perform (e. g. selecting the target location to clone a part of the image). These functions won't work (but resizing yes).
    Pixlr is by far the closest thing to an 'old Photoshop' on the Playbook, as far as I know it's the only one that allows you to fine-tune lights and contrasts with a Curves tool, for instance. A must-have for actual image rework...
    04-11-13 12:36 PM