Does anyone know how paid apps on BB7 will work on BB10?

I am wondering if developers will have the option to allow paid BB7 users to upgrade for free to the paid version of their BB10 app (just as if upgrading from BB6 to BB7), or will all apps have to be re-purchased for the new platform?

I guess same thing with paid Playbook apps.. I wonder if Playbook apps will just show up as apps on "Other Devices" like we currently see on BB7.
    01-14-13 08:18 AM
    Maybe they will be free if you bought them with the same BB ID uses for buying it on OS7.
    01-14-13 08:35 AM
    It's interesting because if that's the case (BB7 users getting free upgrades to the BB10 equivalent) then what is the incentive for the developer? Is RIM going to subsidize current users to get developers to invest time in re-writing current BBOS apps for BB10?

I found another thread which seems to touch on this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...e-bb10-756653/
    01-14-13 09:49 AM
    Basically, if the developer adds the BB10 version of the app as another device version under the same App World product it will be seen as a simple device switch, just as if you changed or replaced your current BB. However, if the BB10 version of the App has a new version number AND the app developer has decided to charge for new versions, then you may be required to pay for the BB10 version of the app.

To summarize, App World provides facilities to the dev for such an upgrade to be free, however, the dev can still elect to charge you if they want to. Speaking for myself, I will not be charging my current BB customers to use the same app on BB10.

Russ.
    bbquincar likes this.
    01-14-13 10:51 AM
    I don't particularly want to pay for BB 10 versions of the apps I use on my current OS7 device. That said, I think that developers are certainly entitled to at least an "upgrade" fee for reworking existing apps for BB 10. If they come up with brand new, more dynamic versions of the old apps, then we should certainly buy them at a new app price! ~ecm
    01-21-13 02:50 PM