I had some time today and decided to check if any of my recent photos have been backed up to my Onedrive. I do not see anything. What is the folder that is created by the Onedrive for BB app where pictures are stored? Is a photo taken from the camera backed up (settings permitting) from my Sdcard? How exactly does the application backup my pictures and video? Thanks
    11-18-14 09:05 AM
    the path is "BlackBerry"-"Photos".

It does automaticly sync my pics once I get a new photo in the both Flash and SD folder �Carmera�. So may be ur pics is not in these two forlders.

BTW, I do not suggest using OneDrive to sync camera pic coz it always get them resized and with an unacceptable resolution... That's why I'm using BOX now instead.(Althoght the speed is quite sucks in China...)
    xxxmerlinxxx likes this.
    11-19-14 06:27 AM
    the path is "BlackBerry"-"Photos".

It does automaticly sync my pics once I get a new photo in the both Flash and SD folder “Carmera”. So may be ur pics is not in these two forlders.

BTW, I do not suggest using OneDrive to sync camera pic coz it always get them resized and with an unacceptable resolution... That's why I'm using BOX now instead.(Althoght the speed is quite sucks in China...)
    I didn't know that.
    11-19-14 06:40 AM
    I didn't know that.
    I didn't know it either, but I just confirmed it. Photos taken at 3120x3120 are resized to 2048x2048.

I'm not impressed.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-19-14 07:09 AM
    I didn't know that.
    IIRC, OneDrive compresses pictures with no option to disable it. Dropbox also compresses pictures, but you can disable it. Box does not compress pictures.

+1 to box.

The only thing you might not like is the 250mb individual file limit for free accounts.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1151
    kbz1960 and sam81 like this.
    11-19-14 07:16 AM
    I'm doing a bit of digging on this. Apparently the Android and iOS apps for OneDrive have the option to upload at original size. The BB10 app has no such options. This app was written by BlackBerry, so it looks like a "feature" that BlackBerry decided on.
    11-19-14 08:17 AM
    Update: I just switched to auto-backup on DropBox and the photos aren't resized. I then used File Manager to upload a 2 MB file to OneDrive. The progress bar showed a 2 MB transfer and the photo appeared in OneDrive. But after the little sync symbol disappeared, the file was down to about 600 KB, so it was reduced after upload. That sounds like BlackBerry didn't do it, unless the app is supposed to send a flag to keep original size.

I've created a ticket at OneDrive.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 and xxxmerlinxxx like this.
    11-19-14 02:04 PM
    More experimenting:

I now have the Passport set to auto-upload photos to DropBox, and they do so at the original size and resolution. If I then use File Manager on my phone to move them to OneDrive, they are kept at the original resolution. Again, if I take a 2 MB photo and use File Manager to move it to OneDrive, it initially appears in File Manager as 2 MB on OneDrive, but when I refresh File Manager it shows it as 800 KB.

This isn't just about auto-upload. I can move images into OneDrive using File Manager from DropBox or even using RFA from my PC, and they don't get resized. They only get resized if the origin is the BlackBerry. After my initial online chat with OneDrive support and followup email, I've heard nothing more.
    11-20-14 01:49 PM
    Yet another update:

I received an answer from Microsoft Tech Support, but it was the kind of "answer" that doesn't answer anything. I quote:

We have this tackled with one of our higher level engineer, and as much, they said that we don't have any solution for this yet. However, this will be reported to our development team. But I am not certain when this will be fixed, or when will an update be rolled out for BlackBerry devices.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-24-14 07:31 AM
    Yet another update:

I received an answer from Microsoft Tech Support, but it was the kind of "answer" that doesn't answer anything. I quote:

We have this tackled with one of our higher level engineer, and as much, they said that we don't have any solution for this yet. However, this will be reported to our development team. But I am not certain when this will be fixed, or when will an update be rolled out for BlackBerry devices.
    That person should run for office!
    kbz1960 and ubizmo like this.
    11-24-14 09:03 AM
    The OneDrive app was just updated and the picture resize problem appears to be fixed. Someone else please try and confirm.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-09-14 07:10 PM
    The OneDrive app was just updated and the picture resize problem appears to be fixed. Someone else please try and confirm.
    Yup, images uploaded via auto-sync are their original size.

Posted via CB10/Passport
    Dave Liao and ubizmo like this.
    12-09-14 11:55 PM
    Yup, images uploaded via auto-sync are their original size.

Posted via CB10/Passport
    Thanks for confirming. This is good news, and I like to think we played a part in it. After learning about it here, I reported it at icanmakeitbetter and I opened a ticket at Microsoft, as reported above. I don't know who fixed it, but my guess is it was BlackBerry, since they actually built the OneDrive app. I just don't know why Tech Support for Microsoft wouldn't have known that.

No matter; it's fixed now. The prices for storage on OneDrive are very good, and now that I'm using Outlook.com anyway for mail, calendar, and contacts, it's good to have files there too -- you know, that whole "ecosystem" thang.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    12-10-14 07:32 AM
    Thanks for confirming. This is good news, and I like to think we played a part in it. After learning about it here, I reported it at icanmakeitbetter and I opened a ticket at Microsoft, as reported above. I don't know who fixed it, but my guess is it was BlackBerry, since they actually built the OneDrive app. I just don't know why Tech Support for Microsoft wouldn't have known that.

No matter; it's fixed now. The prices for storage on OneDrive are very good, and now that I'm using Outlook.com anyway for mail, calendar, and contacts, it's good to have files there too -- you know, that whole "ecosystem" thang.
    Yeah, I think the community played a big part in it. I had tweeted @BlackBerryHelp about it a while back and they said it was by design to save on cloud storage. I explained to them that, being an Office 365 subscriber, cloud storage was not a concern and at least having the option to NOT resize would be nice. They said they would take it into consideration.

I was worried at first that it was a Microsoft thing, because I don't believe that the Box or DropBox apps automatically resized pictures. Glad to see that wasn't an issue and that they are still listening.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    ubizmo likes this.
    12-10-14 12:53 PM
    Is there a way to have photos go into Photos/Cameraroll? That seems like a much better place for them.
    12-18-14 10:23 AM
    Is there a way to have photos go into Photos/Cameraroll? That seems like a much better place for them.
    I don't think so. They go into OneDrive/BlackBerry/Photos or .../Video and there doesn't appear to be any way to change that.

Doesn't bother me, as long as they get there unshrunk. I use that as a staging area to decide which ones to keep, rename, and move to appropriate folders anyway.

Edit: I just noticed something I hadn't noticed before. If I rename a photo or video in the Camera folder on my Passport, that photo or video is re-uploaded to OneDrive with the new name, leaving two copies there, one with the old name and one with the new.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 12-18-14 at 12:30 PM.
    12-18-14 12:20 PM